5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mouse.
REASON FOR BUYING A WIRELESS MOUSE: My laptop is my primary computer and the in-built track-pad / pointing-device is really not ergonomic / efficient enough for me for everyday use. I also wanted a mouse to use when presenting slides so didn't want it tethered.

Published on 3 Aug 2010 by Celtech

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but no middle button on wheel
The mouse is definitively very good in all fields, except...

There is no middle button on the wheel.

Clicking the wheel alters it's state between rolling smoothly, or taking "steps".

Published on 5 Dec 2010 by Vinchenso

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing mouse., 3 Aug 2010
Celtech (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews

REASON FOR SELECTING THIS MODEL: I already had a number of Logitech peripherals on different PCs that work brilliantly, so I decided to stick with the Logitech brand. I also have a Logitech Numeric Keypad (N305) on the laptop so the mouse was able to share the same unifying wireless receiver.

HOW DID IT WORK: Setup was really simple and it is, by far, the best mouse I have ever used. Battery life seems excellent.

WHAT IT'S LIKE: Standard mouse size. Solid (heavy enough but not too heavy) with good quality tactile buttons. Excellent ergonomic shape. Sharp finish and overall professional appearance.

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT: Everything - but some particularly notable niceties include:
(1) The scroll wheel has two modes that can be toggled by simply pressing down on the wheel - 'freewheeling' to quickly spin to the start / end of a very long file, and 'notched' to step up or down in a more controlled manner.
(2) The left and right tilt of the scroll-wheel also makes horizontal scrolling (or character input positioning along a sentence) really simple.
(3) The Darkfield technology really does work on any surface - I have used it on; shiny desk / glass table / paper / upholstery / clothes.
(4) The Window selector button displays all of your open windows at once (as small panels) so you can quickly select the one you want to jump to.
(5) For normal use it uses 2 AA batteries, however if you are travelling with it and want to make it a little lighter, you can remove one of the batteries and it will still work.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE ABOUT IT: Nothing.

SUMMARY: Brilliant.

I hope this has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech MX, 6 Feb 2010
I've bought this mouse to replace my Logitech VX Nano and I must say that it's a step closer to being the perfect mouse!

I do a lot of spreadsheet work, I surf a lot and I play games at a considereable amount too. After two weeks of using the Anywhere Mouse, I can say that it's worth your money. It's a premium item because of the design and the material.

The mouse feels natural on your hand as it is not as big as other Logitech mice (i.e. Marathon Mouse). I'd say the feel is very close to the VX Nano. I don't feel any pain in the wrist area nor in my hands even after using it continously for three hours.

The buttons are very responsive. Compared to the VX Nano, the forward and back buttons are located near the thumb and are easily operated now. This reduces effort on the index finger as I used to press the forward and back buttons on the VX Nano.

The small receiver is back but this time it's a Unifying Receiver which you can with other wireless Logitech devices that are compatible so you can free up your USB ports. The batteries last for three months similar to the VX Nano. Logitech Setpoint software is available for you to customise your cursor control and button presses.

The highlight and selling point of this mouse is the Darkfield technology which allows one to use the mouse on glass and other surfaces that laser mice have difficulty operating in. This is definitely a plus for those who work on glass tables. It performs well on gaming too.

I'd recommend this product if you have the budget because it's sturdy and has high value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mouse - with serious quality control issues., 18 May 2014
This review is from: Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass) (Electronics)
Pros:

I am a pro software developer and this is probably the best mouse that I have used so far (if not faulty.. - see below).

It features excellent ergonomics, excellent movement precision, nice button feedback and build quality. It looks and feels professional. The heavy and solid, fully metal scrolling wheel allows you to easily and precisely scroll (thanks to its two functioning modes) in your source code or text pages.

Cons:

1) The battery does n't last as long as I'd like to but problem solved with rechargeables.

2) Logitech seems to have done a *really bad choice* in the manufacturer of the micro-switches for the main mouse buttons (mine were E-Switch TS20100F070S), which suffer from the notorious double-click issue. You can search on Google about it.

Basically after a while of use the left or right mouse buttons may start double clicking even though you just single click. This is due to the bad quality of the underlying micro-switches.

