5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones
I love these Marshall headphones. The sound is very good, not too bass heavy which makes them ideal for guitar bands (unsurprisingly considering who makes them!)
Published on 7 Mar. 2013 by Mr D Perschky

Had these for a fair while now.

First thing to say is you'll either love 'em or hate 'em - specifically the way they 'fit'. It takes some real getting used to but ultimately I find 'em ok so long as its not a long session of more than three hours. After that time I want to take a bread knife and cut my ears off.

Both have begun to fall apart in that...
Published 2 months ago by David Newton

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Marshall Minor Headphones with Mic - Pitch Black (Electronics)
I have real problems with in ear headphones always slipping out of my ears, especially when I'm down the gym or running. However, while these feel larger and possibly a bit clunkier in your ear when you first use them, the 'wing' design holds them securely in place and provides an excellent fit that cancels out most background noise. The lead is also really flexible (like string!) and cancels out sound which is another issue I've had with some designs being really noisy every time the wire gets knocked.
Great headphones, good value for money and i am on my second pair after an accident with my first!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Earphones Ever, 10 Jan. 2013
These are the best earphones, I have owned Sony, Bose, Dr dre ibeats and these are better than all of them in sound and style. They are so comfortable and they stay secure in the ear. They are that good I brought my brother a pair and he agrees with me with all of the above. If you want a pair of earphones you must buy these ones!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear and bright sound with a very open soundstage, 18 Aug. 2014
Clear and bright sound with a very open soundstage. I find I'm listening to all the extra detail in the music and not trying to find fault with the phones. That said, bass is rather clipped but the overall sound is still excellent with clear middle range and dynamic top end. Unusual earpiece design that sits in the ear comfortably held in place by a little rubber 'wing' (adjustable). I normally have trouble with earphones but these are fine- they stay in well without being uncomfortable. The construction looks good and the 'L' shaped 3.5mm jack works well with the iPhone 5. Good value for money and recommended, although I have not made direct comparisons with other earphones in the peer group. STOP PRESS-Update a month after the first review: They sound even better now and if you use the largest rubber earpiece adaptor that you can wear comfortably, the bass improves as the unit is fitted more snugly in the ear. Highly recommended! (listen the smoke on the water!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones only let down by one thing..., 16 Dec. 2013
I love these headphones so much I bought the Pitch Black & the Black & Gold. They are great. Sadly the only design flaw is the shirt clip which has broken on both. I sent an email to Marshall and to be fair they posted a replacement but that broke too. So in 2 months thats now 3 clips broke. Marshall, you have a great product but your clips have a design fault! :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Best fit for weirdly shaped ears - Great sound - Flaw in the glue used., 8 Oct. 2014
I have "weird" ears, very large on the outside, but tiny ear canals. For this reason, I have never been able to find fitting earphones, even the standard apple ones would always fall out as soon as I'd move my head. Headphones over my ears never worked out either: My big ears would never completely fit underneath and the tight squeeze of the headphones would stop the blood flow in the parts of my ears that were peeking out, causing unbearable pain after 15 minutes. The Marshall minors are the first earphones that just fit perfectly. Their smallest bud fits my tiny ear canals and their rather big (for earphones) shape is the first one that actually fills out my large outer ear and therefore sits snuggly and securely. I can even run with them, they won't fall out.

The sound is wonderful! They are not noise cancelling, which I welcomed, as I use them for my commute and like to be aware of my surroundings when in public. However, despite the fact that they are not noise cancelling, they are still noise reducing. I never have to crank up the volume, even on a loud bus. With other headphones I used to max out the volume, even in quiet settings, so this is a welcome change. The sound is nice and full, no cracking.

I love how the cable is coated with textile. This prevents the most annoying tangles and staining. Also it feels nicer in your hands than the normal rubber.

One downside though, is a fault with the big round golden metal on the backs. So far I've had two pairs of Marshall minors, who both lost one of the golden metal discs within a few weeks. It's glued on (you can see the residue of the hard glue), but it seems that under certain conditions this glue becomes weak and causes the golden metal discs to fall out. Both pairs were replaced under warranty, but it seems like this is a reoccurring flaw.

Anyway, I'm so happy with their fit, I'll keep buying them regardless. If you, however, have a bigger selection of models that fit your ear shape, I'd recommend to go with a sturdier brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Dec. 2012
Bought these to replace my dre beats tours.
They do take a wee bit of fiddling with to get the correct fit, but once you have the right size for your ears they are awesome, the sound quality is up there with the best and I'd recommend these headphones to anyone

2.0 out of 5 stars First thing to say is you'll either love 'em or hate 'em - specifically the way they ..., 10 Mar. 2015
David Newton "David Newton - DND Services" (Wetherby, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Had these for a fair while now.

Both have begun to fall apart in that both big gold discs have fallen off. The first was within a few weeks but it was so difficult to track who imports them I gave up. Oh I had complaints about being in a toilet every time I answered the phone with them...

Sound quality is best described as 'adequate'. For the money paid, I expected better, especially bass wise. My opinion regarding the poor bass cause is the fact the things do not sit close enough to your ear canal if you want to wear them more than 30 minutes. I also find the get very dirty from ear rubbish very quickly too.

Re-reading, it's not good is it? More complaints that plusses. I suppose its all summed up by the fact that I no longer use 'em. I've moved to a set of bluetooth earphones I paid £20 for which last for about a week on one charge, I can use to answer calls and whose sound quality is not quite as good at the top end but at least they have a usable bass response.

All in? There are a lot better out there. In my view they spent too much on posh eye catching packaging than putting it where it was needed - the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, excellent build, 7 July 2014
Best headphones I have had in a long time. Have lasted 4 months so far. Have been through the washing machine twice, been rained on while in my ears, and the audio quality is as good as ever, the sound is quite passive, not an immersive experience to good in the office because I can hear if someone wants my attentions

5.0 out of 5 stars Negative reviews by IDIOTS, 14 May 2015
People that leave negative reviews for these headphones are either simply stupid or deaf.
First of all, people complaining they fit weird or are uncomfortable, you've obviously got the wrong sized rubber ear adapters in, I wear mine for 8 hours a day most days of the week and they're perfect.
Second people are saying sound quality isn't very good. These are "Marshall" they're a guitar amplifier, if you're listening to guitar music they're perfect. If you're trying to listen to house or drum n bass, whilst still good (and better than beatz) they're not going to be brilliant are they? Idiots.
Thirdly, I lost one of the rubber ear adapters and I emailed Marshall direct and they sent me replacements in the post free. Fantastic customer service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stunning to look at, 15 July 2013
I've been using these headphones constantly for nearly 2 years now and the sound quality is fantastic (as you would expect from Marshall) but the way they fit in your ears is a little awkward and not as immersive as normal in-ear headphones.

The main reason I bought these is for the way they look. One of the ear buds has stopped working now but I would still recommend as they lasted so long and cheaper earphones only last me a couple of months before breaking. Definitely worth the investment if you really like the style but if you're more interested in the in-ear sound then go for a different set.

Perhaps get the black ones as the white ones got dirty quite fast and are near-impossible to get white again.