5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nicely Done, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Wisdom of Changes by Richard Wilhelm and The I Ching [DVD] (DVD)
If you have read Richard Wilhelm's famous I Ching translation and enjoyed it, as I have, then this DVD will tell you a bit more about Richard Wilhelm the man. Produced by his daughter who's born in China, she re-traced his steps (from Stuggart to China) and her birth place. The section about Qing Tao, where Richard Wilhelm worked and founded the school which still bears his name, is also of particular interests to me personally. All in all, a very enjoyable DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice video..., 28 Jan 2013
I live in Canada, this DVD was shipped from the UK, I received it within timeframes indicated by the vendor.

If you have interest in Yi Jing (I Ching) chances are you will like this documentary as well; it was done professionally and definitely it was worth the money I paid for it. Frankly I did not learn much from it (which would be of great significance) because I already knew basic facts about the life of Richard Wilhelm, however despite that I did enjoy watching the story which made me aware, once again, how powerful can be the influence of the culture - in the documentary Wilhelm's illness and his (early) death was attributed to the inter conflict between his own cultural heritage and what he acquired during the 20 years living in China. It seems to me when he was in China the relationship between those two influences were in a relationship described in the hexagram Tai/Peace (11) and after he returned back home what happened could be best described by the following hexagram: Pi/Stagnation (12) "Heaven and earth are out of communion and all things are benumbed.".

It may take a lifetime to understand Yi Jing however it might take even longer to understand our own life and to avoid big mistakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Inspiring, 15 Dec 2012
This DVD was made by the grandaughter of Richard Wilhelm - one of the first Westerners to translate the ancient text of the I-Ching.

A really well made film, which gives a huge amount of insight into the man and the world of Taoist wisdom he gave to the west.
Wisdom of Changes by Richard Wilhelm and The I Ching [DVD]