5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by Adam Adamovich

2.0 out of 5 stars Very tiring style - tries too hard to be funny
I enjoyed 'City Boy' but the attempt at 'laddish humour' (which NEVER ends) style is wearing thin and I couldn't get beyond page 2. Total waste of money!
Published 16 months ago by Natasha

5.0 out of 5 stars Another cracker, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
Another cracker from Geraint Anderson. I liked 'City Boy', & loved this. Anderson has the insider's insight that makes this more than just the holiday blockbuster that it also is. From the opening scene he takes you on a terrifying journey into the dark heart of the banking world. I saw him on television recently: he was very funny, but he didn't look like I expected him to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love thrillers. Love fast paced humour. One for you, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
Better writing style than Cityboy, lots of humour but keeps tension up, at last a book about people taking revenge on the bankers ... but more complex than that. Loads of twists.

I read this in a weekend. Unique style and insights that make me laugh, think, and pray...

I laughed out loud several times reading this. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars So very very timely, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
Payback Time is the second fiction offering from Geraint Anderson, aka Cityboy, the young upstart who told us the warts and all reality of life in the City of London- how useless, feckless, drunk, overeducated and amoral everyone was - and very very rich.
Just Business was the first title and this continues in the same vein, with the hero Steve Jones uncovering much nefarious dealings amongst our friends with money, including illegal market manipulation.
Geraint Anderson must possess a crystal ball, and I decided to write my review today, just as Barclays are exposed as having - wait for it! - manipulated markets!
Not only does Anderson obviously know what's he's talking about, the book's fun and a page turner and I'm not sure I can ask for much more - except maybe some honesty from the bankers. But then we're all going to be waiting a long time for that.
More Geraint Anderson, please!

5.0 out of 5 stars A first rate thriller, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
This is a very entertaining read. I saw the author on TV recently and he is a witty and well-informed commentator on all things to do with the city and banking. He used to be a broker so has first-hand experience of how it all works and the extreme personalities who inhabit this world. PAYBACK TIME is his second novel and he gets better and better, having honed his fiction writing craft. This one's about a group of banking friends who gang up on a bank to bring it down in revenge for the death of a colleague, who is presumed to have committed suicide because she was fired. It's a classic revenge heist and is fascinating about how fragile the banking system is, and how easy it is to force a bank's share price down to the brink of bankruptcy. If you want to know how Lehman's collapsed, this is a step by step guide! Scary stuff. The novel is very witty, there are some great lines, and the author has a sharp eye for the excesses and absurdities of the City. I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
A must read for anyone who wants to get revenge. It is well written and shows how the author has a complete grasp of the art of writing

4.0 out of 5 stars CITYBOY, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
Great read could hardly put it down, so many great twists and turns. Read on sun lounger finished in a day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Geraint classic, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Payback Time (Kindle Edition)
Very much like Just Business rather than City Boy which I found very enjoyable
Very funny, cap markets, laddish City humour
Not too over the top in terms of plot and characters.
Easy to read and believable ending
Took me two hours in one seating on hols
Good to see Steve back in action!
Don't be put off by the City and cap markets side to this novel. It is very easy to understand and we explained in those small parts of the book.
Lots of local London references to Barbican and Shoreditch.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very tiring style - tries too hard to be funny, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Payback Time (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars AN ABSOLUTE PAGE-TURNER !!!, 7 Aug 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
By way of background, I am an American and had a friend from London who was visiting the States pick up a copy for me since it was not available for sale here. I read City Boy and Just Business and I must say, Geraint Anderson has done it again. Woven together a brilliant suspense thriller novel that leaves you on the edge of your seat practically the entire way through. No spoiler here, but the ending is excellent and I cannot wait for the next masterpiece to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 11 July 2012
This review is from: Payback Time (Paperback)
Decided to give this a go after reading a few glowing reviews. I can confirm it's a great book. Mr Anderson has a very witty style. Think I'll be checking out his other books for sure...

Payback Time