Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 July 2012
She Will Be Loved is my favourite song of all times and is on Maroon 5's first popular album Songs about Jane. Now, I am really happy that I saw them last year in Dublin when I was fond of Hands All Over and do not have to think about attending another concert.
Maroon 5 have moved increasingly in the direction of Rihanna & Co. They will attract a particular audience but so, lose a lot of their old fans. I liked "Payphone" and was excited to hear the new album. I don't mind the influence of Rap and Dance on the album but they've changed a lot. Where are the guitar solos of "Harder to breathe" or relaxing melodies of "Sunday Morning"? When I first listened to the album, I got sick of it. Only one song except of "Payphone" did not make me make a miserable face (which is "Sad" that I still like the most). "Tickets" annoyed me so much, I simply skipped it before it even finished. Just now (and I bought the album around the day it was released), I gave the album another go. The first eight songs are okay, nice catchy tunes that you can sing along and forget afterwards. "Sad", I will need to learn on the piano and listen to over and over but the rest of them, I don't really care about...
It is good Maroon 5 is changing and not staying the same but they have gone into a direction in which they lost me and surely lots of other lovers of their "old" music.
on 26 June 2012
This CD certainly delivers. I've been waiting for the release of this for ages, ever since hands all over came out, and have had the date penned on my calendar for months. All I can say is this CD is definitely worth wait. It's upbeat, very catchy, but also has the slower songs to show off Adam's voice, such as 'Sad' and 'Beautiful Goodbye'. Die hard fans may feel that the new direction that the band are going in, more poppy rather than mellow tunes, may not be for them, but as I have bought every single maroon 5 album as soon as it's released, I wouldn't let the different sound of the band put you off. All in all, I would definitely recommend you buying it/downloading it as it wont disappoint!
on 12 March 2013
I was little disappointed with this album, as the rest of the tracks fail to deliver at the same level as the two singles. It's certainly not a bad album, and there are some great lyrics, I just know that once I've added the singles to my MP3 player, the rest of the album won't be listened to often.
on 4 December 2015
Maroon 5 had created an instantly-recognisable sound in their first 3 albums, with Adam Levine's wonderfully off-beat nasal funk soul voice acting as a counterpoint to the melodic soft rock beat of the music. The nearest comparison would be Prince singing his rockier tracks, such as "1999" and "Little Red Corvette".

So it's a huge disappointment that they have abandoned that distinctive formula and instead produced a generic-sounding dance album that is indistinguishable from dozens of other such anonymous albums, with a tedious hip-hop beat on every track, that drowns out Levine's vocals and destroys their previously distinctive sound. Hard to tell this is Maroon 5 at all.
on 21 February 2015
It doesn't seem like 8 years since Maroon 5 first broke the charts, but it was in 2004 that I first came across them. I was impressed enough with what I heard from their first two singles on MTV to buy the album, but quickly realised I'd already heard the two best tracks and the rest of it wasn't as good. Future output didn't impress me and the band faded from their radar. Until the release of "Moves Like Jagger", which topped the charts in more than 20 countries and was played to death when I first started Bokwa, as the beat was perfect for an aerobics workout. So here I am again, hoping I've not already heard all a Maroon 5 album has to offer before I've heard the album.

Sadly, it seems that for the most part Maroon 5 have done the same thing they did to me before – hooked me with a couple of decent tracks and then produced an album that can't deliver on the early promise. Admittedly, there seem to be more stand out tracks here than on previous albums, particularly towards the end of the album, but they aren't enough to save the album from mediocrity. Once again, as with every Maroon 5 album, I end up being disappointed as there are some great songs here that suggest that can be really good when they put their mind to it, but they don't seem to be able to concentrate long enough to produce a great album.

For fans who know what to expect, yet like the band regardless, this is more of the same and if you've ever liked a Maroon 5 album, you'll like this one. For the non-fan, there's really not enough here to change your opinion and you're better off just downloading a few tracks here and there and sticking to the highlights.

