on 2 November 2013
Prior to purchasing these bars, I had already tried all the other different flavours that Pulsin have. The item arrived very quickly and I was looking forward to having a healthy bar that evening with my organic coffee as my 'Weekly chocolate alternative treat'. I was very surprised when it totally exceeded my expectations for taste.., it was delicious. I really like all the other flavour but they all taste too healthy and did not really feel like a treat. This on the other hand tastes like good quality soft chocolate.

Being a vegan, it's difficult to find tasty treats that are not plastered with white sugar and artificial chemicals and preservatives so to come across this box of 18 was a dream come true.
on 17 September 2014
This Product used to be really good imho. Then Pulsin changed the recipe (twice)....

As of 17th Sept 2014 Amazon description lists following - Ingredients: Dates, Cashew Butter, Brown Rice Malt, Raw Cacao (12%), Cacao Butter (5%), Maca (2000mg), Brown Rice Powder, Sunflower Lecithin, Vanilla Pods, Ashwagandha Root (200mg), Sea Salt, Green Tea Extract.

These are the original ingredients when the bar was very good.

First change: they took out the sunflower lecithin and vanilla pods and they reduced the amount of brown rice malt and changed the consistency of the cashew butter... Net result a harder bar with a completely different consistency and rough appearance with flecks of nuts visible. All of which marked a noticeable drop in quality!

Second change: They removed Ashwagandha altogether (the ingredient which attracted me to the product in the first place) and reduced the amounts of the expensive ingredients; brown rice malt and cacao powder. While adding cheaper sweetening and moisturising by using 5% concentrated fruit juices (apple/pear/grape)... Again a noticeable drop in quality... While these might now be more suitable for someone with a sweet tooth maybe (trying to look for the positives), they are definitely no longer on my shopping list.

On both occasions I contacted Pulsin about these changes. In the first instance they said that they had simply changed from a smooth to a crunchy cashew butter while neglecting to mention the missing ingredients. In the second instance I received a reply from a director of the company who said that they had decided to drop herbal ingredients, namely Ashwagandha which he went on to describe as obscure and 'difficult to pronounce!' While keeping the food based ingredient - Maca.... Both of these ingredients are mainly used in powder form being taken from roots of their respective plants...

Oh well, it was good while it lasted...
I have now decided to cancel all future orders for Pulsin products.
As for Ashwagandha, it is available in powder and pill form and can be used in cooking and drinks.
As a nice alternative to these bars I would suggest Loveraw - Maca and Cacao bars.
on 18 November 2015
Just to echo what the previous reviewer said, this product no longer contains ashwagandha. Cacao is also 10% instead of the 12% as advertised.

In short, premium prices for what is now no longer a premium product.

Really disappointed Pulsin.
review image
VINE VOICEon 15 May 2014
I'm on a so-called Paleo or Caveman diet and I'm trying to minimize my intake of carbs, sugar and dairy.

I found these bars on Amazon and I thought I give them a try. They are great! Very chewy, chocolatey, nutty and not too sweet, I love these after a bit of exercise or when I am traveling.

Great surprise is that my kids (4 and 2) also love these and they are a much healthier alternative than most snacks.

I suggest you give them a try
on 3 November 2013
I haven't had the chance to try it myself, but the feedback from the friend I ordered it for was that it was great tasting and energy boosting.
on 18 September 2013
These bars are rich and healthy. Great for a snack or before or after the gym. Good to have a a filler in your bag while out which is when I tend to buy unhealthy snacks! Worth the money
on 6 November 2013
Very tasty but too addictive. I cannot buy again until I figure out how to control the craving. I haven't managed to have just one a day so far.
on 19 July 2015
These are so indulgent whilst being so much healthier than a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps - I bought the 18 pack so I could carry one around in my bag at work for an on-the-go snack. They're vegan along with being gluten and sugar free, but they honestly taste like a naughty treat as they're just so delicious. The high protein content means they keep you fuller for much longer, too. Will certainly be stocking up on these and trying out other flavours, too!
on 10 May 2014
Great tasting bars with an excellent nutritional profile AND sugar free unlike many protein bars which are little better than chocolate bars - love them!
on 29 June 2015
These are just too good to be true!!! I used to buy Nakd bars (still do from time to time) and I can't believe I'm going to say this, I think Pulsin have now superseded my usual Chocoloco bar. These are a different consistency and they seem to fill me up for longer. Very like a brownie and a bit like a chocolate tiffin - just LUSH. I haven't tried any of the other flavours, but I'm buying this one again.