5.0 out of 5 stars Simple cheap useful
I changed to a ball head tripod, this neat spirit level fits my Pentax hot shoe, and makes levelling the head easy. Delivery was very quick.
Published 17 months ago by Andrew Egan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - limited use
Published 20 months ago by justin minns

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product - limited use, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: GUMP 2 In 1 Hot Shoe Hotshoe Cover With Bubble Spirit Level for Canon 600D,550D,500D,60D,50D,7D, Nikon D90,D7000,D3100,D3000, Olympus Pentax Fuji Panasonic Cameras & DSLR/SLR. (Electronics)
I bought this because I prefer the streamlined appearance to the bulky square ones and because I could leave it in place on the camera. As soon as it arrived I realised I hadn't thought it through properly. The problem is that as it's a round single bubble level, in practice it is only of any use if you want to level the camera in both axis in landscape orientation... not often something I need to do.

There's nothing wrong with the product itself, it works as it should and arrived promptly but just be aware of it's limitations compared to the 2 or 3 bubble types.

2.0 out of 5 stars One use only, 25 Mar 2013
I have only had this a few days and have nearly lost it lots of times already as it seems to fall out of the hot shoe with the slightest touch.Maybe it would be better with a solid plastic groove to fit to the camera.The only use for me is to protect the hot shoe in wet weather when no flash is attached.
It is only a few weeks since I wrote this review and today I have lost this gizmo as it has fallen off my camera somewhere in the park where i was photographing my daughter....useless,cheap and nasty it of crap.
and now only a few weeks after...it has fallen out and is lost!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose product and poor customer service., 27 Sep 2013
The purchased Hot Shoe Cover with Bubble Spirit Level only pushed half way onto the hot shoe then jammed and was obviously not an accurate fit for the Canon 7D that it was advertised for. When I asked for permission to return I was told to pay the return postage and there was no mention of a refund that would include the initial postage charge. To summarize, a crap product from a supplier who offers crap customer service. Do not buy from this supplier!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all Costs!!, 17 Aug 2013
The item itself is very poor quality, not fit for purpose and did NOT fit the camera hotshoe, in fact it resembled something out of a cheap Xmas cracker. Having returned it for a refund, the only direct communication received from the seller in very poor English was to claim additional postage. (I had underpaid by 9 pence + the PO charged £1 handling)
My advice - DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM OR ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER FROM THIS SELLER!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple cheap useful, 19 April 2013
Andrew Egan (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Kit!, 29 Nov 2012
It's a cliché but GUMP's hotshoe covers really have become 'an essential part' of my kit. As a seascape photographer who's out in all weathers, I know that salt water doesn't go too well with a camera's electronics. It always amazed me that while my lenses and body have 'weather protection', the hotshoe is left high and, very often, not dry! Well these little suckers sort this out. They also provide an invaluable 'leveller' when I'm using 'stopper' filters, or hanging off a cliff, or shifting a tripod around on rocks and need an immediate levelling reference. Yes, they do get knocked off sometimes when clambering around, or lost in a pocket when shooting with flash, but to be honest for what they cost compared to what they offer me it's a no-brainer, I just keep a few spares on hand. Oh yeah, finally, it's sad but true... I'm also a camera 'tart' and they finish off the look of my EOS 1DS and 5DS a treat!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin... price a bargain, 26 Nov 2012
C. Bruiners (London) - See all my reviews
Really impressed by this product. It was cheap (considering what we pay these days for anything) and does exactly what I need.

I'm recording my sons football on a Manfrotto mono-pod (the one with the 3 mini-legs) and I noticed after the first game that I was tilting the camera and it was giving less than desirable shots (video), this shoe spirit level is ideal for resolving this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly simple, 15 Jun 2014
Definitely worth the couple of quid this cost. Its primary function of the cover the hot shoe and protect the contacts, secondly to act as a spirit level. This looks smart and not out of place on top of my 600D. I have a tri-pod without a spirit level, not something I worried about but now I am really glad I have this, very useful for composition!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 20 May 2014
Adds a little protection and looks kind of cool.
I got one for my 700D and 5D Mk iii.
Note that on the 700D it stops the flash popping up because it thinks there is a flash.

3.0 out of 5 stars useful, 28 Mar 2014
This is tiny but accurate, handy when using a tripod for landscapes. Small and unobtrusive and only has to be removed when I need to put a flash on.