1.0 out of 5 stars play tested? I don't think so., 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) (Video Game)
I have tried every fitness title available on the ps3, and have to say that this is the worst of the lot.
Firstly the good points. The premise behind the 'game'. I run, cycle and swim on a regular basis. I always used cardiotrainer on my android to track my distances.After hearing about micoach, I downloaded the app and pre-ordered the game. These were going to work in sync with each other to track my exercise programs. pity it's never been implemented properly.
Now The bad points.
It doesn't work.
The game boasts motion detection. It starts the exercise at the slightest movement, so there's no preparation time. It started when my 15 year old west-highland staggered across the room. Best of it was, he got a medal for glute reps!
The training games are awful. I constantly had to re-calibrate. the tennis is the best of a bad lot. with the football (dull) hardly working and the basketball unplayable, mainly due to really bad control issues.
You also need gym equipment. weights and a gym ball are needed for the plan I was going to attempt. I don't have them in my living room. Thats why I go to the gym.
The amount of room needed seems to be more than the other games in this genre. I had to stand at least eight foot away from the camera.
Times between exercises are non existent. Add this to the 'motion detection' problem and you'll find yourself rushing from a push up to a forward lunge in the space of five seconds. That can't be good for you.
Even the comedy value in the sports 'personalities' inane scripted drivel doesn't help to lift this awful game from the one star i've given it.
If i could, it would be half a star.

There is no way on earth that this had been play tested before release, by gamers or fitness experts. This title is more likely to put somebody in hospital.
I traded it in sharpish and I didnt even get to see Jessica Ennis!
My recommendations would be in this order :

EA sports active

DIY brain surgery

Adidas Micoach.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed gamer, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) (Video Game)
First things first, Amazon was, as usual, really efficient in shipping the game quickly and giving my money back once I sent the game back. Excellent service!

I had great hopes for this game as I was looking at something new to replace EA Sports Active2 but after only a few minutes on the game, I realized it will never be as good as Sports Active2.

The detection with the camera on micoach is terrible. Mouvements are not detected when it should so you are doing reps 35 times instead of 8 because it's not registering and so in each exercise you need to quit because you can't finish it. Very frustrating.
I changed the settings, position of the camera, etc but nothing improved the detection.

Very poor game even with these great athletes providing helpful tips.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK....., 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) (Video Game)
Game has a good idea but is rather confusing, I found this game hard to set up, boring and couldn't get the camera set up right for the movements, overall I wouldn't bother.......:-(

1.0 out of 5 stars Must be one of the worst PS3 releases ever, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) (Video Game)
I've not played a massive amount of PS3 titles but I can still confidently predict that this must be one of the worst PS3 releases out there.

My Playstation Move works beautifully with all other Move titles but miCoach initially failed to acknowledge that I had the PS Eye plugged in, then continually told me to recalibrate the Motion Controller- even after I did recalibrate, the motion tracking was still dreadful. Micoach also requested that I 'turn on more lights' as the room was too dark- I can't emphasise enough that this hasn't happened to me with any other Move releases and that I have a really bright location for my PS Eye. Interestingly enough, most other info I've read about PS Move suggests that low light conditions are better for performance anyway.

I can only assume that miCoach was a rushed release as it just doesn't seem to work at all well with PS Move.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) (Video Game)
Clunky controls poor games ... Rubbish motion tracking. I can't think of a worse game that I have ever played. You could use the disc as a frisbee & I suppose then you could use it for fitness.
Ignore this game and buy move fitness or ea sports fitness instead

Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3)
Adidas miCoach - Move Required (PS3) by 505 Games (PlayStation 3)
7.76