Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 June 2008
This is one of my favorite albums of all times and I'm looking forward to getting the remastered disc. But can anyone tell me if this 2006 version is the same as the 2001 version (e.g. does it have the extra tracks, Howard Hughes, Grasshopper, etc.)? The extras aren't given in the track listing on this page.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2012
I used to listen this album in the 90's on a tape cassette. The CD is great, the songs don't seem to have aged, and leave you in a hypnotic state. However I think they should have left it as a ten track, as the final songs let it down, however that's what the skip button is for.
on 9 March 2007
Well, at least that's my opinion. If you'll indulge me for a few moments I shall try to explain why. As previous reviews explain, Ride are criminally underated. They either tend to get completely ignored or are lumped in with other early 90's bands such as Primal Scream, The Charlatans, Blur, The La's etc. Whilst all these are no doubt fine bands, they didn't have that extra something that made Ride special (until Tarantula that is). To me, this album encapsulates the early trippy feel of Nowhere (Time Machine, Twisterella) but also gives a glimpse of the more 60's feel found on Carnival of Light (Making Judy Smile, Chrome Waves). That said, it has a sound all of it's own and only one that Ride could've produced.

It opens with the magnificent 8 minute Leave Them All Behind before Twisterella immediately kicks - surely one of the best examples of early 90's indie pop. Not Fazed, Chrome Waves and Mouse Trap, whilst still better than anything their peers could muster, only serve to whet the appetite for the awesome double header of Time of her Time (she thought that I would care, thought that I'd be there - think again..) and my personal favourite Ride track of all time (and therefore one of my favourite tracks ever) Cool Your Boots. Laurence Colbert's drumming has never sounded better, Andy Bell's absurdly catchy hook dominates proceedings and Mark Gardner's vocals just seems to drift beautifully over the entire 6 minutes. If you love Withnail and I then well, that's just an added bonus.

If that wasn't enough I have yet to find a better 2 songs with which to close an album than Time Machine and OX4. All in all, simply magnificent. Buy it now - or forever remain in the dark.
on 2 August 2013
This is one of Creation's best LPs published in all shorts of ways. A magnificent travel through sound and vision. One of the best LPs of the 90s as well.
on 20 February 2013
Excellent sounds, Takes you back in time! A band that was well underestimated for their time. ox4 track ten explains it all.
on 22 November 2014
I can't wait for Ride to tour again.Great c.d. well worth checking out
on 3 November 2015
Son loved it :-).
on 24 February 2015
Classic album
on 20 July 2005
Ride is an incredibly good band which was very underrated.I won't make a track by track review here as it's a good album overall but this album contains one of my all time favourite songs , which is Time Machine.This track is absolutely magnificent and it seems that no one noticed it, well I know people who know this album of course but this is the key track 'Leave them all behind' that seems to gather everyone.Time Machine is far,far,far better.The intro always blows me away, and I'm sure you will agree if you hear the song.
This album is good but song 9 is unforgettable.Time Machine is worth the cost, this is the less I can say.
'Open up your eyes and watch me disappear' (Time Machine)
on 13 July 2015