4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting concept, and well written
Published on 14 May 2012 by Belle

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember it's fiction
The Messiah Matrix; apart from the fact that it has already been done in books like The DaVinci Code, the concept is interesting. The book reads easily, but even for an amateur scientist like myself the scientific parts which were supposed to "prove" the truth of the origins of Christianity, were just too poorly handled to be plausible!
No questions are really...
Published on 24 May 2012 by Cookie

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting concept, and well written, 14 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. No doubt there will be many comparisons to the "Da Vinci Code" and it does follow along the same sort of premise - i.e. couple discover hidden truths and endeavour to tell the world whilst on the run. However, I found this story much more believable and easier to buy in to than Dan Brown's novel. This author has clearly researched the topic in to great depths and comes across as being quite the expert on ancient symbols and mythology etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing and there were lots of points that got me questioning what I thought I already knew about Christianity. I also found myself wanting to know more about the author's background research and the basis for him writing this book.

All in all, I would recommend this read to anyone who likes a good traditional adventure/conspiracy story. I found it was well written and in parts just couldn't put it down for wanting to know what happens next! there was a lot of information about ancient gods, myths and traditions and I felt I actually learnt at lot as well. I found the main characters very easy to like and their personal "demons" that come up about religion, morality and spirituality were easily related to. I would like to see them both in another adventure!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fast gallop through ancient history, 29 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
I finished reading Ken Atchity's novel "The Messiah Matrix" and enjoyed it very much. I am sure that when the word gets around, that the sales will go through the roof. It will be interesting to see if it receives the same attention that Brown received with the Di Vinci Code. The amount of research into the history of the Messiah and its evolution in the book is amazing.

It appears that this subject has been created and formulated in Ken Atchity's mind over a long period of his live; even before his Yale Doctoral Thesis, which undoubtedly involved ancient history.. When I completed the book, his logic fell into place with the evolution of the Roman Empire and its emperor power base, plus the impact of the conflict between popes and emperors. .
Religion is based upon evolution, taking a little from every generation. I found it logical that many of the thoughts and lore found in the New Testament evolved from the days of early Egypt and the Pharaoh's. Personally it was a very educational novel and it will undoubtedly evolve into a research project for many people.

The novel was intriguing even though the author had a lot of background to project to the reader. It did not interfere with the plot, but borrowed the reader's attention so that they are not swamped with background Information.

Character development was interesting and diverse. My best to Ryan and Emily - diverse characters, with a sense of humor tossed into a rapidly developing situation, who moved at a great pace to keep the reader's attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 3 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
That I read this novel in only three days tells its own story, I couldn't put it down! There's action right
from the first page and it rarely relents throughout the entire adventure. The historical, religious and,
at times, controversial content, is presented in plain English so I learned a lot about the origins of
Christianity and didn't need any prior knowledge of the subject to enjoy the book, as I most thoroughly
did. Whilst I certainly found those parts of the story fascinating, The Messiah Matrix is first and foremost
a jolly good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch Historical Thriller!, 27 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
An ancient coin serves to create a snowball effect tying together ancient Rome to the creation of modern Christianity. When a curious Jesuit priest and a beautiful archeologist discover the coin has a link to the origin of Christ, they find themselves marked for death and the Vatican is shaken to its very core.

This is a wonderfully crafted book, very rich in history and is a provocative, fast-paced read. The analogy to Dan Brown is an apt one (the characters and history in Atchity's book are richer) but with a bit of Clive Cussler thrown in: an ancient treasure and mystery shakes the word centuries later. It's a combination that few other than Dr. Atchity could pull off: an accomplished historian and academician who has built an international reputation developing writers and writing. Well done, Dr. Atchity, and I look forward to your next work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 28 May 2012
Susannah Cord - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
Here is how I spent Mother's Day - I left all the kids (OK, so they are all four legged, but they still count, right??) to fend for themselves, had coffee in bed and cracked open The Messiah Matrix on my Kindle. Then I did not get out of bed untill 4:30 PM when I had finished it. I have always enjoyed the whole mystery surrounding Jesus and the many different theories in that regard, so have read alot about that, but this was a new idea and I found it fascinating. This was a page turner and an excellent excuse to spend a day in bed :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Messiah Matrix deserves to be showered with awards, 6 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
The Messiah Matrix deserves to be showered with awards and I truly hope it is. I can't recall reading a novel that has ever given me greater pleasure. This book has everything I love in a novel: A great story, romance, believable characters, wonderful settings, unpredictability and a satisfying and happy ending. I also love a book that makes me think and this one is the Daddy of them all! The author must have researched the historical aspects for years to be able to present the back-story of Christianity in such fabulous and illuminating detail. I can't stop thinking about it. For me there has always been something that didn't stack up about the Biblical account of Jesus. Now I know why. The book blurb calls it a `literary masterpiece,' I don't think that is an exaggeration; the story is multilayered and the writing style masterful. This book must be read by the whole world and I will certainly spread the word.

2.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable tosh, 8 Aug. 2012
M. H. Matlay (kenilworth england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
This is not the worst book in the world but is a long way from being the best. An interesting proposition but I was not persuaded in any way that it could be factual. The book started very well. I liked the female lead. Much more could have been made of the doubts even the most faithful have. The Jesuits are portrayed badly as is the whole Catholic Church. The reasons given here for the formation of the Jesuits would have Loyola spinning in his grave (check out your the reformation and counter-reformation in 16th century Europe for the truth here) There were some exciting chase sequences and I liked how knowledge of the Aeneid helped them navigate out of caves. BUT the book falls apart at the end. I was not convinced that the Jesuit bishop would change sides just like that and as another reviewer says ending the book with a 13 year old giving a modern day sermon on the mount is enough to make you want to be sick. So read if you have nothing better to do but once again the Da Vinci code this isn't. As an aside, writing as a good protestant, I am always surprised that these authors forget that the Christian faith is not only the perogative of the Catholic church.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
Quite a complex tale that is quite believable in a peculiar sort of way. The book is set in two different time periods and they are linked together well. Worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars religion and doubts, 8 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
A well thought out and thought provoking plot, with enough twists to keep it interesting to the last page,with beleviable characters that did not rely on sex and violence to keep it interesting,will certainly look for this author in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember it's fiction, 24 May 2012
This review is from: The Messiah Matrix (Kindle Edition)
No questions are really answered, you are drawn into yet more conspiracy theories about the Catholic Church and the Jesuits - but with no satisfactory answers. If you are looking for a work of believable scientific evidence - this is not it. if you are looking for an enjoyable, easy work of fiction, with enough repetition in the twists and turns to eventually make you wish for it to stop - this is a good read.

The Messiah Matrix