on 15 March 2013
I never expected to purchase a card that required 'anti-turbulence' but this card is an incredible piece of kit. It runs at great temperatures in my rig and very quiet too compared to the old card (8800gt) that I had previously.

Admittedly I'm yet to stress test this on anything supremely graphics heavy but it works for every purchase I've made so far, running games on high/ultra without any hesitation.

If you're unsure whether to buy this or not, JUST GET IT. You won't regret it for a second!
on 22 December 2013
I bought this card to fit inside a Hackintosh I was building for video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. I can attest that this is a very powerful card, certainly not the most powerful, but it allows real time effects previewing and colour correction using Premiere thanks to CUDA technology.

I'm not a serious gamer, but I can play all games at highest settings in 1080p, but my screen is 1200 so I have to drop slightly for higher frame rates.

Really happy with this card.
on 14 March 2013
Im used to a cheap gfx card, but on my new build i decided to go that bit further and i must say for the price this card is amazing, i play hitman, battlefield, tomb raider etc with no problems at all. Nvidias boost feature and kepler technology drew me to this rather than amd/ati cards.
on 29 January 2013
I bought this card with the intention of clocking it further to get the most out of it. I had read some very impressive reports from the users on overclock.net so wanted to try and get up to their sorts of scores. I got an additional 103mhz out of the core clock, and 280mhz out of the memory before it became unstable in Heaven (all settings on max, 1920 x 1080, full screen).

Whilst I have not had a single problem with FPS in any of the games I play (in fact, they are all very high indeed) it would have been nice to get a bit more out of it but it's all down to luck of the draw based on the chipset you get. Some users are reported +170 core clocks and +700 memory clocks!

Still, a really great card that never goes beyond 58 degrees with all these fans on. Just be advised that whilst it runs very cool, it's not necessarily heat that will hold you back from overclocking a great deal further.
on 22 October 2013
Ordered this item for my gaming rig and it is top class! It runs any game I throw at it including Crysis 3 and BF3 with high to ultra settings on. Easy to set-up into the board and installation ofr software easy also. Would recommend this item for those looking to use an older set-up but now I would say to upgrade the new 770.
on 26 May 2013
great powerful card my cpu is oc'd to 3.8ghz i7 960.....and with this card i managed to max out crysis 3 average 35fps... quite amazingly considering crysis 3 is extremely demanding considered to pull the pants down of all but extreme end gaming rigs it also comes with a o'clocking utility....which i havent had to use yet......runs extremely cool with 28c-30c at idle and 42-43c under load....great powerful card overall...
on 10 April 2013
I've spent a monstrous amount of time looking trough the specs and reviews of countless graphics cards and surfed along i don't know how many blogs and forums in search of the perfect card to my new and limited budget system.

I came to find that its a preoccupation that hits the majority of the users now a days.

When i narrowed it down to 2 final contenders: GTX 660Ti SC 3GB or GTX 670 OC 2GB, I had to review all the specs as the pros and cons of witch one.

To be short ; i don't have the need so it seems to have 3GB since i already have 16GB in the mobo and the 1GB in difference will not pose as a problem, past that we know that the kindle on the GTX 670 is much more powerful and energy friendly and presents a 256 bus interface versus the 192 bus interface of the GTX 660Ti SC preventing bottle-necking with the CPU.

So since the price range was not that much i considered the purchase of the GTX 670 OC 2GB from Gygabyte Frz 3 that carries the cooling of 3 80mm fans the you most of the times have a hard time noticing they are there.

I know play all games in Ultra at both 1920x1080 and 2560 as well at high fps, Crysis 3 plays at ultra at 75fps, never going over 58ºC

Cheers
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2013
I recently upgraded to this GTX 670 and I am very happy with the purchase, its quiet, cool and went into my Fractal case no problem. If you are a gamer, I would highly recommend this card and will easily support the next gen of games for quite a while yet.

One note, however, Amazon is not a registered retailer for Nvidia promotions, so don't expect to get any of the free games that might be offered through other retailers.
on 20 November 2012
Powerful, cool & quiet i could go on. I bought one of these several months back to replace a troublesome HD7870 at the time, not a peep out of it since.
on 6 May 2013
This card is faster than many GTX680s. It is also a great overclocker. I have 2 running in SLI. On single card config I am able to overclock to 1400 MHz core and 7000 MHz memory. Temperatures never go above 60C. The only thing limiting higher overclocks is the locked voltage parameters and power phasing a lot of K-series cards have. If you want to upload a modified bios, that is something you can quite easily overcome. My 3D Mark 11 scores are:

Single card config - P 11,560 (with 3930K @ 4.7 GHz)

Dual SLI config - P 18,550.

Only a handful of GTX680s and 7970s can get above those. You'd really need a Titan to notice a big performance improvement. You will not regret buying this card.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse