Size: 40ml|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 January 2012
I first used this on sore, painful cracked nipples when breastfeeding. I cannot tell you the magical relief! This stuff first soothes, then heals and protects and of course is totally safe for baby.
Then I tried it on nappy rash - well - by the very next day it was healed dramatically.
Now I use it on my very raw, cracked hands as I am a mountain sheep farmer, and out in freezing conditions, and always washing my hands in cold water. When I first put it on red, painfully cracked hands, it looks even redder and more angry, but by morning, they are healed! Also soft and no longer dry, just supple. It also is not greasy.

If you are in the slightest doubt about lanolin, look it up on Wikipedia, (as I did) and you will see that totally erroneous information was put out to the public in a badly flawed trial. I know, from sheep shearing, how wonderful lanolin is, and I am allergic to so many hand creams I've ever tried in the past.

The other night I couldn't find my Lansinoh cream and put on Decleor Iris serum instead (£54 for a minute bottle, given as a Christmas present). By next morning my hands were even more dry, more painful and cracked than the day before.

One tip, keep this stuff somewhere warm, like near a radiator ( I keep mine near the Rayburn)as it goes on far better when warm.

There is one thing I don't like about this product - the name. Whenever I try to recommend it to a friend, I can't remember the name as it is a very unfamiliar word.
Don't be put off by the price, a tiny amount goes a very long way and it will last you ages.
I will never bother with any other hand cream, as this does all, and more than I could ever wish for, and no nasty chemical additives like parabens and propylene glycol (which even premium brands like Liz Earle inexplicably contain.
on 8 May 2013
I too found this absolutely essential when i was breastfeeding 2 years ago but i also started using it on my lips instead of vaseline and have never looked back. It lasts so much longer and is so much more effective you only need to apply it a couple of times a day (as opposed to a couple of times an hour if you've got a lip salve addiction like me from years of use).
To the disgruntled reviewer who threw it in the bin because it wouldn't come out of the tube- you really did waste your money because that is the nature of the product. You have to warm it up and it will squeeze out just fine (warm it by holding it for a bit, or sit on it!) You'll notice a distinct difference in Winter, you'll always need to warm it first but never in the warmer months.
The seller is great- arrived really quickly at this retails at 9.99 so a great price!
on 26 October 2013
This cream was recommended by the midwife as the best cream to get when breast feeding because you do not need to wipe it off each time before feeding, unlike other creams.
on 28 July 2014
If you are new to breast feeding you NEED this product. Provided me with much needed relief & helped to heal cracks. I don't go anywhere without it now and use it after every feed, without fail. Don't bother trying alternatives, even my midwives have said this, this is the best there is & Amazon price of £6.66 is very good (approx £10 high street chemists / supermarkets).
on 12 May 2015
I love this product, its a miracle cream that I couldn't live without. I have suffered terribly with cracked and sore nipples with feeding my daughter and expressing and don't think I could of continued without it. The cream does last a while too. You only use a pea size amount and rub it on the affected area. I use it before and after pumping too as I find my breast rubs on the side of the breast funnel.
on 21 May 2013
great product, would reccomend this to anyone with sore or cracked nipples, only thing would suggest is that be careful not to get it on your clothes as it can stain.
on 9 September 2014
This is hands down the best nipple cream out there. Put it on religiously after every feed at the beginning and it'll help massively. After a while you won't need to put it on. Incidentally, it's also great as a lip balm (well, when you're confined to a sofa with a baby and you need lip balm, I recommend it!)
as no other reviewer has noted this, this product is absolutely brilliant for treating the side effects of taking Isotretinoin (also known as Accutane or Roaccutane). it is much more effective for cracked or bleeding lips than any lip balm and is also better than non-prescription moisturiser on eczema. also (although this is a bit disgusting), shoving it up your nose will prevent the pain of cracked nostrils and the nosebleeds that come with Isotretinoin.

all in all, a very versatile tube to have!
on 24 April 2016
Excellent cream if you are breast feeding, it's your friend when you need it! Helps you recover quick from sore nipple and it's so good you don't have to wash it off before feeding baby. A must if you are planning to breast feed baby. I took it with me to the hospital in my hospital bag.
I used it on sore lips too which worked wonders in healing them quick!
on 22 October 2013
I am breast feeding twins and this balm is a godsend! I used it a lot in the beginning when nipples were very sore