on 26 June 2012
This case fits really well. Everywhere that is except for the volume rocker button and the on/off button. The case is just a bit too tight against these buttons. I only have to lightly touch the side of the case to turn on/off the phone. The volume rocker is troublesome in this case as it's easy for the button to get stuck down. Maybe this will ease over time but I dobt it. I can't complain too much for the price but I may have to get a different one which is a shame because this case would be perfect if it wasn't so tight on the buttons.

Edit: After using this case for the last few weeks it has softened up around the buttons and I am no longer constantly pressing the buttons justby picking up the phone. It still happens but nowhere near as often. I expect this trend to continue and the issue will be gone soon. I have changed my review to 5 stars as for the money this is an excellent case.

Edit 2:
After owning this case for over 2 months it has discoloured to a nasty orange tinged colour. I can no longer recommend this case. My white S3 now looks horrible in it :(
on 19 June 2012
On the positive, the "skin" is made of a decent quality material that could protect the phone from a short drop, this is under the assumption that your phone stays within this "skin".

On the flip side, the word "skin" used in the description is not at all accurate, as a skin implies a thin layer that is tightly connected to the item is is skinning. With the FoneM8, this is not the case, it is a bulky loose fitting cover, that is liable to slip off while removing the phone from your pocket.

On a whole it is just too bulky, and not a great fitting cover for the phone, however it will protect the device if it stays on.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is the second case that I've ordered for the Samsung Galaxy SIII. To be honest I bought this one to put me on until the other more expensive one (PDair T41 leather flip case) arrives, 3-4 weeks apparently. I always have my phone protected by a case and can never understand why people wait until they drop and damage there expensive device as in another review and then go out and buy a case in order to hide the damage, when a case like this one would have prevented the damage in the first place...crazy!!! Anyway, I wasn't expecting much for the money but was well impressed when it arrived. Perfect fit, hugs the phone like a second skin, I'm convinced that this case would protect the phone from most knocks and scrapes. It really doesn't add much more bulk to the device and as its made from a clear gel you can still see the Samsung logo on the back. All appertures are in the right place so all ports are accessible and the slightly raised lip that the case provides around the screen edge will keep the screen clear of any flat surface if put face down when muting the phone thus avoiding the screen becoming scratched. The deal I ordered came with ten screen protectors too which are of equally high quality and fit the screen perfectly. All in all, for around three pounds my device has perfect protection, in fact I'm thinking of returning the other leather case priced at £21.99 and keeping this one instead. Don't be put off by the one negative review, this case is a winner!!
on 13 June 2012
I am disappointed with this case. I got the Galaxy S3 as a free upgrade on the day it was released and I have been delighted with how slim and good looking it is. I have never really used a case on my phones as I have felt that it often hides the device that you are trying to protect, better to suffer a few scratches, at least you have the pleasure of seeing your expensive new phone's styling rather than just a slab of protective rubber. Last week I dropped my new toy and although it survived admirably the metal rim took the worst of the impact and has resulted in a small but noticeable chip.

So the hunt for a case began. I thought this sounded ideal, it is clear so as not to hide the phone's good looks, had great reviews (all 5 of them at time of writing), and was dirt cheap.

Unfortunately you really do seem to get what you pay for. This is a terribly cheap cover.

The fit isn't very good. The case goes on too easily and there is movement in the sides which don't grip the device tightly. This means that the movement in the case when handling it causes the power button to be pressed, locking the screen unexpectedly. The holes for ports are acceptable positioned but not perfect and the finish of the case was average with a couple of very small slithers of trimmed plastic still attached.

For the price I really wasn't expecting much and yet I am still disappointed.

Maybe I am too fussy but my amazing new phone deserved something much better.

In summary, not a great fit, cheap looking, probably priced about right for what you get. I cant see anyone who appreciates phones enough to have an S3 being happy with this case.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 May 2013
What I wanted - A case which easily clips onto the phone which allows me to put the phone on most work surfaces without worrying about scratching, with a little shock protection for those times I drop it.

What I got:
The case clips onto the phone very quickly and securely
All edges and the rear of the phone are protected and the lip of the case round the screen offers some protection as it keeps the screen off the surface if layed face down. (I use this case along with a screen protector).
The gel skin offers some impact protection although the material is not overly soft.

