5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome
Published on 24 Jan. 2012 by Aitch B

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking
I haven't finished this yet it's a book that makes you think I find I need to re-read a lot over again but it certainly makes you think
Published 23 months ago by Gran

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome, 24 Jan. 2012
Aitch B "Aitch" (Whitehaven England.) - See all my reviews
I would strongly recommend this product to anyone who has an interest in, philosophy, the human race, and how we as a society can help make the world a better place. I have read quite a few of the dalai lamas books but found this one to be the most user friendly in relation to understanding some of the more complex teachings in buddhist religion. The dalai lama does not try to preach but discusses how best we as a race can live and work in harmony.Ace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Olive branch to Atheists, 11 Nov. 2013
As a proud "militant" Atheistic I realise my views often cause offence to others. As an attempt to find some middle ground with religious believers I decided to read this book. The Dalai Lama is clearly approaching this subject from his strong religious beliefs but successfully finds much we can all agree on.

Whilst I will continue to preach evangelically about atheism I shall hopefully be able to do so with a clearer understanding that, for the most part, we all seek the same things from life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Reasoning, even for religious folk., 4 Jan. 2012
I suggest prospective readers of this book view the Amazon USA site for many good reviews of this book: I couldn't do much better.

Take note that the 2011 edition is more expensive than the 2012 edition.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beyond religion, 24 April 2012
In an increasingly material world, the Dalai Lama has again reminded us how we, as a people, can benefit from bringing things back to normal.
Simply written and easy to follow, it guides us back to a lifestyle where we consider everyone and the results of our actions.
Although formed from a Buddhist foundation, it is a mindset that applies equally to all faiths. If only it was as easy to put into practice!
An inspirational book that I would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bedside reading, 5 Feb. 2012
Dalai Lamas book contain thoughts that is both necessary and useful in our age. I have a profound respect for Dalai Lama. Especially for his view about a non-religous ethic. I can recommend the book warmly

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense isn't so common, 12 Dec. 2013
An excellent book giving insight into why things have gone so wrong (and continue to) I found the book quite inspiring. Also easy to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 27 Aug. 2012
Another great book by the great man. he has such grace and character its like meditating just reading his words! I am not religious but it is great to know that there are (few) important religious people with such open minds, fearless of science and the times, making faith straight forward - this is a great read for anyone regardless of religion or belief, an open mind is essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and interesting read for anyone interested in religions, 19 Oct. 2014
Excellent and interesting read for anyone interested in religions, spirituality and ethics in 21st Century. It cuts right through hypocrisy and misunderstandings and gives you a non-judgemental way to approach personal development................or simply to try and understand meaningful ways to relate to yourself, others and the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book well written, 8 Mar. 2013
M. Linnard (Newcastle UK) - See all my reviews
An easy book to read with very little reference to abstract concepts or practices. The book gives plain speaking guidance on how a moral compass can be formed that is both compatible with all major religions and those who don't follow any prescribed faith. A blueprint for how to get along on an ever more crowded planet :-D

5.0 out of 5 stars A world wide secuklar ethic is now needed, 27 Jan. 2013
Rev. T. J. Carter (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It may seem surprising that the Dalai Lama advocates a world wide secular ethic based on the human need of compassion rather than the ethic of any one major religion, important though these religions are in the development of mankind. The Dalai Lama presents cogent arguments for his beliefs, which I found convincing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›