5.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the previous 5 star model.
Published 22 months ago by debbie8355

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it- my son wasn't interested
I brought this after reading the amazing reviews on here. My son was in the cruising stage when I brought it and I thought he'd enjoy going round it and playing with the various things. Unfortunately he was never really interested in it and I wish we'd brought one of the many other versions that you can get.
Published 5 months ago by T. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars An improvement on the previous 5 star model., 24 Oct 2012
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good activity table which I think is an improvement on the older Learn and Groove table - unless you want a table that can also speak to you in French. It's marginally smaller than its relative but with lots of different activities. I was disappointed with my Leapfrog walker that it was almost a carbon copy of the original Leapfrog table but this is totally different.
The main selling point is the central music and flashing light section which you thump to set off simple repetitive songs about shape and colour. It also invites children to tap to the beat but there is no reward/commiseration for getting it right/wrong. There is a hippo with a mirror underneath, a simple 3 key piano, a tiger which teaches left and right, a spinny fish ball tumbler and a monkey with a guitar.
The sounds like giggling, phrases and speech which come from the unit are really clear and an improvement on the previous version. The accent/speech is in clear UK English despite all the Americanisms on the outer box like 'color'. This seems slightly more educational than the previous table and should carry interest over all the preschool years. It's a friendly, giggly table which tells you things like how many legs a giraffe has.
The alphabet is round the outer edge of the table in block capitals - I would have preferred it to be in lower case.
It's ever so slightly smaller and more compact than the Learn and Groove table which slightly disappointed me at first but now I prefer this table. The legs come on and off easily for floor play.
I've noticed 6 month olds can only just reach over to the outer edge of the central music circle but for a crawling baby with the unit at floor height it shouldn't be a problem in play. It doesn't take much pressure to set off the light display.
Recommended, especially with the lights dimmed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Animal Adventure Learning Table, 14 Nov 2012
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our son absolutely loves this table and at 8 months old he is right near the beginning of the recommended age range for this toy so I can see plenty of use and benefits for him using this now and in the future. He already has an ELC lights and sound drum so knows to hit the drum to make it light up and produce music but the drum in the middle of this table not only lights up and has music but also lights up different shapes which he is fascinated with. We haven't got the earlier version of this toy so I can't comment if this version is better or not but I can tell you that it really is a brilliant toy and I would definitely recommend it.
The table has removable legs so once your child is able to stand by themselves they can interact with the table at standing level but our son is just not quite there yet (although I think he will be very very soon) and so he is using the table at the moment without the legs. The table has two modes; music or ABC along with two volume levels so you can have the volume quite loud or turn the volume down when the alphabet or any of the many other songs has started to get on your nerves as your child is playing it for the umpteenth time in the day!

There are seven stations on the table, of which five have animals on them and all of the stations have really nice bright vivid colours. The stations are:
Hippo - Lifting and closing the Hippo's mouth reveals a mirror inside/underneath and the hippo reacts with phrases like "Hello", "Bye Bye", "Aaahhh", "Open your mouth", "Close your mouth" (to name just a few) and songs about what Hippo's do.
Tiger - Sliding the music note from one side to the other teaches about opposites by the Tiger saying phrase such as "Left", "Right", "Loud", "Quiet" etc and for example quiet is spoken quieter then loud which is shouted.
Monkey - I haven't discovered that this does anything other than when my son turns it round that it make a clacking turning noise but apologies if we haven't spotted anything that it should do other than this.
Keyboard - Depending on what mode you have it on it either does different music depending what key your press, says the numbers 1, 2 or 3 for each key, says the different colours i.e. blue for the blue key or makes a music note noise twice for the number two key, once for the number one key etc.
Fish - I haven't discovered that this does anything other than as it's a bead spinner obviously spins the beads around when rolled but again the simplest things are sometimes the best and my son loves spinning this around.
Giraffe - This is where the majority of songs and phrases etc appears to happen and by flipping the book pages over and back a multitude of different songs and phrases are done such as a numbers song (which I love at the moment but I'm sure in a year I won't be saying that!) and the good old traditional ABC song. Also says phrases like "G is for Giraffe", "I love numbers", "Giraffes have four legs, two ears and one nose" and "Have you met my four friends, monkey, fish, hippo and tiger".
Drum - This teaches shapes, colours and states "red square", "yellow star" etc and does a few songs such as orange light, red light etc.
Also around the main table top are all of the letters of the alphabet in capital letters - one thing I think they could have improved here is to make these stand out more as they are coloured the same green as the table itself.

