4.0 out of 5 stars Never drop your iPad again!
I bought this case as it enables me to hold the iPad securely while standing using only one hand meaning I can use the other hand to operate the iPad (having nearly dropped my iPad a couple of times this seemed like a sensible idea).

Positives:
Makes the iPad usable while standing
Real leather handle (which smells amazing) and is adjustable...
Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Mr. M. E. Leach

3.0 out of 5 stars We'll made but not ergonomic
This product is well made and fits perfectly. I hoped it might let me use my IPad for stock taking. Unfortunately I have found that holding your wrist at this angle is uncomfortable and tiring. The folding Apple cover keeps your wrist at a more natural angle but the pad is quite heavy after a time. I still can't beat using a simple notepad and pen.
Published 16 months ago by F. Newington

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for site visits, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: New Trent Grabbit/Gladius iPad Case compatible: iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2. 360 rotatable, leather hand strap, stand/movie wall clip and Matte Finish.
As a property manager and real estate agent, I'm often walking sites with clients and my iPad. The Gladius case is the only case I found that allows me to center my hand on the device creating a natural balance and opposing pressure during use. Most cases require holding the iPad on the side which creates imbalance anytime you tap on the screen, increasing the likelihood of losing control and dropping the device. This case allows for perfectly opposed pressure making it easy to tap and type one handed.

The rotating strap is extremely convenient for turning the iPad to any natural arm angle you want or just carrying the device at your side, again, one handed. I kept thinking the iPad would pop out but it never does, the fit is just right on my iPad 3. I don't take the case off much so I don't know if it would be looser over time. Note: This is not a protective case. While it does wrap the corners (which provides some protection) the trade off here is that the device reduces the likelihood of a drop as opposed to reducing the impact of a drop. I have chosen to get a felt bag thing to put this in when I go out and about and not using it.

This device comes with a stand that fits into the back. The stand is terrible. The angle puts the iPad too sharp or too shallow (standing or laying down). Plus installation and removal is difficult. Oh, there is also a screen cover that pops on and off. It works well but isn't practical for everyday use. I just put it on when expecting a high impact situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Device, Simply Convenient, 26 Nov. 2013
I just received my New Trent Gladius Case. I don't tend to walk around carrying my iPad 2 in one hand while typing or playing a game with the other. But I do sit in my La-Z-Boy and surf the web, check and send e-mails, maybe even smash a few pigs. And this case makes these "tasks" much safer and more enjoyable. Same goes for sitting in the departure lounge waiting to board a flight. In the past, I have typically used a keyboard/case, and balancing it on my knees at the airport is more than a bit scary. I can see myself using this case more and more when I travel.

Having read a number of reviews on Amazon of the IMP37B, I can only assume the NT37B is an update. Several reviews expressed concern over the case scratching your iPad, but my case has a soft foam pad that is raised from the plastic surface inside the case, so I can't see it making contact with the back of my iPad 2. And the leather strap seems very comfortable, unlike the comments from at least one reviewer. Perhaps they have smoothed that out as well.

A "Movie Wall Clip" is included that allows the iPad to stand on your desk in landscape position. At first I could see little use for this, until I thought of traveling again. I think it will be perfect sitting on my tray table during flights, since it takes up minimal real estate and lets me watch whatever movie I wish.

Other reviews mention a hardshell screen cover that is included with the IMP37B Gladius case. It would appear that New Trent has chosen not to include it with the NT37B. I don't think I would use it anyway, since it would take away from the overall portability of the item. What do you do with it when you remove it? And a standard iPad Smart Cover works with it anyway. I have a couple of those lying around.