This review may also appear, in whole or in part, under my name at any or all of www.ciao.co.uk, www.thebookbag.co.uk, www.goodreads.com, www.amazon.co.uk and www.dooyoo.co.uk
on 20 August 2012
Until recently Maroon 5's albums have been really good with some absolute killer songs. "This Love", "Sunday Morning", "Wake Up Call", "Secret", "If I Never See Your Face Again", "Back At Your Door", "Just A Feeling", "Stutter", "I Can't Lie" etc. What a great voice and singing style Adam Levine has. "Sunday Morning" is among the most played tracks on my i-pod and my friends know me as being a jazz-funk, hip-hop, rare groove, acid jazz, soul fan.

I was really looking forward to the latest album, Overexposed. To put it nicely, what a massive let down! Apart from "Beautiful Goodbye" it feels like a bland electronic album that wastes their talent as a group. They are capable of real songs instead of whatever you call it on their current album. I don't know what Adam Levine is trying to do on the album. What a waste of an awesome voice. Shame!

I am still optimistic about them for the future. They can't have come up with so many good songs in the past and not be regarded as talented.

Anyone who hasn't heard their previous albums listen to them and you'll get an idea of what real quality songs are. I'll stick to my i-pod and wait in hope for their next album.
on 13 August 2012
One of those albums which instantly stands out and sounds great at a first play. I enjoyed the single Moves Like Jagger when it was a hit last year but had no idea such a blatant disco song was by former indie band Maroon 5, which made me want to find out what else they could do in a similar vein.

Overexposed was quite a surprise, as this is an out-and-out pop album all the way through, with relentless hooks and great choruses. The No.1 hits Payphone and Moves Like Jagger aren't the only highlights - The Man Who Never Lied, Doin' Dirt and the ballad Beautiful Goodbye also sound like No.1s! Doin' Dirt is the unashamed disco stomper in the same way that made Moves Like Jagger become so irresistable. All the songs on Overexposed sound like hit singles though - a very clever album. The only sting in the tale is the nagging sense that indie Maroon 5 aren't/can't be being entirely sincere here, but it works!
on 29 June 2012
First off I'll begin by saying that Maroon 5 have changed their sound quite a lot over the years and subsequently this album can't really be compared to their excellent debut, which it inevitably will be. There is a lot of funk/electro influence on this particular album which wasn't really there on previous releases. This aside, I found this album to have one or two awesome tracks, quite a few forgettable ones and a couple of dire tracks. Highlights are "One More Night" and "Love Somebody", which are really catchy and show off Adam's vocals well. I didn't like one of the main singles on the album, "Payphone", as they appear to have inserted a rapper in the second half of the song for no reason at all. The rest of the album is made up of forgettable electro-noise, when I was hoping for songs similar to their recent big hits like "Moves like Jagger" and "Misery". Overall this album isn't anything special - if you don't follow this band I recommend one of their previous albums instead.

NB: It's also noting that Moves like Jagger is included on this album too, as well as in the repacked previous album "Hands All Over".
on 9 September 2012
This album is by far the best album Maroon 5 have done up to date. It has a potent mix of slow and upbeat tracks and that's exactly what a successful album needs and this is exactly what it delivered.
If you buy this album you will definitely have the songs you fall in love with, personally my favourites are 'Daylight', 'The Man Who Never Lied', 'Love Somebody', 'Fortune Teller' and 'Lucky Strike'. They're all songs what you can chill and listen to and they're not to slow and boring and that's what I love about them.
The funky album cover also adds to the excitement and fun of the album. The colours are very vibrant and groovy. What's good and different to any other recent album what's came out. If you've listened and loved Maroon 5's previous albums, you will definitely love this album. So buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 30 July 2012
I bought this album after hearing payphone and one more night and hoped for the rest of the tracks to be just as good but was slightly disappointed but overall if you love maroon 5 you should enjoy this album.