So I have to say another brilliant product by Leapfrog to help teach your child but in a fun and musical way and a bonus is that the voices are all British. I would definitely recommend this learning table - a brilliant interactive toy to keep your child amused and help them learn colours, numbers, the alphabet and animals too.

EDIT/UPDATE 02/11/2013:-
I just wanted to update my review to confirm that the table is still in perfect working condition with no faults etc having developed. It's just over a year since we first started to use it and believe me it has been bashed about quite a bit by my active toddler plus almost climbed on top of on a few occasions! My son has played with this almost every day albeit sometimes only for short periods of time and he still hasn't managed to scratch the surface on the full interactive learning that this table provides so I am really happy with what a worthwhile toy this has proved to be. My son has not yet started talking in full sentences etc as he is still only young and so I know that this table has still got plenty more teaching and interaction to provide to him in the future for when he starts to learn numbers, letters, colours etc and so I am very impressed with this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 25 Feb 2013
D. Griffin (Lincoln UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table (Toy)
We purchased this for our grandson first birthday

It is very sturdy when on it's legs, you can also play with it without the legs

It is bright and colourful, very interactive, teaches numbers and colours

Would higly recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it- my son wasn't interested, 6 Mar 2014
T. Jones (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 16 Nov 2012
Lindsay Ritchie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This table is so good. My one year old loves it. Keeps him occupied for hours. I have purchased two more for family members. It is a nice size and doesn't take up too much room in a toy filled living room. Plenty of activities on the table to prevent boredom.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table (Toy)
After reading all the positive and excited reviews, I was looking forward to a ton of fun and interactive play from my one year old. The blurb says "More than 100 songs and activities keep babies and toddlers busy"... More than hundred? Really? Not sure about that unless every hippo's uuuhh and aaaah is counted. Disappointing. The table has to be place on a carpet/rug otherwise it turns into a uncontrollably fast walker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift., 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table (Toy)
My 1yr old twins absolutely love this product as there is so much to do and listen to. We were going to get another "big" present and this was going to be a little something extra but they are so happy with this that we don't think we need to. A great product that's worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 28 Oct 2012
Keith Lawson (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The ages are set from 6 months, but I think that is a little early as the baby does not have much motor or balance skills yet and mum or dad (or GD or GM) has to operate. Once the child can sit unsupported, this is a greatly entertaining toy in the playpen. Close your eyes and the talking, singing and music sound like CBeebies programmes, but this has the advantage of being interactive and not just visual/audio. It's a handy babysitter when you have to do the ironing :-)
Feels fairly sturdy (early days yet) and is bright, colourful and has flashing lights. This is "stage 2" after the soft games collections, when the baby is less likely to topple on to it.

UPDATE my niece us now 11 months old and the toy has been put on its legs. It's wonderful to watch how much fun she is having and we believe it's helping her balance skills as she stands and moves around it. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog Animal Adventure Learning Table (Toy)
Great little toy. My granddaughter loves it and it keeps her amused for ages - she still can't walk as she is only 10 months old but can stand at and push the buttons. Great entertainment for her - my daughter also puts it in the playpen with her. I would highly recommend it - great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great learning toy/table, 10 Nov 2012
F. Oconnor "franc" (bournemouth,uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
this is a great learning toy / table

it has lights,sounds and music

younger children (6+ months)can use as toy on floor

and when get older,can stand,you can convert into a table by adding the legs

a great interactive learning toy / table that babies and toddlers will love

another fab toy from Leapfrog