on 11 April 2002
Having admired the works of both Rumi and Dr.Deepak Chopra for many years I was eager to
get my hands on this C.D. I could not begin to
imagine how the passion of Rumi could be captured
through the medium of music. From the moment of the very first note on this album to the very last
I was totally absorbed. This wonderfully magical and deeply moving work should be heard by everyone on a spiritual quest. There must be a temptation when considering an undertaking of this
magnitude to indulge and go way over the top, thankfully, this has not happened.
A glorious fusion of deeply hypnotic sound and
contemplative verse make this album not so much
a listening pleasure (though it surely is) as something that must be experienced. This is not
one of those "late night" C.D.'s that we all have in our collections, it must be heard and absorbed
into the conscience where, like all great works it will heal and nourish the soul. I cannot recommend this album highly enough, if you only
buy one more album in your lifetime, make it this one.
on 15 October 2004
This is simply the most beautiful sound I ever heard. Give it to the one you love and you will both tanscend this earthly world and float in a sea of love. It is magical and evocative and everyone should hear it. Its pure escapism and yet it reminds us what is real. We should send it to the world leaders so they might realise that life is love, no more, no less.
on 19 November 2001
This work of the Persian mystic Rumi is one of the best musical /poetic works where Rumis poetry is set to the background of very sensuous music making the CD a treat both for music lovers and lovers of poetry.I cant recommend it highly enough.
on 9 October 2004
Never in my life heard music that moved me so deeply.
Something touches my soul and I never get tired of listening to it. My best recommendations for yoga and easy listening at home.
Something magic in the voices of Martin Sheen
Madonna and Demi Moore.
on 16 August 2008
How can i put what i feel about this CD into words?
i am absolutely spellbound!! i have never heard anything of the likes of this. by far the best CD i have ever bought, Rumi's poetry itself is beyond this world, but the music and instruments used in this CD are perfect to accompany such sweet words of Rumi's love for God.

Hazrat Inayat Khan once said "when the soul is tuned to God, every action becomes music"

Rumi is a fountain of knowledge, the stream of love which poured from his heart, has been re-united and brought back, to give us a taste of the water of life, which he so eloquently spoke about.

"A life time without love is of no accord, love is the water of life, drink it down with heart and Soul" ~Rumi~

you do not need to be a lover of music, or poetry to enjoy and gain from this cd , everyone in this world is a lover of something, and "every lover is valued according to the value of that which he loves." masnavi
on 11 March 2004
This is a sensual and exquisite fusion of poetry about Love and Truth that draws one into a mystical trance-like communication between the listner and the divine. All set to incredible music - a must for soul searchers, truth seekers and lovers.
on 22 September 2009
Rumi in the 15th Century produced a huge and profoundly rich body known as the Masnavi translated into 6 volumes by RA Nicholson over a hundred years ago. Using an all star cast of Hollywood Stars, Deepak Chopra has created a beautifully soothing CD rich that introduces the Western listener to this wonderful world of Islam that in recent years has been battered by brutal propanganda with its grievances largely ignored. Rumi was a Devout Muslim, Scholar and Mystic. He was overcome by a spiritual love for a guide Shams-e Tabriz and gave up his high station in life 6 Centuries ago to pursue the path of Spiritual devotion.
These poems are a tiny selection but each read so beautifully and accompanied with a soothing meditative music will appeal to even the hardest of hearts. Rumi was truly an Engineer of the Soul to quote an old Soviet slogan.
It is of note that in these blatantly Islamophobic times post 9.11 , that Rumi has topped US reading lists for several years running. His works are a timeless showpiece that lies in stark relief to the kind of view of Islam that even our own reviewers seem to promote with an focus of reviews on the negative aspects of Islam.
The Islamic World is rich in poetry- Hafiz, Saadi, Farabi, Attar- and supreme in the constellation of poets - Rumi. The Mystical and deep connections to God through the Path of Love is a road that all can travel. You will get no better push than by the heart felt words of Rumi.
on 3 October 2002
Having been a fan of Buddha Bar and New Age music for some time now I was thrilled to receive this album and played it for hours on receipt. This ablum takes you to new heights from a relaxation point of view, with simple but very moving lyrics. As one of the other reviewers stated if there is only one more album you purchase in your lifetime, and you are a fan of Nivada, Chakra, Buddha or others alike, don't let this album pass you by!!
on 6 June 2010
I had listened to several of the tracks on YouTube which, with beautiful imagery created an inspiring experience but, somehow, it wasn't enough. So I wanted to purchase the album to make it available to me when out on walks, or just quietly at home, as a meditative experience. I wasn't disappointed because when I imported the CD into iTunes I was then able to listen to the whole CD without interruption because each segued into the other making it much more complete.
Many thanks!
on 9 February 2009
Someone reccomended this to me and at first I thought it was weird. Then it really got under my skin and I now play it a lot. It's all about eternal, universal love and it is beautiful and haunting. Interesting that Madonna and other celebs take part but the best voice is Deepak's, wonderful.