Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.32

on 6 June 2012
Originally bought the Kindle version, but prefer to hold a book in my hand,that probably makes me old fashioned. If you want to bring back memories of your stay in hospital or just as a visitor read Chip's book and also give yourself a smile or even laugh out loud. Money well spent. Well done Chip.
on 29 June 2012
This book is a really good short read. If you need something light or to dip in to when you don't want anything heavy.
The images it conjures of life in hospital are very accurate and so funny. In fact buy this for someone who is in hospital it will both cheer them up and give them an idea of what to expect.
on 20 June 2012
after becoming quite bored of reading, i was lucky enough to be given a copy of a fly on the ward, by the author, it has restored my faith in books again. absolutly hillarious, well writen and very easy to imagine. if ever in hospital again, i will certainly look at it in a differant light. well done chip.
on 24 August 2012
A book one got into from the start. Amusing and sometimes hilarious as the antics of fellow patients and the happenings on the ward are retold. Lighthearted and frviously with a some black humour but then that's the nature of the beast - the goings on in hospital. Enjoyed very much.
on 5 May 2012
This Kindle book made me laugh out loud even as I read just the first chapter. It details so well hospital life - and if you have ever been a patient you can relate very well to what the author is writing about. I enjoyed his dry sense of wit and acute perception of the human race out of their comfort zones. A recommended read!A Fly on the Ward
on 10 June 2012
This was a great book! Being someone who has a close relative who frequently finds himself incarcerated in a medical institution it was very insightful to discover what really goes on behind closed doors and curtain rails. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone - patient, visitor or otherwise.
on 1 October 2012
Have read this book and it's a good read, funny. I think as a fellow inmate of the NHS the stories were funny and informative. It was great to dip into, reading a chapter here and there, the stories are just so true, anything can and does happen whilst a patient.
on 11 March 2013
I purchased this book as it sounded as if it might have a few comical bits in it but from the first few pages I just couldn't get into it at all. I left it for a few weeks and went back to it but I couldn't get any pleasure out of this read. In the end I just deleted it. Sorry but I'd not recommend this book.
44 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2013
This gives a good insight to the actual workings of a Ward Community where yopu mix with total stangers who are all different and who you are unlikely to meet up with again.

It is also am opportunity to patients to make comments to the management as to the way the staff perform to patients who have a need and can be ignored bu ward staff who don't recognise that they too may be admitted and are let down.
on 4 October 2012
When I saw the title of this book I admit that at first I thought "here we go, another book of criticisms of the NHS". Oh boy, was I wrong - some of these stories had me giggling all day! The Vanishing Slippers, The Vanishing Patient, even The Apparition - all my names for certain stories - will soon become some of your favourites, especially if you are going into (or already in) hospital. I have now got to find out if he has written any more like this. Enjoy - I know I did