on 6 September 2013
This was a good, amusing travel book with cricket added as tghe reason for the journey, i will buy the book as a present for a cricketing friend to enjoy
on 12 September 2013
I didn't choose my interest in cricket - my husband chose that for me! So I wouln't consider myself a devoted fan. But this book is so interesting in its own right that the partiular sport references and famous names involved would only serve to enhance it further for cricket enthusiats. A genuinely inspirational read.
on 10 October 2014
Not knowing what to expect I began reading a little unsure if I would like it. However it just got better and better. Fantastic tails tinged with real sadness at the atrocities people around the world have had to endure. This book is a must read for anyone with a love of cricket or any sport for that matter.
on 2 November 2013
Such a fascinating story about the benefits of cricket in the most unlikely places. Originally read on Kindle I bought the book for my son an MCC playing member, who is loving it.
on 14 October 2013
not sure that non-cricketers would appreciate that much, but had moments of laugh-out-loud funniness. Good to read some uplifting stories of sport sometimes.
on 20 June 2012
This book is a must read for all fans of cricket, travel and Tom Rodwell. It is both funny and wise and a delightful reminder of how sport can bring contrasting cultures together. It is also astonishingly well written considering that, during the sixteen years that I worked with Tom, his own choice of reading seemed to be exclusively back copies of the Leicester Mercury.