on 21 October 2012
If you like the original monopoly then please dont buy this, as soon as we opened the box we were disappointed to find that there was no paper money! Replaced instead with little bits of card. The aim of the game is to reach £1 million, which i managed without even trying after about 10 minutes because each time you pass go with your upgraded game piece you collect 250,000 so a few times round the board and you win! there was only two of us playing yet the bank ran out of the higher value cards pretty quickly. Finally this has fewer properties to buy than the original and none of the familiar london names, also there arnt enough houses or hotels. Do yourself a favour and stick with the original for half the price.
99 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2012
my eight year old son loves this, he does make up his own rules to an extent but he and his friends and all the rest of us have been spending lots of time building our financial empires. the title of the game certainly captures the imagination. Great for teaching understanding of big numbers and because money made from cards less time spent on sorting the game for set up as with traditional monopoly.
on 17 January 2013
We got this for our children for Christmas and it's a huge hit for our whole family. My husband and I find it very enjoyable and so much faster than the original Monopoly. My son is only 6 but he really gets the idea and wins games without us giving him chances. It is a much more positive game than the original Monopoly because you are aiming for a specific goal rather than playing to the bitter end and trying to bankrupt the other players. So much kinder for a young child!
There are 2 downsides. You do run out of money. We swapped the 1,000 notes and made them 100,000 value instead - even then we still got short. It needs some 500,000 notes.
The other downside is the cheap plastic playing pieces. They could be better made and the small aeroplane is hardly visible on the board.
Apart from that I would highly recommend it.
on 24 May 2013
Monopoly millionaire is a very fun and exciting game. It goes way quicker than the original monopoly. The money is very simple and there's no mucking about with paper money and risk of it getting damaged. The money is cardboard and is much better than paper money, Its very different to the original monopoly which makes it fun to play.

You have to buy or auction a property you land on which makes the game quicker. It never gets boring and can easily last around 1 hour (depending on how many people you play with).

I would recommend this version of monopoly simply because its more exciting and fun to play.
The only downside I have is that there are not enough hotels and the paper airplane is very hard to pick up! Apart from that, its brilliant!
on 17 November 2012
Bought this and it's an Excellent spin on Classic game but very dissapointed with the fact its on 1-4 players :-(
on 26 October 2013
Monopoly is another fun game for the family, not with London cities but well thought out scenes like Paradise Island - much more fun than London! You and your opponents each start the game with a small salary whilst passing but throughout the game, this increases and so will the quality of your transport. It didn't take us a short while to finish this game because mummy brought the really expensive houses! It is a lot of fun and don't think it's just the packaging trying to lure you in! It's not - this game is truly awesome and there is en0ugh supply of everything.
on 13 April 2013
This game is great for the whole family. The money is much better as it is card then doesn't crease. Upgrading your movers are fun and the fortune card's are great most of them ask you to buy or auction the property you just landed on if not move on to the next one and do the same. It's not as easy as going round the board a few times then you've won I would recommend this game to any one who is up for a fun game. It's much better than the original version.
on 12 January 2013
We all really enjoyed this game over Christmas because it stretched my games mad 6 year old grandson and was a good enough game for everyone else to join in. Adults who remember monopoly from their youth picked it up instantly and the children enjoyed it too but it is good enough for them to keep playing and learning more strategies after the holidays. It will certainly engage all the family.
on 22 January 2013
Bought it for a Christmas for our 7 year old son, and he loves it so much.
it got him thinking hard,how to win. The good thing is it's not gonna keep you for ages to finish it off but even a wining that first million you can carry on playing and get that second million - as we have done it.
overall really pleased with the game it's fun for kids and adults.
on 2 October 2013
This has to be the worst monopoly I have ever played - and trust me I play a lot.
I brought this edition to add to my collection and when we played it it didn't last long. Brilliant if you only want a very quick game but i have always believed that if you're going to play a game of monopoly then you're in for a long one.Overall very disappointed.