I have bought of these 4 mice and the two of them proved faulty, breaking after 2-3 months of normal use. I fixed by ordering replacement micro-switches and doing some soldering work but this particular type of micro-switches that Logitech is using for this mouse are difficult to find even on e-bay! Most manufacturers such as Apple use Omron microswitches, which if Logitech was using here, would probably not suffer from that issue.

So beware, if you buy this -other than that amazing mouse-, make sure that you can return it for a replacement just in case you get a faulty model!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse ever!, 2 Feb 2011
I have replaced my 4 years old logitech V500 mouse and it was best choice I could make.
The only thing I'll have to get use to is the wheel because V500 had sensors instead.
This mouse is simply incredible...works everywhere with super precision.
Build quality is superb...Logitech.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, works well on glass probably worth the high cost, 13 Sep 2010
Since only Logitech to my knowledge, advertised a laser mouse which works on glass I was slightly sceptical about its capability. I was pleased to find that it works perfectly in this respect. If the glass is absolutely spotless it struggles for a few seconds until there is a tiny amount of grease/dirt from yout hand in the area, then it is faultless. For those seeking a minimalist effect on a black glass desk like mine, be ready for a slightly grubby area from your hand which you didn't notice with a mat!

Not the most attractive to look at but feels ok in your hand and ok to grip. The mouse is solid and the freewheeling scroll saves me loads of time. Sideways scroll is usefull too.
No connection problems, tiny usb reciver works well in pc and in a usb powered Belkin KVM switch
Battery life is holding up well, dropped quickly over the first 2-3 weeks but now more slowly showing 67 days left with 1 month gone.

The first mouse I had did not have the browser forward/back buttons working - I was not sure if software problem but logitech sent a replacement in 2 days. The forward/back buttons work fine on the replacement but I find the buttons are too far back on the side of the mouse, you have to change your grip which is inconvenient or rock your thumb awkwardly.

I usually avoid installing "yet more software" but the added features SetPoint software hasn't crashed anything (Windows xp/ Windows Server 2008) or hogged resources or constantly checked for upgrades and is worth it for the instant helicopter view of all windows.

Conclusion
Well made, solid, reliable on glass (and other surfaces), not too big. works first time with KVM switch. Prob worth hihh cost if the batts do last 3 months (I use constantly all day long)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this mouse, 6 Feb 2011
I bought a Microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse for my laptop. It was cheap and nasty and after 3 days it stopped working. Returned it to Amazon for a no fuss refund (well done Amazon.) I looked at the Logitech bluetooth mouse but it had mixed reviews and I think the bluetooth technology is a bit flaky, so I went for this wireless mouse instead. The little receiver is left in the laptop all the time, it is no bother and I stil have 2 USB ports which is fine for me. The mouse is well built and works beautifully, even on my glass table. The applications button (opens mini versions of all open apps on the desktop for you to click on whichever you want) is excellent. The scrolling, choose click or faster non-click just by pressing on the wheel) is good, and the forward/backward thumb buttons are very useful. Rather that a flimsy on/off switch you turn this mouse off by flicking a cover across the laser. That too is beautifully engineered. This mouse is NOT cheap but I feel it is worth it and I unreservedly reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOgitech Anywhere Mouse MX, 22 Nov 2011
Not cheap. I paid about £41.63 at Amazon and noticed today that they are on offer at Tesco direct as of 22/11/11 for £25.
Solidly made. Small, which is OK for me as I have small hands for a male. Works on denim jeans and carpets and more normal mousing surfaces. A little heavier than a wired mouse due to the batteries. Comes with a rather tight-fitting carry bag. I am left handed and have found it ok to use, even though it is right handed. I have not yet used the additional function buttons. I also bought a Logitech wired keyboard K800 which is also very well worth a look. The two work through a single mini-dongle plugged into a single usb port on my laptop. The Logitech website provides easy to use software to setup for two devices through a single dongle. Worked a treat. Transformed my laptop tactile interface.! (IT professional, heavy user)

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good, but no middle button on wheel, 5 Dec 2010
The mouse is definitively very good in all fields, except...

There is no middle button on the wheel.

The button behind the wheel can be set up to work as a middle button, but to use it, you have to twist your finger, or take your hand off the mouse a little, and then regain position to use it again.

If you use a lot the wheel-middle button to open links in new tab, or closing tabs, you're not going to like this mouse.