The bad bits:
As mentioned in the reviews as soon as I put the case on my volume buttons appeared to be jammed on no matter how I seated the phone in the case (I have used a stanley knife to modify the volume button cover and this has fixed the volume issue)
The case is new to me so i will reserve judgement on the discolouration others mention until it happens.

Overall:
All in all the case is what i was looking for and will do me until I find anything better. For the price I paid I am happy with it. It's not a perfect case but you get what you pay for and this is fine for the price.. It would be silly to expect a perfect case for a couple of quid. If you want a 5 star case then dig a little deeper in your pockets.
on 11 July 2012
I am very satisfied with this case. I have a similar gel skin on my previous phone which is the Samsung Wave. I still have the Samsung Wave and it still looks like new, even after dropping it accidentally quite a few times from a height of about 1 meter, so I decided to keep it when I upgraded to the Galaxy S III.

This case holds my phone snugly and it slips easily in and out of my pocket. It is thin enough to not be so obtrusive as to make the phone bigger, thus defeating the purpose of having such a slim phone.

I highly recommend this gel case to anyone that has the same phone as it conserves the look and style of the phone and it does not add any extra bulk to carry around, unlike many of the flip style covers.

Contrary to what the "Expert" reviewers are saying on many sites about how large the phone is and that it will not fit inside of a front jeans pocket, I have not had any problems of the sort, even with the gel case on.

This phone with this gel case on is quite comfortable to hold and I am very pleased with both purchases.
on 15 July 2012
I think it's fantastic. I have never seen a cover this cheap during my entire time of research on the Internet. Less than one pound, I could not believe it.
I was looking for a transparent cover in order to be able to view the beautifulness of my Pebble Blue GS3. This is not one hundred percent clear, but it still allows the case to be seen.
It is very sturdy and well protects the phone from accidental contacts with hazardous materials or even falls (althoufh I don't want to try, hope you understand). The holes are well positioned and allow to connect the data cable and the headphones without any hassle. The buttons (volume and lock) are still covered and you can use them simply by touching the case. It may increment their sensibility, but I do not think it is that much of a problem.
Overall I am very happy with this product, that's the real deal. Congratulations to the manufacturer.
on 26 July 2012
I've bought a few of this style of case now but this is the one that is staying on my phone. It's not really clear, more translucent, but the pebble blue S3 shows through and it makes it look a light blueey silver colour which I find quite smart. The surface is grippy enough that I don't feel like I'm likely to drop the phone and other than the screen area it seems to offer reasonable protection should a mishap occur.

Other reviews have said it was loose on their phone but mine seems to fit just about right. The cut-out for the charger is large enough to accommodate the lead that came with the phone and there are decent cut-outs for both the headphone socket and both microphones (the main one and the one for the noise cancelling).

Overall I'm very pleased with the case and might even purchase a spare for when this one inevitably gets scuffed and grubby.
on 17 July 2012
I read all the reviews before I bought this - and, at first, I was very happy with my purchase.

Then I noticed that I could hardly hear the phone when it rings - if I was in the next room I wouldn't hear it. I have missed a lot of calls as a result of this. When you lay the phone flat the case obviously has a hole for the speaker in the back, but the hole gets covered up by the flat surface. The sides of the speaker cover need to be bevelled, or sloped, in order to hear the sound - but they're not.

It fits very well; I have never had a problem with the cover slipping off, and yes, the power button is a little more sensitive with the cover on, so it's a good "cover" - BUT, the difference in volume with the cover on and off is enormous. I'm sorry, but I have now taken the case off and will leave it like that.
on 2 November 2012
While this is good for the price, its simply not functional at all. This case is so tight that it has to be pulled down from the back in order to cover the bottom metal rim properly. Also holding the case by the sides makes you unintentionally press either the power or volume keys. The volume key when used only seems to turn the volume down no matter where I press it. You have to really jig the case about to find the sweet spot that will make it go down. Sometimes turning the volume down even makes the key stick so you end up turning it all the way off into silent/vibrate mode. I have come up with a custom fix for this which is to cut holes round both volume and power keys in order to facilitate their use. Some people may find the cut out for the usb port a tad tight.