All in all, a solid product that gives me more confidence that I won't drop my precious tablet. So I can continue to lean back and smash pigs. Sorry, hog lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, 10 Nov. 2013
he construction of the case seems to be more than adequate with certain upgrades such as the leather handle and the swivel grip that both look like they will last the daily grind. The over all function of the case is great. Initially I was a little perturbed at the fact that the swivel didn't click in at perfectly vertical and horizontal but then I realized that is because people don't write with the ipad oriented that way. The most comfortable place was exactly where the swivel locked in. I also did appreciated the fact that the leather grip can be adjusted to accommodate larger hands. The case leaves you with access to all the ports so it can be completely functional without having to be removed from the case. The corners on the case hold the ipad very tightly so there is no concern of it flying out of its case. I actually did try to see if I could dislodge it from its case and I couldn't. The couple things that I didn't like was the stand that came with it. It is a detachable plastic piece that appears to be more of an afterthought than anything else. This is understandable seeing how this is meant to be a case that is hand held and rarely set upright. My next gripe comes from the fact that the screen of the ipad is completely exposed. I feel like this case is to be used with people who are up and moving around in a busy environment such as a doctor, stock broker or field worker. Not having a cover on the front is asking for a damaged screen. Yes, I know you can get a screen protector but the case is almost perfect and a cover on top of what it already overs would definitely merit 5/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea! Especially "Handy" For Those With Arthritis or Other Hand Health Issues, 10 Nov. 2013
Judith D Lanier (Rathdrum, Idaho, USA) - See all my reviews
NEW TRENT's "Grabbit" Accessory, for the iPAD 2 & 3. The Gladius, an attachment strap made of leather, makes you wonder why Apple didn't include it with the iPAD in the first place. The 360 degree rotatable strap is built-in to the tablets' hard shell case. Now, at last, you can hold the iPAD securely with one hand, and the other hand is free! This allows the user to be much more productive. Rotating the nice leather strap any way you want makes it easy to use for display at meetings. This package comes with a screen protector, And a stand, which can function as a wall clip. Wow, does that make it easier for several people to view the same iPAD at the same time, from many angles. I use the so called "movie clip" all the time, leaving it on the case, even when using it with NEW TRENT's wireless Airbender keyboard. In that instance, with the clip acting as a stand for the iPAD, it made it easier for me to adjust the iPAD angle so that the iPAD stood up more securely, yet remained at the perfect viewing angle for use with the Airbender wireless keyboard. Nice to see how well New Trent's iPAD accessories complement each other. My husband likes the "movie clip" feature best, I like the functionality of the basic item here, the Gladius leather strap which makes it possible to hold the iPAD so securely with one hand. What a big bonus for someone with arthritis & neuropathy in the hands. I highly recommend New Trent's Grabbit For iPAD 2-4, especially for anyone that regularly has any difficulty with holding onto & maintaining usage of the iPAD in the original manner, with both hands in a tight grip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tool for the iPad, 8 Nov. 2013
I have used the Newtrent Gladius/Grabbit on my iPad for about a week. It snaps on quickly to the iPad and it makes the device easier to hold with one hand. It allows the device to rest in the palm of your hand without fear of it being dropped. The leather strap that you slip your hand through is comfortable and gives the support that allows you to hold the iPad however you want to. The Grabbit swivels so that you can view the screen in the upright position or swivel it to the landscape view to watch videos. It also comes with a clip that you can add to the Grabbit so that the iPad can stand alone on a surface which allows for hands free viewing of a video.

I use my device as an electronic reader the most and found that the Grabbit was comfortable to use and my hand did not become tired from grasping the side of my iPad. Also my smart cover for my iPad still fits nicely on the front and easily folds up out of the way if I continue to use it. With the strap over my hand I feel free to get up and move around, which I do often when reading the news in the mornings, without fear of dropping my device.

As a retired teacher I marvel at the technology that is now found in the classroom. I imagined myself in such a classroom with my iPad on my hand as I moved throughout the class answering question and helping the students. If you are a teacher and have iPads in your classroom this would be a great addition.

