Format: DVDChange

on 20 August 2012
After watching the first season of bedlam I was disappointed that they had changed the cast of all bar two. After watching it I found that apart from Jed I didn't really miss any of the others. Ellie (Lacey Turner) is brilliant, I found that I couldn't stop watching so ended up watching the first disc on Saturday and second disc on Sunday. It does tie up some of the loose ends from season one but not all, I am hoping that they will make a season three as it has definately got lots more to give and many more story lines that it could expand on. If you enjoyed the first season then definately give it a go.
on 2 August 2012
I loved the first series and I equally loved this one too! Wont put any spoilers in here so don't worry but I will say if you enjoyed series one you will like this very much! I was worried at first as not many of the original characters came back but all in all it didn't matter - you quickly become use to the new characters and engaged in the storyline!! Keeps you on the end of your seat in parts, makes you jumps and has all good actors - Lacey (from eastenders - stacey moon) was absolutely wonderful - shows what a great and versatile actress she is!!!

I wish they made the series a bit longer - we need more episodes!!!! But all in all five stars as I throughly enjoyed it!
on 28 September 2014
For some reason I missed the first episode of this series 2 when it first came out so was a bit lost on the characters and plot, I even missed it when I got the DVD (don't ask, I still can't figure it), I eventually watched episode 1 when I finished all the others so it eventually made sense. Damn good scary viewing that made my skin crawl more than a few times, roll on season 3.
on 1 October 2013
Bedlam Season 2 is not so good as Season 1, i miss Jed, and the others from Season 1. And What happened to Jed in Season 1? We got no answers from the season finale of Season 1. I think it should be more answers to the viewers and not so many questions! And now that the series is cancelled we will never know what's happening from the series finale of season 2.
on 25 June 2013
I really enjoyed Bedlam series 1 so was a little disappointed with series 2.
The plot wasn't as good and was left very disjointed from series 1.
I think Lacey Turner is a great actress though didn't feel the script gave her much leeway to show that.
Definitely not as good as 1st series.
on 17 January 2014
I first started watching Bedlam part way through series one and was hooked from the first episode I watched. Series two expands on series one with more shocks and a great conclusion to the series.
on 3 January 2016
As everybody has said, there is a dramatic cast shake-up in series 2. So what? This is after all, television, not real life. This series has a straighter story line with greater continuity throughout. This makes a more interesting story with a little less variety but the series does not suffer for that.
Lacey Turner continues to look as though she is so excruciatingly miserable that you might feel some sympathy with her. unfortunately she cannot act herself entirely out of her East Enders character so she just comes across as a perpetually gloomy individual. Mind you, she has a lot about which to be gloomy.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 January 2013
Bedlam Series 2 is amazing, better than series 1 in my opinion. It is really gripping and you just can't stop watching it. I found once you start the DVD you won't want to stop watching it until you have finished it. A truly fantastic British horror! Five stars from me!
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 August 2015
I love this series, really disappointed they never continued it. If you like ghosts and demons this is a must see!
on 10 November 2014
never having seen the series when it aired on Sky, I was looking forward to watching, as the first series had been so good and, I have to say that it really exceeded my expectations. Only complaint is it finished with a hint of another series that is never going to happen
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse