5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Walking Shoe
This is the single most comfortable shoe product I have ever bought. Size 10 actually fits, I have had trainers recently that didn't accomadate for wide feet but these are great. May not be the easiest to clean if they get very dirty - but they are super comfy.
Published on 2 Dec 2012 by M. WHITE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but could be better
Published 23 months ago by Pete Bell

3.0 out of 5 stars Good...but could be better, 9 Jan 2013
Very comfortable and the waterproofing seems to be effective. However, for something with such a chunky sole, they are not as grippy as you might think. Walking around the (wet) streets of London over the new year, I slipped on several occasions. Nothing serious and I was able to recover my balance as the loss of grip had only been momentary. But there was a definite loss of traction. I'm not sure I'd feel inclined to wear these off the beaten track.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boot failed after less than a year, 11 Dec 2013
Jeff Price - See all my reviews
I have owned many pairs of Merrell shoes/boots as they are very comfortable. However, my experience with these boots has turned me off of this particular company. The stitching on the toe of this boot completely failed while on an extended trip. The gap left then allowed the toe of the boot to fill with sand and small beach gravel UNDER THE LINER (so, not something that could be shaken out). This ultimately meant the waterproofing on the liner failed. Contacting Merrell customer support was met with poor success (and it should be telling that their warranty on their socks is three times longer than on their boots!!). I ended up tossing these boots rather than hauling them back to the UK. A quick search online found that this sort of failure was common in Merrell shoes - as was the poor level of customer service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Waterproof - Amazon only model?, 3 Dec 2013
First pair went back to Amazon within 2 days, both boots leaked badly. Return is very easy; just box up and take to local shop, at no cost. Received replacement pair within a week. These too are not waterproof, I don't know yet whether to send them back or not, as they are comfortable. As others have found they can be a bit slippery on wet concrete flagstones or steps, but they are fine for dog walks on grass and dirt tracks. Just don't expect them to be waterproof.
I bought these to try out the Merrell brand as I have seen many good reviews in magazines and online, the price was reasonable on Amazon. There is no reference to Archeon boots or shoes on the Merrell website so I presume these boots are made exclusively for Amazon [quality may have suffered to meet a price].
Sizewise I take an 8 in shoes but for walking boots (Scarpa - 3 season and Brasher -winter) I take 9; the size 9 in this boot fits me just fine.

Summary: Boots are comfortable, but not waterproof. If they were not advertised as waterproof I would have given them 4 Stars and would probably still have bought them at the price. As a test of the Merrell brand, I'm not convinced that they can justify their normal high price for boots which are not waterproof when advertised as such. My Scarpa boots are years old and still waterproof, even in the West of Scotland

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Walking Shoe, 2 Dec 2012
M. WHITE "Basscamp" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots!, 8 Nov 2013
This boots have a top finish and are very confortable to use. Best for more cooler days as they have a very good insulation that will keep your feet very warm. Perfect for winther days. Go one size up for perfect fit. It really is a great value for money, especially with free shipping included.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sizing and comfort, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Merrell Men's Archeon Mid Wtpf Lace Up (Apparel)
I have worn Merrell boots for years and have found them to be the most supportive and comfortable footwear. I expect the size problem - ie having to go up a size. However, not only were these boots too small but too narrow (I compared them to a pair of Chameleon Wraps that are falling to bits and they are significantly narrower at the ankle and these were a women's fit! Also, they aren't really a proper mid boot as they don't even come up to the ankle bone on the inside of the foot.

This is extremely disappointing - I have already returned a female Siren Breeze (bought elsewhere) as insufficiently supportive, but they didn't pinch as much on the inside of the foot.

What on earth is Merrell up to in the sizing? My patience is being sorely tried as a loyal Merrell customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality boots, 26 April 2014
Very nice comfortable boots, worth spending the money on, maybe could have done with half a size larger (normal take an 8 but with thicker socks felt slightly tight so an 8.5 might of been better)

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrill shoes, 1 Jan 2014
Bought these on recommendation from my wife , and after reading revues. Excellent fit(one size larger than usual) comfortable all day use, waterproof and warm.love them!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent for winter, 29 Dec 2013
High quality footwear, they are very warm and very nice for winter, they ended up being an excellent purchase and a pleasant surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boots, 8 Nov 2013
extremely comfortable and really good value for money, would recommend these boots very highly to anyone. Merrell are great quality.

Merrell Men's Archeon Mid Wtpf Lace Up