4.0 out of 5 stars Another good offering from Maroon 5.
Published on 27 July 2012 by K. Cavill

2.0 out of 5 stars Another to add to the 'adult only' list
Published 24 months ago by Gitterbomb

2.0 out of 5 stars Another to add to the 'adult only' list, 28 Dec 2012
Dont get me wrong I am not a prude and I swear more than most - but never in front of my kids (aged 6 and 10) and I don't appreciate people that do. So this is another in a long list of latest CDs that seem to think it is absolutely necessary to add a rant of expletives to each song. I am getting really fed up of having to skip tracks when playing in the car - particularly when it's songs the kids know from the radio. Payphone really annoyed me - it's one the kids know but I cannot play it at all as this is not a radio edit. Personally I regret giving them my money and they're now out of reach from my kids who are their future audience. So, can I rate the music, the talent, the technical mastery? Nope, cos I've had to remove it from the car and the stereo. Is it beyond the realms of possibility to let us download 'clean' versions - apparently, yes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good offering from Maroon 5., 27 July 2012
K. Cavill "virgo" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I have all of Maroon 5's albums, and this one is just as good as their others. It has a similar sound to the others, so fans of the band should not be disappointed. I had to deduct one star, as although I have no problem with swearing, I don't always feel that the expletives in some of the songs are very natural. It seems like an attempt to appear more edgy or hardcore, and therefore a bit false. That having been said sometimes the explicit language works well, like in 'Payphone', in the line 'One more [insert rude word] love song, I'll be sick'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lucy, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Overexposed (Audio CD)
This album is more pop than their previous music, but still a great album. Adam Levine has such a distinctive voice and there are some amazing tracks on this album - especially 'wasted years' which faithful to the original music maroon 5 became well know for. Not as good as SAJ, but that was an exceptional album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Overexposed review, 4 Sep 2012
This review is from: Overexposed (Audio CD)
Thi s product is very good and what the product was said to be was not what I got but better than I thought was coming. It did not specify that the case was a cardboard case and it did not specify that it was the deluxe edition. I love the product and it is now on my IPod.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUT NOT GREAT, 3 July 2012
Listening to Overexposed makes me feel glad maroon 5 are back. Saddly i think i might have been expecting a little more. After the mutt lange produced hands all over i was left wanting more of the same. Overexposed provides us with the most popiest maroon 5 yet and even though i like the album i feel they are pulling away from their roots and into a commercial sound. If this is a good thing for them time will tell.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty disappointing, some good songs though, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Overexposed (Audio CD)
Maroon 5 have been going downhill from the start, and this album continues the trend. You can barely recognise their trademark sound from Songs About Jane and It Won't Be Soon Before Long, it's even lacking the breakup songs they became known for.
Most of the songs follow in the style of the vastly popular Moves Like Jagger, but without carrying it off so well, and mostly the songs are soulless and repetitive. Despite this, there are a few excellent songs on the album, some of which aren't found on the regular version, so if you are going to buy the album I suggest getting this one. To give you a better idea of what it's like, I'll go through and rate the songs individually:

One More Night- To be their next single, I believe. A very catchy tune, more like their new style, but still a decent song 8
Payphone- Alright, not particularly interesting but a good tune 6
Daylight- A much slower song, sounds really good 8
Lucky Strike- One of the soulless repetitive kind, good tune, but actually seems to mean nothing 5
The Man Who Never Lied- Quite like this one, intersting lyrics and catchy 7
Love Somebody- One of the best tracks of the album, cool sound 8
Ladykiller- This is where the album starts to trail off, some of the sounds are more reminiscent of the earlier albums, but sounds awful and is pretty annoying to hear 3
Fortune Teller- Very repitive, has some cool sounds but doesn't really make sense as it seems to be talking about 5 things all mixed up 4
Sad- Ballad type one, Adam's voice sounds good but isn't very interesting 6
Tickets- Once again soulless and a bit weird, but sounds good and is catchy 4
Doin' Dirty- Alright, good chorus, but the verses are dull and a bit weird 5
Beautiful Goodbye- A bit repetitive, but really beautiful song with a nice, but not so poppy tune 8
Wipe Your Eyes- Really sticks with their new electronic sound, anthem-y and quite sweet 7
Wasted Years- LOVE this song. Just like their old stuff and sounds really good 10
Kiss- Cover of the Prince song, Adam sounds good, but not really my thing 6
Moves Like Jagger- Had this been the only song of this type on the album, I would have loved it. Instead it seems to have started Maroon 5's deline into electronic pop. Still a good song though 9
Payphone remixes- Fine, one slow, one fast, not very interesting 6 6

My thoughts on the album are probably very biased by my previous love of Maroon 5, but the songs are still generally pretty dull

5.0 out of 5 stars I ' Adam Levine, 16 July 2012
J. Lucas (The Best bit, England) - See all my reviews
I've got to be honest, I've loved Maroon 5 from the beginning and have got all of their albums. I'm not going to lie, I have played the Hands all Over album over and over and over again and driven people up the wall with it. Well, this is now getting the same treatment! I already have a few favourite tracks but already I wake up and have random parts of the songs in my head and have to immediately play them!
People complain about how musicians change their style over time but realistically you can't be playing the same sort of songs forever (I felt this way with McFly when they released 'Above the Noise' but it didn't take long for me to love that album either!)and I usually find that albums that grow on me are the best albums of all and ones that you don't tire of quickly :)
Quite simply, this album is awesome. Adam Levine is awesome. You should buy it and I'm sure you'll agree!

5.0 out of 5 stars Overexposed - Maroon 5, 15 July 2014
Excellent CD, Have played and played in the car on my way to work. Would recommend, most of the songs you will know and if not you will learn them fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maroon 5, 12 Jan 2014
Superb download. Adam Levine very unique voice. A group who change the style from song to song, don't feed up half way through cause all songs sound the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars Maroon 5 now part of the "industry", 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Overexposed (Audio CD)
Oh dear, I loved "Songs About Jane", but I think Maroon 5 have now sold their souls and lost their originality.

Overexposed
Overexposed by Maroon 5 (Audio CD - 2012)