5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs!!!!!
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Very good book would recommend but would of liked to have a better ending with perhaps what happened later on in their life
Published 7 months ago by jodie

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 31 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs!!!!!, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Kindle Edition)
Totally love this book! A very good read for older teenagers! Not your usual teen book, it has a deeper meaning and a good moral! With fit boys, mean girls, and a heroine that falls for two guys, it's got all the makings for an amazing teen book! Good to read when you need cheering up, want a laugh, having boy problems, or even if u just want a new book, this is perfect and easy to get addicted to I didn't want to put it down!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars READ IT!, 9 Jan 2013
Hannah (England uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Kindle Edition)
If your in to romcomes this is an amazing book that you'll love .it's a carry on from catching Jordan and an a amazing book I read it in like a day I couldn't put it down ¡ !

4.0 out of 5 stars Home run, 3 Oct 2012
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Kindle Edition)
Set in the same school as Miranda's last book Catching Jordan (also fab). Parker is nearly 18, coming to the end of her high school years, school valedictorian, coping with family crisises and with being ostracised by her former best friends as a result of her parents' divorce and mother's new relationship with another woman. As a result of the latter her mother has moved away, her elder brother is becoming an alcoholic and her father is checking out of parental duties, excepting his desire for Parker to continue attendance at their local church. But it's the local church that appear to have stigmatised Parker and her family for what are seen as her mothers transgressions.

As a result Parker has retreated. She has abandoned softball, her sporting love, because it reminds her of her mother who used to play the sport in college and because her former teammates comprise in part her former friends. She isn't willing to commit to a boyfriend and instead is getting a reputation for playing the field although she limits those games to second base!

Like Jordan in the first book her closest friends are male. Again like Jordan she is a focused independent loyal and likeable girl, but with a number of inner and outer demons to battle.

At the start of the book Parker develops a crush on the new baseball coach who is 23 and hot. Is her crush requited? What about baseball player Will aka Corndog, (or Corn Fritter as Parker's dad keeps calling him) who seems interested in Parker and who Parker gradually comes to like and respect? There is her friendship with Drew who is going through his own issues and the backdrop of family issues, sporting issues and who to take to prom.

This was a very good read. Unlike some YA romance, there is lots of backstory, characters who aren't paper thin, relationships that have a basis that isn't just lust at first sight and a main protagonist who makes mistakes, has self doubt, but in the end is believable, strong, decent and who you really root for.

Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay YA Contemporary, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Paperback)
(Source: I own a copy of this book.)
17-year-old Parker is all set to be valedictorian, but since her mother announced that she was a lesbian and divorced her husband to go and live with another woman, everyone gossips about her behind her back, and the other kids at school spread rumours that Parker is a lesbian too, just like her mother.

Trying to prove that she's not a lesbian, Parker drops 25 pounds, and starts hooking up with random boys, without pursuing a relationship with any of them. She's not going to have it said that she is a lesbian.

Since Parker dropped softball (it was her mother's favourite sport), she's now stuck coaching the baseball team, the good thing? All those guys! Parker sets her eyes on one in particular though, one who's clelarly off limits - the new coach, Brian.
Parker and Brian start something, even though it risks Brian's whole career.
Can Parker and Brian really be together though? Is making out in a truck enough for Parker? And will she ever speak to her mother again?

This was on okay contemporary YA, but there wasn't really much romance in it.

Parker was understandably upset over her mother leaving them for her lesbian lover, but I think more than anything she was upset over the way the town reacted to what her mother did. Not only did the kids at school turn on her and bully her, but also the people at her church who she thought she could rely on.
I was really disappointed in people's reaction to Parker. She had done nothing, she wasn't even supporting her mother in her decision, yet somehow Parker ended up being bullied and alone, and even felt that God didn't love her any more.

There was some romance in this one, but not much. Parker pursued this relationship with the coach, even though she knew she shouldn't, but I personally didn't like the way her behaved towards her. He seemed to very quickly be pressuring her to have sex with him, and even told her that most of his friends did `it' on a second or third date. He didn't seem to take into consideration that she was a virgin, and only 17, and that she maybe wasn't ready to do that with him or anybody. He seemed to care very little for her thoughts or wishes, and he behaved rather selfishly. Instead of explaining things to her in a sensitive manner, he just went off on one, and then pressurised her to have sex again. Brian - I don't like you. And how many books have a love interest called `Brian' anyway. Not a sexy name.

