5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Walking Shoe
This is the single most comfortable shoe product I have ever bought. Size 10 actually fits, I have had trainers recently that didn't accomadate for wide feet but these are great. May not be the easiest to clean if they get very dirty - but they are super comfy.
Published 20 months ago by M. WHITE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but could be better
Very comfortable and the waterproofing seems to be effective. However, for something with such a chunky sole, they are not as grippy as you might think. Walking around the (wet) streets of London over the new year, I slipped on several occasions. Nothing serious and I was able to recover my balance as the loss of grip had only been momentary. But there was a definite loss...
Published 19 months ago by Pete Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 2 Jan 2013
Ian Smart (leics uk) - See all my reviews
great comfy walking shoe but make sure you order at least 1 size larger as merrells always come small acroos the range

5.0 out of 5 stars great warm padded wprf boot first time i have bought merrell products and up till now ***does what it says on the tin ******, 26 Dec 2012
rated 5* because of quality finish and construction. would certainly recomend to a friend . best bargains at amazon uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose., 24 Dec 2012
They do as required, keep my feet dry when it's raining, but they do feel a bit tight (narrow) when they've been on a while. I suppose you take this risk when you buy shoes online. Overall though, they are fab.

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking on Air, 13 Dec 2012
Brill Great Value for Money
Great fitting boots wish I had bought sooner would have saved me from sore feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, extremely comfortable, 11 Dec 2012
Mr. J. R. Ivell "Barjohn" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
I had a pair of Merrell trainers that I have owned since 2006 and were still going strong up until the sole cracked up finally. These were Goretex and extremely comfortable and went through the washing machine with no problem. Normally put off by the high prices of Merrell I opted for cheaper (Chinese made and nothing like they used to be) Karrimor trainers which although cheap, have lasted only 4 months! Got the Merrell's at a great price and they fit superbly, are comfortable, warm but not sweaty and have superb grip in the current icy conditions. Really please with them, especially as I used the extra 20% discount that Amazon were offering so an absolute bargain! Nice colour, I wonder if these will go through the washer?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Dec 2012
Didn't really know the brand previously but love the boots. Lightweight, comfortable, supportive. I've worn these for 6-8miles on numerous occasions and I think they've proved to be well worth the (discounted lightening sale) price that I paid (about half normal price). Much better than the Rockport 'casual' boot I'd used and they are fit for purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Shoe for Winter, 9 Dec 2012
Hi,

I've got this shoe in wright time and looking very nice and feels comfortable in tight winter conditions. It is most suitable to the snow conditions and temp up to -26. Good to use...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, 9 Dec 2012
Very comfortable, which is the reason of my 5 stars. No idea how to tie each shoe in order to achieve the same tightness, though. Pretty much waterproof I guess. I'm actually happy that it's of a lighter shade of brown than illustrated in the picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merely boots great price, 3 Dec 2012
Lovely colour, great price, got these for hubby and he is very pleased with them. Came very quickly too. Ta.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, 30 Nov 2012
Mr. T. Wilkinson (York, England) - See all my reviews
Bought these on the Black Friday deals, though they seem to be about the same price and I'm currently wearing them.

They feel comfortable and look nice. As expected they are well made with no problems visible anywhere on them. I think they would make good walking shoes.

However, a quick walk outside in the wet and I nearly slipped a couple of times on the wet, leafy pavements. I am assuming this is because they are so new and they need breaking in a bit.

Anyway, they are really comfortable, really well built and lack of initial grip aside, I like them a lot.

Update: These shoes also build up quite a lot of static when wearing them, (or at least they do for me), so I've been getting zapped whenever I get out of the car and touch anything metal. Not too terrible, but something I'm certainly noting.

Merrell Men's Archeon Mid Wtpf Lace Up