Overall I like the Gladius/Grabbit and find it to be a good addition to my iPad. It provides peace of mind when carrying your device and all of the openings are there for the camera, volume, charging port, and the switches. If you use your device for movies the additional clip gives hands free viewing capabilities. A very good add-on to the iPad

5.0 out of 5 stars This iPad case is definitely worth the money, 1 Nov. 2013
Mama High (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
The New Trent Gladius Grabbit iPad Case is definitely worth purchasing. I usually use my iPad on the go and used to worry that I'd drop it. I use my iPad 4th generation for artwork that I do both for fun and for work so I can't take the risk of it breaking. I don't have to worry about dropping it now that I have the Grabbit case.

First of all, it snaps right onto the iPad and fits perfectly snug. This isn't something you will want to be taking on and off as it is a bit difficult to attach. This is not a complaint. This is actually one of the advantages of this product. It's not going to easily detach so you won't need to worry about the iPad falling out of the case.

The major advantage that this case has is the awesome leather strap. Besides looking really nice and professional, it makes it possible to hold on to the iPad without the fear of dropping it. Just slide your hand into the adjustable strap and you're ready to go.

There's also a small stand that clips onto the back which would allow you to stand the iPad up for viewing or attaching to a nail in the wall if you wanted to maybe watch a movie. I probably won't use that because a have a different stand I've been using for awhile.

The only concern I have about this is the possibility of the back cover of my iPad getting scratched. The Grabbit case can swivel 360 degrees which is pretty awesome, but there is a round plastic piece on the inside of the case that looks like it might touch the back of the iPad. If in fact it does touch the back of the iPad, after time it might scratch a circular pattern into the aluminum. Some online reviews say it does scratch the iPad and others say there is no scratching. I've only had it a few days but so far I don't see any sign of scratching. It could be because there is thin rubber padding on the inside of the case that is keeping the hard part of the case from rubbing up against the back of my iPad. My guess is that older versions of this case may not have had the padding. It's just conjecture because I really have no idea.

All in all, I'd say that this case is very sturdy and easy to use. It's better quality than a similar case put out by a different brand. The plastic looks stronger and the strap is also better quality. I'd recommend it for anyone who needs to use their iPad on the go and is afraid of dropping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars NT37G Grabbit/Gladius, 31 Oct. 2013
New Trent NT37G/IMP37G Arcadia Grabbit/Gladius iPad Case with Matte Finish, Compatible with iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, 3G and WIFI Model, with 360 Degree Rotatable protective Case, Genuine Leather Hand Strap, and a nice Stand/Movie Wall Clip

I've had my GRABBIT for about a week now. I've used it everyday since it came in the mail. It's easy to attach to the iPad and the rotating handle works great. Holds well in place when you find a good position that's comfortable for whatever you're doing so you don't have to constantly re-adjust it if you move around a lot. The little white plastic stand it comes with isn't a very well designed piece. It can really only be used in landscape, and I wouldn't really ever use it unless it was on a flat table that was taller cause of the angle it puts the iPad. If I lost it I wouldn't miss it at all. I wouldn't have guessed but one of the times the GRABBIT is most handy, I have found, is when I'm laying on the couch reading or doing some quick emails. I tend to use the speech to text a lot so I only need one hand free for that function. I would definitely recommend this accessory for anyone that needs to share their work or designs on the fly. It's perfect when it comes to standing around showing people content. It's greatest flaw is that there is no way to easily stand it up or angle it, it really is a handheld device accessory only.
> Pros:
> -easy to snap on the iPad
> -great swivel positioning
> -very comfortable on my hand
> - perfect for sharing content you're working on
> Cons:
> - has virtually no value if it's not in/on your hand
> - the plastic stand it comes with is basically useless
> Fixes:
> - design a better detachable stand then the one it comes with, that could give it some functionality beyond a handheld device accessory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy handle case for your iPad, 31 Oct. 2013
NT37B Grabbit/Gladius case for iPad2/3/4:
New Trent Grabbit Generation IMP37B

The Grabbit/Gladius case arrived and was well boxed in a professional and
sturdy box with the case inside. All appeared appropriately protected and
fully intact. I immediately clipped this on to my ipad 2 and noticed that
the fit was very good! As well, the iPad felt secure in the corner clips
of the case. No concerns with the possibility of it coming loose, this is
with a Zagg installed on the back of my iPad. All ports, speakers, etc...
were easily accessible and were fully visible, overall fit is very good.
There also is a small plastic device that ships with the case that acts as
a stand that clips in under the handle. I didn't find this overly useful,
it was a fixed angle, but if you don't have a stand, it will suffice.

