5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
I have the smaller Jambox so was already a Jawbone fan. However, when spending this kind of money I did research others on the market, especially the Bose alternative. I find this unit to be more than a match for the Bose in many areas, not least the sound quality, which is after all what I want it for... True to Jawbone form, There is a software upgrade already...
Published 14 months ago by Country boy

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, sounds terrible. Forget the big Jambox, get its little brother.
I'll start by saying I love Jawbone products; I own two of the original Jambox and treasure both dearly. The only thing I feel they lack is, at times, a bit of extra volume.

With that in mind I thought the Big Jambox was the answer I had been looking for!

How wrong I was.

Having owned two of the original Jambox (and having listened to a...
Published 16 months ago by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Full of promise, ultimately disappointing, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Jawbone Big Jambox Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone - Red Dot (Electronics)
I listened to the Big Jambox for the first time last year (The Dark Knight OST) and was amazed at how the sounds surrounded me. It certainly packs a punch for such a small item. I toyed with the idea all year of buying one, ultimately deciding to go for headphones owing to my living conditions, but certainly hadn't ruled out getting one in the future.

However I'm listening to it again right now and I'm actually very disappointed. It's certainly smaller than I remember (bonus IMO) but the bass is non-existent. Turn the volume up and it distorts a significant amount, especially the bass even at reasonable volume levels.

It is a good product, no doubt about that, but 200? It's a lovely product to look at and it'd easily fit into hand luggage if going on holiday, but it just doesn't sound good enough to justify that kind of money. I'm told that the Bose Soundlink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II is significantly better with vastly improved bass, although I haven't heard it myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bluetooth speakers for it's szie, 14 Aug 2013
J. Darke "Darkejon" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Wasn't expecting much having read some reviews, but it might seem some people think you can get stellar audio quality for this price, size & weight. So I was pleasantly surprised by the sounds produced. I'm a bit of an audiophile and found it ample for filling a single room, tent, or small outdoor area with perfectly adequate sound. If you're into drum & bass then you might want something bigger, perhaps with wheels, but for everyone else it great.

The battery life is pretty impressive. Found range effects the life - must be boosting the radio when connection seems weak, so keep it close by to extend.

Highly recommended for people looking to get some sounds into a campsite, bathroom, bedroom or kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and clear, 13 Mar 2013
This little speaker really does the job. Sound is clear, well defined and rich in all frequencies. Very easy to pair with various devices. Added bonus the autonomy is quite amzing, still running on first charge. Finally, build quality is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Functionality, Portability and Sound, 9 Feb 2013
Jack Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You only need to look at the Jawbone Big Jambox to understand that it's something different from your average wireless speaker. The sized up version of the Jawbone Jambox has also been beefed up in terms of sound, quality and functionality as we see everything packed into this still relatively small box. Don't be fooled by the size however, this speaker is big on sound - its both loud and good quality. The calling functionality is also similarly impressive, delivering conference call standard sound, a welcome change to the speaker phone and a great additional feature.

In terms of ease of use I've been unimpressed before when trying to connect bluetooth speakers to both my phone and tablet - its often a chance game of pressing two buttons simultaneously and then trying to guess which of several usual pin codes it requires. No such problems with the Jawbone Big Jambox because it literally talks to you - press the button and a voice chirps out informing you "Big Jambox is in pairing mode" - once you've connected something you get a similar sound to acknowledge that it's done and then you're away. Alternatively if you don't have bluetooth there is also a 3.5mm jack on the rear of the unit that could be used to wire in an older iPod or MP3 player.

The clever features don't stop there - if you've got a smartphone then you can download an app which gives you battery information (in addition to the voice telling you), allows you to get calendar notifications and also enable "LiveAudio" an audio enhancing piece of software that gives your tunes an interesting boost in a small space - though I personally didn't find it as effective as the Beats Audio software I had on my phone already. The speaker has buttons on the top which link back to the paired device for play/pause/next functionality as well as for hanging up and making calls. The side is home to a light which indicates on/off as well as pairing mode. Additionally on the side are the ports for wiring in other devices, including connecting the computer for software updates.

All in all, this is a great speaker only made better by the fact that it's totally wireless. Once you've charged the battery for a couple of hours it keeps on going, pumping out high quality sound for hours on end. There isn't a noticeable difference between the power sound and battery sound which is a nice change and makes sure that this is overall a great portable unit - not too big to take to the park, beach or around the house with you. It comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Best, 13 Dec 2012
I've tested lots of portable stereo systems, while choosing what to buy. The only one which had more or less same sound was Bose SoundLink, which it is quieter.
Jambox in contrast have a very loud maximum sound, and if you want to listen music with a great quality of sound just turn on 'live sound".

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 8 July 2013
I made a serious research for getting a portable speaker, and this is the one I've finally bought (the other choices were Bose's Soundlink III and Philips DS8400). The sound is superb (with great bass line), the design is outstanding, the battery performance is great and the bluetooth solution works best for me. The size and sound performance is the perfect for both in- and outdoor - this fella is always with me in the park, around the pool, in every room in my apartment or on vacation. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not quite there, 28 Jun 2013
I bought the Jawbone (small) what an amazing thing. How can you get such an amazing sound out of something so small? On the back of this I bought the Jawbone Big. OK, but not what I was expecting given the performance of it's little brother. Ignore other reviews "3 times the size, 3 times the performance"... Yes, it's better but, it's a bit of a disappointment at 4 times the size. Also, what you gonna do when the battery dies and you can't replace it! 200ish down the pan! Buy a decent hi-fi which is bluetooth compatible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 24 May 2013
Great sound anytime anyplace, I also plug it into my tv as a sound bar, so what's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 17 April 2013
I got the big jambox after buying the smaller jambox which is also great the jambox big looks great and sounds even better I have a Bose soundlink and after hearing the jambox big the Bose just seems to lose every time the jambox sounds better and looks better I would recommend the jambox over the Bose it looks better and it has really good sound quality for its size I'm very pleased with it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 6 April 2013
Great sound
Huge battery life
Portable enough
Excellent software bundled/available
Not the cheapest
Actually visually much less obtrusive than you might think from box art/photos