5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Book, 5 May 2012
This review is from: CDRM - LIVING WITH A DISABLED DOG ; Charlie's Story: What would YOU do to save Lassie? (Kindle Edition)
As someone who lost my beloved Rough Collie last year after illness I just had to read this book. Its a lovely book about a gorgeous collie 'Charlie' who was diagnosed with CDRM and eventually needed help to get around.
How I wish more owners were willing to do as much for their pets as Charlie's owners were. He could not have had better owners.
My only complaint is that it was too short - once i started reading I would have loved the book to have been much longer with more stories about Charlie (and Rosie). I loved the photos as they gave a real feel of what Charlie was like.
However, what a lovely tribute to your beautiful boy and I'm so sorry to hear he's no longer around.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very important little book, 24 Oct. 2012
I am purchasing a kindle, (even though i far prefer books) simply because i have to read this book. My German Shepherd Bane was diagnosied with this back in February, and this is the first book i have seen that appears to tell us what we can expect. There is very limited knowledge relating to this illness, in fact the vet told us that once he cant walk on, i should think about the quality of his life. (we do nothing but think of the quality of his life, even to the detriment of ours) Since then, we have bought him a help em up harness for when his legs were weakening and to help him outside, and since last week he is the proud owner of a set of Wheels for Dogs, the same as Charlie's in the picture. My dog thinks all his Christmases have come at once, he is as happy as the proverbial pig, . THIS BOOK IS SO IMPORTANT to show that putting them to sleep just becuase they cant use their back legs doesnt have to be an only option, and i cant wait to read it. It will also be the most infomration that we have for what we have to face next, becuase we cannot get an answer from our vet, mostly a shrug of the shoulders. We were told that he should be put to sleep a few months ago, but books like this help people see that they become the Crippled dog that could!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful charlie, 17 Jun. 2012
I was also very interested when I came across this book. I have a five year old OLd English Sheepdog with hip dysplasia and my daughter`s Golden Retriever collapsed recently and was unable to move his back legs.We rushed him to our vet who xrayed him and it was found he has spondylosis.He was kept in the hospital over night and thankfully was walking the next day but not as he should be.He is now going to have more tests and possibly an Mri scan.Ii is a very worrying time.He too, showed some of Charlie`s symtoms. Luckily we have two wonderful vets and are fortunate that one is an orthopaedic surgeon and a neurologist. I too, wish there were more pet owners that would go to the ends of the earth to do what they could for their pet when something as devastating as cdrm is diagnosed. Charlie`s mum and dad loved him so much. I am so very sorry that he is no longer by their side but I know he will be in their heart`s forever,just as my little bichon and lhasa that I lost in 2006 and 2011 will always be in mine.God bless you Charlie Barker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charlie's Story, 20 Jun. 2014
This was a really delightful book , couldn't put it down. What lovely owners very good caring people heart warming story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 10 May 2014
J. Turner (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
A short book but a good one. It just goes to show what you can do for your disabled pet if you are prepared to go that extra mile. This book has some sound advice for the disabled dogs owner. Recommended heartily!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 30 Sept. 2013
i have given 5 stars because of the excellent product, the postage and packaging, i would definitely deal with this again

5.0 out of 5 stars Rough collie legs, 30 Jan. 2015
Made an interesting educated read. My dog is suffering similar problems aged 15, but fear she is too old to cope with wheels. Our vet is v supportive of our choices. Not too technical and a quick read