5.0 out of 5 stars I've Got The Power!
Published 21 months ago by Hal Marshall

2.0 out of 5 stars The smell of this is too strong. It does ...
The smell of this is too strong. It does clean as it says but for me the strong smell makes me not want to use it.
Published 7 months ago by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Got The Power!, 8 Sept. 2013
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dettol Power and Pure Multipurpose Kitchen Spray 750 ml (Pack of Three) (Grocery)
This is one heck of a versatile cleaner, perfect for those of us who hate cleaning anyway and who can't be bothered with a vast army of different products all with their own tiny little sphere of expertise. We want one bottle, don't we? We want one bottle, containing something that can multi-task and something whose scent does not singe the hair in our nostrils. And we want a nozzle on it, so we can make the unenviable task of cleaning stuff a bit more entertaining for ourselves by pretending that we are T.J Hooker or Dirty Harry, blowing away tough grease, dirt, soap scum and undesirable punks of all shapes and sizes. Don't we? Don't we?! Oh well, that must just be me then.

Hydrogen peroxide is the catchy little name for the power behind this cleaner. It somehow manages to convert itself into water and oxygen in the process of tackling skanky surfaces, which is a pretty neat trick if you can do it. You don't need to rinse it and it leaves no residue.

It seems it is not suitable for marble, brass, copper, unfinished wood, carpet, fabrics and unwaxed vinyl, but it is more than capable of working its magic on;

- Food preparation surfaces
- Draining boards
- Greasy hobs
- Bins
- Floors

I am putting all that well and truly to the test on a fortnightly basis at the moment, trying to keep the bachelor pad of a friend of mine looking vaguely reasonable while it sits on the estate agent's books and waits for some poor sucker to come along and do something they will undoubtedly end up regretting. The only thing I can't test it on is 'greasy hobs', since his diet seems to consist solely of dried packets of things you open and then add water to. Why am I doing his cleaning anyway? Well, because he is totally incompetent, that's why. Oh, and there's the little matter of me being too stupid for my own good as well, which might help to explain it.

The instructions are very clear. Having turned the nozzle 'on', you keep the bottle upright and then spray your chosen target from 20 - 25cm away. Then you're supposed to leave it to work for up to five minutes and then simply wipe it away. It does mention that you should 'always test on an inconspicuous area before use' but I certainly haven't bothered with anything like that. I wouldn't bother doing anything like that if was my own house, never mind his.

It really does make cleaning almost a pleasurable experience. Almost. My friend's house was cleaned fairly thoroughly before the estate agent ever came to take the pictures in the first place, so we are not talking about the sort of grime these days that he was perfectly happy to live with then. Nevertheless, left to his own devices, he is an out and out slob - 'Power and Pure' still has its work cut out, believe you me. And, it continues to pass virtually all tests with flying colours. I've even started introducing it to a whole set of new challenges, like skirting boards and other painted surfaces. It takes small yet stubborn marks off walls very easily indeed, although I don't dare leave it on any walls for anything like five minutes just in case it somehow figures out how to eat its way into the brickwork. It does take the paint off if you rub too hard, something I learned quite early on in the exercise when I managed to leave a great big hole in the middle of his matt emulsion. Still, there's a lot you can hide with a piece of hastily rearranged furniture and some rubbish you just made up about 'bad Feng Shui'...

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR ALL ROUND THE HOUSE, 1 May 2014
I got three bottles of this. I have it in the bathroom, kitchen and downstairs shower room. It cleans through grime, grease, cleans the floor, doors, has a lovely fresh smell = great for the cooker and worktops too. Cleans the bath and shower, even toilet! You will never need to buy another household cleaner again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like using this, 25 Nov. 2013
I like that its safe around food, though I would never spray it on food. But it has no harsh chemicals and yet kills bacteria (according to its claims). There's no way of testing how efficient it is though, but I think it does what it says it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is amazing, I used to use 5 different cleaners in ..., 17 July 2014
This product is amazing, I used to use 5 different cleaners in my kitchen now I use only one. It cleans everywhere including cleaning stains from the inside of my oven which proper over cleaners had failed to remove. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cleaner with a nice scent, 20 Aug. 2014
Brilliant cleaner at a great price through subscribe and save. Love the smell as it leaves everything really clean and smelling fresh. Would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 10 May 2014
excellent price for a great product.would buy again and definately recommend.well worth the price and a lovely product.well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 27 Mar. 2014
A. H. Ford "petiteamour" (England) - See all my reviews
This has a lovely smell. Not the sometimes overpowering smell of Dettol antiseptic, but a fresh, clean smell.
I share my home with 3 dogs and a teenager so this spray gets a lot of use wiping up muddy paw and finger prints, worktops, inside the fridge etc. In fact, I buy this on subscribe and save so it works out much cheaper than the supermarket and delivered to my door. Dettol do another that is lime and mint but I haven't tried that yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting the grouting round tiles clean as well, 4 Jan. 2015
I was fed up with buying all different kitchen and bathroom sprays. On reading the reviews, it became clear that this multipurpose spray can be used all round the house and I agree. Great for getting the grouting round tiles clean as well. Really pleased with this and will continue with the subscribe and save. When using, it is best to spray the surface and then wait for a few minutes before wiping.

5.0 out of 5 stars mundane item, cheap, 30 Aug. 2014
Really good price for this efficient surface cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Essential, 11 July 2014
Topsy (Poole, Dorset) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says. A must for every kitchen