4.0 out of 5 stars Profiler on the case
One of Sweden's foremost police profilers Sebastian Bergman (Rolf Lassgård of Wallander fame) is drawn back into work - after a hiatus in the wake of losing his wife and daughter in the 2004 tsunami - when a teenager is found brutally killed in the woods near his recently deceased mother's home and the police in his mind clearly are looking in the wrong places for the...
Published on 3 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent Rolf Lassgard
Published on 2 Jan. 2013 by cartoon

5.0 out of 5 stars Nordic cool., 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
I'm a big fan of Rolf Lassgard, and I've seen just about everything he's been in. His understated acting is a cut above most of the other excellent Scandinavian actors I've seen. My one criticism of the film is the unnecessary, and frankly, clumsy symbolism of the childs' hand. But Hey, he didn't write the screenplay did he. If you liked The Killing, The Bridge, or any other Nordic offering, you'll love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good 'un, 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Once one is into the Nordic Noir style of film making, one's thirst for more becomes obsessive and this is a must.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent Rolf Lassgard, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
A rather topsy turvy swedish thriller . The first introduces Sebastien , I found his non pc stance very warming and amusing but by the second episode I found the number of coincidences too out there for my belief . The serial killer was so Silence of the Lambs and the ending too Hollywood to satisfy my more bleak tastes . Lacks the clever qualities of the Killing and so although worth a watch , its not a classic . Something to watch when there is nothing on tv .

5.0 out of 5 stars and I'm very glad I did, 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
As a fan of Nordic Noir, I decided to give this a try, and I'm very glad I did.
I don't think this 2 part series has had the publicity it deserves. To me, it's 'up there' with the best of Scandi crime fiction.
Parts are not easy to watch, but these types of stories are not for the squeamish anyway!
What makes this a bit different is the anti-hero , Sebastian, He is not particularly likeable, but as the series progresses we see why he is such a flawed, damaged person.
Rolf Lassgard gives an outstanding performance, at times very moving and always credible.
I didn't expect to like this-how wrong I was!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
good

2.0 out of 5 stars Cue: Händel's Dead March, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
OK, the good? The main actor's performance. Unfortunately Låssgard rather overshadows the others.

The bad? The clunky, creaky and flimsy plot. It's really rather hard to get engaged.

The ugly? The character played by Lassgård. It's all very well to have a disagreeable protagonist, but there has to be some redeeming feature apart from his (implausible) forensic brilliance. This man is a sleazebag, and given the lack of empathy with the main character, the viewer is constantly tempted to do something more uplifting, like starting a game of sudoku.

So why two stars, then? Because I like the cinematography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever stuff, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
Good characters, interesting and original pltes, Scandinavian scenery and great acting. What more could you want? Nordic Noir is definitely the genre of the decade so far, save for breaking Bad!

5.0 out of 5 stars So thrilled to find this film, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
It lived up to my expectations I just wish there was more of them.I have become completely hooked on the Nordic Noirs

5.0 out of 5 stars Bergman, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [DVD] (DVD)
Always a good viewing, lots of twists and turns.Just when you think you know the identity of the murderer something else crops up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope they have other series on Blu Ray like this one!, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sebastian Bergman [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It didn't matter that this was a subtitled film - it was fabulous. I can't wait to see if series two comes out in the UK - I will definitely buy it.

Sebastian Bergman [Blu-ray]
Sebastian Bergman [Blu-ray] by Michael Hjorth (Blu-ray - 2012)