on 2 November 2014
You pay for the design not the quality. It is a vastly overpriced cheap plastic clock.
Mine arrived with the second hand rattling around inside the case, I decided it was less hassle to fix it back on rather than return the clock as faulty... Even taking the battery cover off shows it's a standard cheap quartz module the same as you see on budget clocks. Removing the back reveals a low cost plastic mechanism. All in all it's very much style over substance. Inside and out its all thin and cheap plastic.
I do like the mechanical calendar function as it reminds me of clocks I had as a youngster, so I paid for nostalgia and that's why it gets a higher than deserved rating of 2 stars, if I reviewed this product on value it would get a single star.
If you like the look and specifically want this design then you may be able to justify it to yourself. If you think you will be getting a quality product because of the price you will be very disappointed. I'm keeping mine but I'm too embarrassed to tell anyone how much I paid for it; they'll think I'm crackers!
on 22 July 2012
Far more expensive than other similar day/date clocks, but from reading their reviews it seems most don't manage to display the correct day and date consistently. The recipient is in a care home and that's precisely the problem with her old clock, so I'm hoping this new one does better. Arrived very quickly and was easy to set. It's extremely lightweight, so if it does fall or get pulled off the wall it won't hurt anyone. Functional and easy-to-read displays, although not the prettiest clock. Runs on just one AA battery - another bonus as some other clocks seem to require considerably more 'juice'. I hope at this price it keeps good time. I'll report back if not!
on 13 October 2012
Really pleased - the clock arrived promptly and well-packaged, as you would hope! Simple instructions on the back of the clock. Bought for my Mum, it is ideal for those with memory problems as it is self-setting for irregular days in the month & leap years, plus is easy to read even from a distance, as is its intention. Gives me peace of mind as I can't visit Mum that often & Mum is pleased with it. Bought last month, going well so far. Thanks to HS Walsh and Sons Ltd for their prompt response to my inquiry about how long the battery should last for this clock as I don't want it stopping and confusing her. They came back with one to one and a half years but as I can't visit Mum often & don't want her to worry or have difficulty in changing the battery, I'm changing it just before the change from BST to GMT & back - twice a year, which they suggested with regard to my circumstances, for peace of mind. Wouldn't hurt for this info to be on the back of the clock and in the product description. Very much the right purchase for my Mum - no regrets.
on 28 January 2013
Fast service, item arrived well packed. The clock iteself is ideal for dementia suffers and the clock face is large enough to be seen clearly by people with poor eyesight. Well worth the money.
on 14 June 2013
Difficult to rate this properly as it does exactly what i wanted it to do...help an elderly relative keep track of days. But other than that there is mo reason i can see why it should cost such an exorbitant amount. I feel this group of people are held over a barrel as noone seems to have realised the is a big market for such products and the few who make them can charge whatever they like at present. It is NOT radio controlled and still needs date changes, which I did not understand from the description, and the build does not warranty such a price. However, my relative can see it clearly, and it does keep her on track. So my question is....who will open the market and build this for £60 less!!!!
on 19 May 2015
Ordered Thursday night arrived Friday morning. No special post requested. Very well packaged. Brilliant service. Bought for 95 year old mother with dementia. Bought silver one. Large unit and quite thick in depth but light on weight. Very clear face and clear day and date. No noise or ticking can be heard. Easy to set up although some reviews said it was difficult we didn't find this. Battery was included. Definitely a good buy though agree that the price was very steep. It seems anything for dementia/Alzheimer/for the elderly is extremely expensive. Very pleased with purchase.
on 20 October 2014
I bought this item for my Dad who has early onset of Dementia, he was getting confused with time of day, date, month the lot, this is helping him & me as he hasn't rang me in the early hours of the morning since he got the clock, thinking it is afternoon.
I would say it is good quality, follow the instructions for setting it before you give it to your relation if it is for this purpose.
May seem a bit expensive but if you are having these difficulties with someone it is worth every penny & I would say it gives them back a bit of independence
on 16 December 2013
Nice large clock face and big letters make it easy to read. The days and date automatically change so it means the person using it doesn't need to rely on anyone else to change them. This has been really useful for my father, who was forgetting what day it was. I've only given it 4 stars because I don't think it needs to be as expensive as it is, especially given the market it's designed for. It could also do with having some way of standing up on a shelf as an alternative to hanging on the wall.
on 16 December 2013
Bough for elderly person with dementia.
Excellent product for people with the above condition.

Looks OK, however it is plastic.
Expensive
on 15 December 2012
Bought for Grandparents who love it to bits.

Easy to read and gives confidence what day of the week it is.

Which seems crazy to young people but you just wait until you are retiired and a bit older.