on 17 May 2013
I dont know why the Oki printers dont get the praise they deserve. I suppose most people stick with HP or Epson in the Inkjet market and when they come to buy a laser they just stick to those brands. Anyway, this OKi printer was a great price from amazon, has three year on-site warrenty, reasonably cheap to run and was delivered very quickly. This printer has USB, Ethernet and Parallel connections. This is a "proper" printer by that i mean it will handle PCL, can emulate other printers , has built in fonts and a small display. Nothing can be more frustrating than trying to use a network printer without a display as you either have to rely on trying to decipher a combination of blinking lights or using an onscreen message ( not always convieniant if the screen is in another room). very easy setup on windows 7 Pro and Mac OS X. Although using the Apple Mac (via usb connection) appears on to install the driver and nothing else. duplex is default . However , Under windows 7 Pro, you get the full suite of configeration tools. Setting the default font for the printer take a bit of getting used to and could be explained a little better on the cd manual. But after is has been set -works great. If you set is to say courier 15, and run a legacy app that requires LPT1 (parallel) socket this is great and the print is sharp . if you then print with another app i.e. Word it will use the font you have set for the word file page you are printing and temporarly use that document font , then return to the set default font. Great.
on 16 December 2013
Before any handling of the toner cartridge, the printer was displaying an error message about toner that was preventing it from printing at all, despite the fact that the cartridge was nowhere near empty and I had sent a job to the printer. On a number of occasions, I solved this by simply removing the cartridge and putting it back in, after which the error message disappeared. On one occasion, I removed the cartridge without any force or difficulty, exactly as the cartridge is supposed to be removed and exactly as I have removed it on all former and subsequent occasions: by clicking the latch on the side into the unlocked position and sliding the cartridge out. As the cartridge was removed, ink powder started falling out of it, landing all over the printer and the surrounding area. I made the best job possible of cleaning up the inside of the printer, but fine inky dust had settled in parts of the machine I could not access and would be unable to clean even if I could - it was not possible to "prevent damage" at this stage, as the printer was already damaged. The cartridge itself was covered in ink and ruined anything it touched, so obviously had to be disposed of. After I replaced the toner cartridge with a new one, not only did prints come out inky and smudged, but the unexplained error messages persisted: the printer consistently claimed to be out of toner even with a brand new OKI cartridge, and would often not print at all when sent a job. To be clear: even before anything at all was done to this printer, it was defective; anything that was subsequently done to the printer was done correctly and exactly as shown on OKI instructions. Even after attempts to solve the problems, I am left with a printer that either refuses to print a job entirely or prints it with black smudges
on 30 November 2013
This printer has been a bit of a nightmare.

It was pretty easy to put together and install, but it just doesn't work all that well.

Prints come out with black smudges on them, the display often claims the printer is out of toner and so refuses to print even when the printer has plenty of toner in it, and the duplex function occasionally stops working and has to be reinstalled.

The support available from OKI is also pretty minimal - I wish I had gone with a bigger-name brand like HP whose kit might be more reliable and who have more support materials available.

It wasn't the worst purchase I ever made - the thing works - but it has given me a lot of grief. I advise against.
on 7 May 2013
I spotted this LAN ready version of the printer and because it was heavily discounted it worked out only marginally more expensive that getting a new toner for my existing laser printer. Not sorry I opted for the OKi, it's quick and it produces good results, even on the economy print setting. A bit on the large side when compared to many other home laser printers but not a problem in my location.
on 21 October 2013
Complete waste of money -utter rubbish ---just spent over 3 hours trying to install the printer driver --over 1 hour with Oki technical support !---impossible . The muppets who write the software obviously can't design a foolproof installation process . I've dumped the printer and ordered a Samsung. Life is too short to have spend hours trying to get a printer installed !
on 4 September 2014
Excellent printer. I simply added a dongle to make it wireless. Original toner cartridge supplied with th sprinter lasted a long time, unlike all the other printers I have had.

I can recommend the dongle I used to make this network printer wireless: TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender. cost around £15.
on 9 November 2013
This is a great printer... feels really well built and gives superb quality print-outs. I couldn't be happier with it.
on 10 December 2014
Excellent value, cheaper than a new cartridge for my last one, that's why I bought it!

See one answered question