Anything else on the mouse is superb. Maybe a little expensive, but my previous logitech mouse lasted me for 7 years, so i assume this one will earn it's own price.

1.0 out of 5 stars I love this mouse and would have gladly given it 5 ..., 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass) (Electronics)
I love this mouse and would have gladly given it 5 stars, but unfortunately the left click button has always felt loose/spongy, and from the very beginning would occasionally double click. I bought it around 10 months ago and over time the double clicking occurred more and more frequently until after around 5 to 6 months of ownership it reached a stage where it would do so with almost every click. Rendering it completely unusable without causing, as I'm sure you can imagine with it being the left click, extreme frustration, annoyance and major headaches thanks to the extra workload this particular problem can create.

I've since returned to using the Logitech mouse I've owned now for 9 years which is still going strong and has never caused me a problem. The old mouse (plus a Logitech keyboard I used before switching to a laptop) is the reason I chose to stick with Logitech after deciding a new upgraded mouse was long overdue. The Anywhere MX is expensive compared to others on the market but the original mouse left a lasting impression on me of Logitech being synonymous with robust quality. So the choice of which make and model to go with seemed obvious even with its eccentric price tag.

Sadly however, my judgement proved misguided and has left me annoyed with myself for not reading the reviews before purchase. Since upon reading them I see numerous other buyers have experienced the same defect with their Anywhere MX.

It's such a shame, because as I stated above I love the Anywhere MX. Of course It's all subjective but I find the sensible size, ergonomic shape and balanced weight just perfect for me personally. Plus it's stylish to boot which is always a pleasant bonus.

But, if apart from the left click button I'm stoked with it why have I been so harsh only giving it 1 star? Well, to a lesser degree there are also the possible problems which may or may not arise due to the poorer quality of mechanical components used compared to my original Logitech to consider. I've no idea if this is a deliberate attempt at eking out more profit at the expense of higher quality or if it's due to a difference of philosophy concerning quality on part of Logitech's components supplier. But the result is flimsy, in-durable feeling moving parts. Which includes all button clicks, mouse wheel click functions and scrolling, and the sliding of the cover which conceals the optics underneath the mouse. Having said this though, none of them other than the left click button had failed on me at the time of reverting to my old Logitech. And the quality of the actual shell plastics and buttons themselves are all excellent. But the bottom line is I can't conscientiously award more than 1 star to or recommend a product which, based on my own and others experience could potentially be rendered unusable after 6 months or so.

Again, this is a real shame because if these issues didn't exist or if Logitech were to resolve them I'd definitely recommend the Anywhere MX to anyone and everyone without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech, still the king of mice., 6 Mar 2010
Having recently moved from PC to MAC I let my old Logitech MX Laser mouse go in favour of the Apple Magic Mouse. After 1 week struggling to use it I decided enough was enough and went out looking to a proper mouse.

I'd not read any reviews on the Anywhere MX mouse prior to purchase, but past experience told me that a if I pay this sort of money for a Logitech mouse I'm not going to be disappointed.

I was right. The mouse is beautiful. It looks nice, feels great in the hand and works like a dream. With its two AA cells installed the weight feels just right. The build quality is very good. Just looking at it, you know you have something good.

It is supposed to work on almost every surface. I didn't by it for that reason so I have not tried testing it. It works perfectly on my slightly shiny desk and that's all I need to know for now.

The software that came on the CD did not work with Snow Leopard, but there is an updated version on the Logitech site that does. I used it to setup my buttons and to find tune the scrolling speed.

The scroll wheel, I found out, can be used smoothly or with a click. Just press it down and it changes. Without the click it has enough weight to keep on spinning for ages. Great for zipping to the bottom of a long document. I use the scroll wheel a lot in Photoshop for changing figures up and down.I just press the wheel to engage the clicker and I can precisely control the values.

The USB receiver is lovely and small. Ideal for plugging into the USB socket on my Apple keyboard. I never use both sockets, so the receiver is no problem there. Being so small it's virtually invisible. Most other mouse's receivers are quite long and would stick out the side of the keyboard.

Compared to the Apple Magic Mouse, I really feel in control of my Mac when using the Anywhere MX.

I highly recommend this mouse to anyone looking for something a bit special.

Logitech MX Anywhere Mouse (Tracks on Glass)