Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.23

on 13 December 2013
The Raindancers is another stunning novella from Greg F Gifune, again the author creates a wonderful foreboding tension and a creepy atmosphere that craves your complete attention.
Married couple Will & Betty return to her father's house after his death to settle his affairs and ready the house to be sold. Amidst the heavy rain, an old man arrives to offer his condolences, claiming to be an old family friend, Betty is charmed by his tales of her father and herself as a young girl. However Betty just doesn't remember Bob Laurent and Will is immediately mistrustful of a man who appears to be way too friendly and familiar. When the old man starts to get inside Will's head, taking seemingly innocuous liberties, something has to give, dark and deadly secrets are forthcoming and this soon turns into a chilling night for Will & Betty.
Bob Laurent is the perfect antagonist, seemingly harmless, yet at the same time unnerving and the moment he reveals his true nature, after all your suspicions is masterfully told and a touch disturbing.
This story begs to be read in one sitting, my advice, buy this, settle down for a couple of hours and read some of the finest dark fiction around. Highly recommended, just reading through the synopsis again a few weeks after finishing the story stirs my emotions.
I've only read 3 stories from Greg F Gifune but already I have acquired 7 more and am really looking forward to reading the next one.
on 17 August 2014
Will and Betty return to her father's empty house to tidy it up and settle his affairs after his recent passing. While they are working, and in the middle of terrible storm, a stranger by the name of Bob turns up unannounced claiming to be a friend of her father's dropping in to pay his respects.

He reminisces about the old days with Betty`s father and herself. Problem is Betty has no recollection of him and his familiarity with Betty is really getting on Will`s nerves.

What follows is one of the creepiest stories I have read as Bob gets deep inside Wills head telling him illicit stories of Betty`s past and indeed his own.

This is a novella and my first experience of reading Greg F Gifune. I have heard many people bang on about his work and I wish I had listened to them sooner.

This book messes with your head. There are little things dropped into the story that you have to pause and read again to make sure you picked it up right. It's creepy. It's full of the sort of suspense that has you reading from behind a cushion.

I can only give this book the highest recommendation and tell you if you buy it don't start to read it when you have 10 minutes to spare cause you won't want to put it down.

5 stars all the way.
on 27 March 2015
Will and Betty have arrived at her late father Earle’s house to arrange for the property to be cleared and the contents sorted prior to its imminent sale. As they set about the sad task and as Betty reacquaints herself with her childhood there is a knock at the door......After a slight hesitation, I opened the door. “Come in.”...”Much obliged.” He stepped inside, bringing a gust of wind and a spray of rain with him. “Great Gosh Almighty, nasty night out there, isn’t it?”...”Quite a rain,” I said. He made sure the storm door closed and latched behind him. “Apologize for showing up announced like this,” he said, “but when I heard Earl had passed I felt it only right to stop in and pay you and your lovely bride my respects.”

Thus the reader is introduced to the deeply disturbed, overtly friendly and thoroughly evil “good ole southern boy” Bob Laurent. Greg F Gifune has done a wonderful job of introducing a seemingly harmless, friendly stranger and yet from the moment we meet him his evil intent is apparent. “The inexplicable fear I’d initially felt had subsided, but in its wake was an equally baffling sense of unease.” It is this growing fear and the knowledge that something terrible is about to befall Will and Betty that makes The Rain Dancers such an unforgettable experience. I read with such a sense of foreboding and fear as I waited for the fate of Will and Betty to be decided...

The reason for Laurent’s visit and the unravelling of Betty Colby’s past come together in an explosive and brilliant conclusion making this one of the best short novellas I have ever read. Greg F Gifune is a writer of such emotive and descriptive power and this short story as a showcase for his undoubted writing talent.
on 23 February 2014
My new favourite Gifune read i just couldn't put it down.This guy has a mesmerising way with words.I just loved it!!!!
on 18 December 2014
Predictable but none the less compelling little horror story, very pertinent in today's climate of horrific public revelations. Evil corrupts and changes everything it touches.