5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously simple recipes
Published on 17 Oct 2004 by fuzzymum1

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for the price!
just got an ice cream making attatchment to my mixer, this book is a basic book with some interesting recipes eg muscovado and rum ice cream, and Amaretti. It is a bit repetitive but if you just need a basic book its fine.
Published 11 months ago by dedred

5.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously simple recipes, 17 Oct 2004
I was given this book along with an ice cream maker for my birthday and already we are hooked. The recipes are exactly what they say - simple to make. That doesn't mean they aren't fantastic because the ones we have tried rival any of the 'posh' brands you can buy. Our favourites so far are the chocolate honeycomb and the lemon meringue - so tempting they have barely made it to the freezer to harden off - they've been started on while still in the machine!
The only down side is that I'm really struggling to stick to my diet now! The book does have some low fat frozen yoghurt recipes which we will be trying soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of recipes, 29 Oct 2010
I already have the Ben & Jerry book, but this is so much easier to understand and less complicated. Its English, not American, and all the ingredients are easily found.

The Caramalised Apple ice cream is a positive winner.

Best ice cream recipe book I have found.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice variety of good recipes, 26 Feb 2010
I bought this for my son, who is a keen ice cream maker. The book has a good variety of recipes, including some very unusual ones as well as tradition favourites. The time and difficulty is varied too. For example, there are two recipes for vanilla ice cream - one made with a rich custard of egg yolks, cream and vanilla, and another quick and easy one, using ready-made custard. We have tried both, as well as many of the more original recipes and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars ICE-CREAM MADE EASY BOOK, 20 Jan 2010
I. M. Hold (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
I love it, it is easy to follow and the ingredients are easy to obtain and the measurements are all standard and would thoroughly recomend

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 9 April 2010
Amber (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I was given an ice cream making machine and have to say it isn't something I would ever have bought for myself. Having had a few disappointing and expensive famous names chef's, cooks, ladies who aren't a size 12, recipes go wrong, I bought this book. I have had several others in the series and been impressed with them having intially bought them for cousins just starting University and with no idea how to cook.

I am hopeless with anything technical which I put down to my dyslexia but this book gives an ecellent comprehensive need to know introduction to the machine itself. It does not patronise or make you feel like an idot.

The recipes are quick easy and I have had no disasters or epensive mistakes. I have moved onto other more exciting recipes but still get requests for the old favourites in this book.

Coconut and Lime Ice Cream, not an obvious combination but it tastes lovely.
Strawberry Pavlova Ice Cream, a sophisticated take on raspberry ripple.
Christmas Pudding Ice Cream, intended for leftovers but a friend buys an extra one for myself to make this ice cream for her.

Apricot Soya Ice, a friend who has a restricted diet adores this.

Lemon Sorbet, an olde but one of my favourites.

Butterscotch Sauce, used for the Chubk Pecan and Maple Ice Cream but a lovely recipe for other ice creams and numerous desserts.

Tomato, Chilli and Vodka Granita, can't stand it myself but have had numerous repeat requests for it from family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!!! Such a bargain!!! LOVE it!!!, 24 Feb 2008
Oh my god this is great for the beginner, I am just starting out and have gone Orgaic, this gave me so many great ideas, its a little bit of the quick version, you use a lot of ready made custard and ready made chocolate, but to start with thats what you want and if you want to that can be substituted for home maded custard base, great intro and large section on ice-cream such puddings like chocolate banana ice cream pie, and baked alaska!!! --- I whole heartedly recommend this book, so cheap but a real Gem!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant easy yummy ice cream, 4 Aug 2009
Mrs. Marion Rudd (Rainham Essex UK) - See all my reviews
I found this book really easy to follow and have tried quite a few different recipes and intend to try the whole book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly easy, 30 Dec 2007
Dr. R. Spooner (UK) - See all my reviews
These recipes are really straightforward, and there is a good introduction which explains the principles of making ice cream. It is well written and friendly, although each recipe has two identical steps which could have been left in the introduction.

Most of the recipes are based on custard or cream (with sections on yogurt-based and non-dairy desserts), which is fair enough, although I wish there were even more variety, and more explanation of when and how to use eggs (it basically says not to).

Overall, it is a great little book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ice cream made easy, 12 July 2010
This book does what it says on the tin, it makes it easy. Good clear instructions with good ideas. Have used several all with very superb results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty and nice!, 13 Oct 2010
A. Davis (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Handy sized paperback. Recipes are easy to follow - thoroughly recommend Bramble Ice Cream and am looking forward to working my way through it especially as seasonal fruits become available. Great to have a section on healthier alternatives like Iced Yoghurts.

Ice Cream Made Easy