5.0 out of 5 stars gr8t mop
this mop does everything as described. What a useful item so quick and easy to use, I would recommend this mop to all
Published 16 months ago by Elaine Laverty

1.0 out of 5 stars great for first 6 months - then very bad and dangerous!
brilliant product for the first 6 months, then it happended...its just stopped working!

It started overheating on month 7, and the unit was hot that i scalded my hand and arm.
I turned off after 5 mins to let it cool down - then back on 30 mins later, this time steam poured out of the side seem of the unit, then it overheated and i quickly turned off...
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. M (Derbyshire)

1.0 out of 5 stars great for first 6 months - then very bad and dangerous!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: H2O Mop X5 Green Steam Mop + Super Cleaning Kit by Thane Direct

The first 6 months i used it for everything, kitchen, bathroom, tiles, laminate, carpet cleaning, it is really really good... just maybe the quality of the product made in china is not so good.

I returned the product and asked for a replacement - i had seen that thane refurbish units and send them back out so i asked for a 'new' replacement as i still need a steam mop to keep the house sterile during my husbands chemo treatments. Anyway they would not replace with a new item, and so i have a refund! not very helpful.

I would also like to say one other note - if you do have an X5 H20 and there is a black star and a circle on the silver label made with a sharpie marker - then im afraid you have my old X5 mop as a refurbished unit! Its dangerous!

1.0 out of 5 stars H2O Steam Mop, 15 Feb 2013
As a hand held steamer I will mark it 6 out of 10, but be careful you do not scratch the ceramic & metal surfaces with the metal tip. As a mop, not very good - too much wet streaks, too wet (have to go over with a dry mop) even if the steam is adjusted. As for cleaning the carpet I can get the stain/dirt with a cloth and some washing up liquid and a bit of elbow grease. The handle feels fragile - ok to push and pull; but not very good going from side to side. One should not believe everything advertised on the TV. I will not advise anyone to buy this mop - its totally useless as a mop. You're better off using the mop and bucket the old fashion way. Rated as a zero star. 1 star is indicated because it will not let me move forward

5.0 out of 5 stars gr8t mop, 14 April 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Cant do anything with it, 24 Dec 2013
Water constantly runs from the head and drowns everything....... it doesnt clean the grouting in the tiles, it smeared dust around my painted walls and didnt clean it off.... the steam only lasts a short while, its quite heavy for one handed work and generally, I wish I hadnt bothered and Yes, I am following the instructions to the letter!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Household Appliance, 10 July 2013
Bought this after seeing it on TV one morning. It is truly awesome. Cleans my suit brilliantly and the floors, windows and bathrooms / kitchen.

If you're buying a steam mop - buy this one

5.0 out of 5 stars H20, 14 May 2013
I really love it does exactly what it said it does would go back to a normal mop. The attachments are easy to fix

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it !, 8 Jun 2013
I wasn't sure whether to order this steam mop or go for a different one as reviews on all of them were very conflicting. In the end I decided to give this a go. I am very pleased with the item. It is really easy to connect it all together. Just two minutes and it is connected. filled with water and ready to go. I was amazed at how much dirt came off the floors on the first mopping.I thought they were pretty clean really. I now use it every three or four days and the floors are always gleaming. I have tried the carpet glider on carpets that are about 10 years old and they certainly look cleaner, not perfect but given time and a few more cleans I'm sure they will look much better. I've tried the nozzle on the oven and hob and have found these to be really effective. So much so that I am becoming a bit of a domestic goddess. I figure that if I clean the oven every week with the hand held steamer it will never be really dirty, and it's so easy to do that housework is almost a pleasure!!!! Kitchen work surfaces, bathroom tiles, shower screens, taps and shower heads are all cleaned with a minimum of fuss. I can do the whole place in a couple of hours even when switching from large mop to hand-held steamer. The only thing left to do are the windows. I hate window cleaning but can imagine that after doing them for the first time I will be cleaning them on a weekly basis too. My husband is well impressed :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little unwieldly, 5 May 2013
Its fine but a little bit awkward but unavoidably so because of weight of the water otherwise fine. No real complaints.