4.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone
Published 22 months ago by Patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars mel c
bought for my wife she thinks its ok i think its crap to me she was nver a great singer
and she appears to be riding on her spice girl fame
Published 17 months ago by andy g

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone, 16 Sep 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
Really beautiful album. Like most others I have heard the majority of these songs covered by other artists, but I have to say this really is the freshest I've heard them. There are a few standouts; the duet with Emma Bunton, I Know Him So Well, is surperbly done, and the harmonies are amazing. Maybe This Time is also a great listen, I wasn't sure if Melanic would be able to handle the rousing and powerful finish, but I should have known better!!

Also been introduced to some songs - Another Hundred People is one of my new favourites, multiple listens later and still go back to it - and also have been retroduced to some classics - Ain't Got No/I Got Life has a new sheen and fun, like its a new song.

Give it a try, you'll not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a change, 22 Jan 2013
Ms. S. Davies (Gwent, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
I was really surprised by this CD as it was not what I expected Mel C to record but after saying that I really enjoy listening to this CD as I enjoy going to the theatre. The best voice from the spice girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Covers, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Stages (MP3 Download)
Nice music by a nice singer would defo recommend to anyone wanting to listen to decent music rather than wailing

5.0 out of 5 stars FRONT STAGE, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
I have a few Mel C albums and they never disappoint. This one was a real surprise and is a worthwhile addition to any collection. Received this at Christmas and is one of the best albums added to my collection in 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2012
Mr. Stephen Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
Arrived only this morning, am playing at the moment, I don't know who chose the songs for Melanie, but what a good choice. She sings them excellently, I have not purchased a Melanie CD before, what an oversight. I have also purchased "The Sea", also excellent. I was brought up in the time of the Beatles and the Stones so am now ancient just moved in to the 60's, but not too old to appreciate this CD. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stages... it's something wonderful!, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
I must admit to being slightly biased, but to counter that I have heard most of the songs on this album performed by a lot of artists, live as well as on LP or CD...

But this album, it exceeded my expectations, and those were high to begin with. It sounds great on any device but I would definitely recommend using a pair of high quality speakers/headphones. Simply wonderful!

The songs are recorded in a very recognizable, but refreshing way, even to someone who has heard them time and time again. I have already purchased three copies because I want to share this beauty with friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melodic!, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
this was bought by request for my daughter, who likes Mel C. Not generally a fan, I actually really enjoy listening to this CD. The music is sung with feeling and emotion. Recommended if you like Mel C OR like Musicals!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stages, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
Great singer and a wide range of music this was agreat gift for my wife who is a great fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice album, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
If you're into theatre music, it has great songs. The album was kinda of slow to me, it's not an album to put and rock to thr songs, but more of an album to use as background music for some event or maybe a family reunion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Melanie showing a different side!, 13 Nov 2012
This review is from: Stages (Audio CD)
I have been a massive fan of Melanie C since she back flip into the public eye. I have bought, listen and loved all of Mel's albums, and was a bit weary of the new direction her career has taken. Lucky I have a broad taste in music so decided to give it a go.

I was aware that Mel has won critical acclaim during her role in "Blood Brothers", and its not hard to imagine why. Her voice transfers easily into singing show tunes. The album brings terrific version of some of the best musical numbers ( and some of numbers that should of been left out) that have been brilliantly produced. Some of the songs are less well known and there is a reason why: slow, boring and forgettable.

I can understand why some fans might find it difficult to come to terms with Melanie doing this sort of music instead of the high energy pop rock she is well know for. Even though I like the album, I'm hoping for another album with her more familar genre.

However, the album does have some songs that need a special mention in this review.

Maybe This Time (Cabaret)
I love the musical "Cabaret" and this is my favorite song. Melanie does not disappoint and beside Liza this is the best version I have ever heard.

Tell Me It's Not True (Blood Brothers)
Melanie reliving the success she had during the run of her first musical run. After hearing this song, makes me first I had seen her on stage.

I Know Him So Well featuring Emma Bunton (Chess)
This song is my favorite not only as it's well known, not only is the production and vocals brilliant. The best aspect is the mini Spice Girl reunion, which would make any 90s child smile.

So if you like musicals this is a brilliant album which you will play constantly. If you are a long term fan who is no a musical lover, I would stay clear and pray for another pop rock album.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Stages
Stages by Melanie C (Audio CD - 2012)