The back has the leather strap handle, a bit stiff, but needs to be that
way so it feels secure in your hand and not flopping around. My hand fit
ok (I have large hands) and the full 360 degree pivoting is nice. One item
to note, even though the handle is nice and secure, because it is a rather
stiff leather it adds bulk to your ipad, so transporting it with the cover
on will not be as convenient as it is without it. The pivoting handle had
an appropriate amount of resistance, so it doesn't feel like it is just
going to turn on its own, but it could be a bit smoother as you turn it,
but it's not bad.

Overall, I like this case and the fact that my apple magnetic smart cover
continues to fit and is not obstructed is nice. If you do long sessions
with your ipad, this will certainly help with the fatigue of holding the
device without it. I give this 4 stars out of 5. Maybe an integrated
stand and a bit smoother turntable would round this out.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Trent Gladius iPad Case compatible: iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2. 360 rotatable, genuine leather hand strap, stand/movie wall c, 25 Oct. 2013
Initially when opening the case I thought it was very flimsy as it's
lightweight however once snapped onto the ipad it has a snug fit. There's
padding inside the case but not enough to absorb a shock from a catastrophic
fall. I would like to see rubber feet on the front that would help keep the
ipad from slipping off a surface when placed faced down. The handle strap
is very masculine and sturdy. I have a small hand for a woman and the
handle catches my wedding ring and that is somewhat of a nuisance. The unit
rotates very easily and I can see this being very useful for someone in a
work environment who has the need to share the screen with customers at
virtually every angle as it's very easy to be talking with the unit in your
hand and have no fear of it dropping due to the snug secure handle. The
case does allow for the iPad smart cover., which is a plus as there's no
screen protection. I'm not a fan of the movie clip as I rarely am able to
put my ipad on a shelf that is eye level as the movie clip does not allow
the case to sit at an angle. I tried the movie clip feature in the car and
it kept tipping forward. The clip itself is very hard to remove I thought I
was going to break the plastic in half while removing it. This product
would be useful for someone who has the ipad in their hands while they work
as it's very lightweight and secure in your hand. If the case had more
protection and capability to stand up on an angle it would be a better
rating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intuitive case that looks sharp!, 21 Oct. 2013
The case is black plastic and it does not seem to be as sturdy as other cases plastic cases I have tried. There is a "glove" on back of the case to slide your hand in and it does look very sharp. It looks to be made of real leather and makes the case more elegant. It is also adjustable for a looser or tighter fit. The glove rotates 360* so you can hold your iPad at vertical, horizontal or anything in-between, and it has indents on it that keep the iPad from rotating while using it. The case comes in two, a back with the attached glove and a cover that snaps on or off. The back snaps nicely onto my iPad2. The cover is a little annoying and is really only meant for transport. When you take the cover off the case, there is no where to snap the cover to the iPad or back of the case. The cover really is only meant for transporting and protecting the screen in a bag or something of that nature. The case itself is pretty scratch resistant, and looks the same from when I received it after some moderate use. I use my iPad on my feet all the time, and this case makes me feel secure with my iPad, and the glove has prevented me from dropping it on the ground more than once. It takes a little time to get used to typing with one hand, but it can be done! The one thing I don't like about the case, that keeps it from a 5/5, is how after taking off the cover, there is no way to attach it back to the case. For example, when I leave my desk I have to make sure I take the cover off the case or else I look silly carrying my iPad in one hand with the glove, and the case cover in my other hand. Other than that, the case is very innovative, looks sharp and definitely has use in my life!

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›