I have to say that I was quite surprised about the religion part of the storyline. I didn't expect there to be the storyline where Parker is worried about God not loving her, and is upset because people at church look at her funny and judge her because of her mother's actions. I didn't mind this part of the storyline, but I know it might out other people off.
I also wasn't expecting there to be quite so much about baseball either. I'm not a big sports fan, and I have to say that I found some parts of the storyline with regard to baseball a bit boring.
I was happy that the book had a kind-of happy ending, but I would have liked there to have been more romance.
Overall; an okay YA contemporary/ coming-of-age story.
6.5 out of 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and Sweet, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Paperback)
I didn't realise this was book 2 in a series, I never usually read series out of order, but to be fair with this book it read as a stand-alone. It's just set in the same school as the first book.
I've heard a lot of good things about this author and wanted to give her a try, I basically ended up with this one because it was the only one by her that we had on our library system (something which I am trying to change now, I'm asking them to buy her other books for sure!)
Anyway, at approximately only 250 pages this looked like a quick read, and a fairly easy one too, perfect for a lazy Sunday morning so I got stuck in.
When living in a small town everyone seems to know your business, so when Parker's mum is involved in a scandal, everyone is buzzing about it. And Parker ends up taking a lot of the flack, people she thought were her friends turn their back on her, she quickly decides she doesn't want to be their target and so decides to change her life completely. Quitting the sport she loves, losing wait and becoming someone new. But sometimes change isn't for the better.
Parker comes across at first as quite self involved, worried about what others think, trying to make people see her a certain way, but when you start to find out more about her story you can see why she is like that and you can actually see she has an inner strength to her that has to be admired. Her family has fallen apart and she's lost her friends but she doesn't give up. OK, so maybe trying to completely reinvent yourself isn't the best idea but I can see why she did it.
Drew is the only friend who stood by Parker and a real sweetheart, 'Corndog' aka Will seems to come across as a bit of a jerk but he has a spark to him and I like how he grows throughout the book.
This book does contain scandal, and mentions of sex, quite a bit actually so definitely not suitable for younger readers. Some things are described in more detail than you would normally see in YA fiction, so be warned.
It's good to see Parker come to terms with her past and look forward to the future, she really develops throughout the story and becomes a better person because of it. She sure makes mistakes on the way and sometimes hurts those around her, but we all do that and she learns from it in the end.
I will go back and read Catching Jordan (book 1) as I am intrigued how they link, but I don't think you need to read it to enjoy this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stealing Parker had me laughing one minute and crying the next, 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Paperback)
Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally sees another sporty heroine trying to hold her own in a jock dominated high school environment. Like it's predecessor Catching Jordon, Stealing Parker is a completly addictive Young Adult book that had me laughing one minute and crying the next.

Parker's life is turned up side down when her mum leaves her dad for another woman. Their church (who annoyed me no idea they were so freaking judgemental) freeze them out and kids at school are whispering behind Parker's back. When arch enemy Laura starts a rumour that Parker likes girls just like her mum Parker takes drastic action, she drops 20 pounds and gives up her first love softball and starts kissing a lot of boys. When young new coach Brian takes over the baseball team Parker finds herself falling for him, he's smart, funny, super cute and interested but at five years older and a teacher any kind of relationship is forbidden.

It took me a while to warm up to Stealing Parker and it's characters, I wasn't too sure where the story was going at times but by the end of it I was in tears and just wanted to give Parker a major hug. I got mad at Parker's dad a lot and at her church who were so narrow minded and judgemental I wanted to scream with frustration on Parker's behalf. I went from thinking coach Brian was kind of sweet and supportive of Parker to being quite mad at him for not acting like the adult he was supposed to be. I think it's a testament to Miranda Kenneally's writing that I felt so strongly about the characters and world she created around Parker. I'm not usually too much of a fan of religious stuff in fiction but it was handled so well in Stealing Parker and really added to the story.

A special mention is absolutely required for Will (Corndog). As I started to go off coach Brian, Will's thoughtfulness and constant support made me realise just like Parker did, that the perfect guy has been under her nose all this time.

Although my heart did ache for Parker there were times where I thought she just seemed to put up with a little bit too much. I think the average teenager would have ranted and raved at least once at the behaviour of those around her. It took Parker to get to her absolute lowest point before she was able to reach out for her mum and I have to say that by that point I was in floods of tears too!

I enjoyed Stealing Parker and will definitely check out the next book in the series Things I can't Forget in March 2013.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 23 Oct 2012
This review is from: Stealing Parker (Paperback)
This has been one of my most anticipated reads of the year. I knew I'd love it. I knew I'd want to crawl inside it and live there. I wasn't disappointed. Stealing Parker was so fun!! I was constantly laughing out loud. The preface of the story is baseball. I love baseball. Parker has stopped playing softball and is now the manager of the boys baseball team at her high school. She's already friends with all the guys and there is a new coach in town. Oo la la!

We've got 3 guys to love in this book. Drew who is Parker's best friend and fellow baseball player. He's everything you'd want in a guy best friend; loyal, fun and knows his Harry Potter trivia. Corndog {Will} who is on the baseball team and ride his lawn mower to school. Last but not least Brian; he's the new baseball coach, 23 yrs old, and is hot as all get out. I really liked Brian. I did. I just felt he was a bit confused and didn't have any self control. I really liked a lot until he started taking advantage of Parker.

I really don't want to ruin any of it for you. Not one bit so I'm just going to gush over this book some more. I read it in one sitting! Stayed up all night because I couldn't possibly turn off the light. I didn't want the book to ever end. The ending gave my heart flutters that I read it several times before I let myself actually close the book. I want to re-read it immediately! There are a lot of strong issues to deal with in this book and I think author Miranda Kenneally is sensitive to each and every one. If you're looking for a great young adult contemporary then this is it! Don't waste any more time...read it!

ARRAY(0xa548b9cc)