5.0 out of 5 stars perfect size
We bought this tv as we have the larger screen in our front room and are very happy with the make & model
Published 17 months ago by Michelle

1.0 out of 5 stars A sad day for Panasonic..
I'll make this short and sweet.
First of all I would like to point out I am a big Panasonic fan and have owned many of their tvs.
Ok .. To start , I have been in the electrical retail trade for many years and this tv is terrible.
It really is. I bought this since the 32C4 ( an excellent LCD tv for the money ) it replaces was not available.
There is...
Published 22 months ago by BigStevo

1.0 out of 5 stars A sad day for Panasonic.., 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L32C5B 32-inch HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview HD - Black (Electronics)
I'll make this short and sweet.
There is nothing Panasonic about this tv.
The picture quality is ..em.. well it's a tv picture , and a very average one at that, that's all I can say. Movement is terrible and the viewing angle is pathetic ( without it having a white film across it) .
Everything about this tv is cheap and nasty.. The remote, the plastics of the tv itself ..maybe the fact that it's made in Turkey and not in the Czech Republic like other Pan tvs is the reason.
The user menus and even the remote look like something out of the very 1st LCD tvs from about 8yrs ago.
As I said earlier, nothing about this tv relates to previous Panasonics and I think Panasonic have made a HUGE mistake puting their name on this product, obviously made for them by somebody else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good picture quality but let down in other areas., 13 Sep 2012
The HD picture quality on this TV is great (at least when you are looking at it head on), sound quality is acceptable for a TV but it goes without saying you should be using a separate speaker system with it.

What lets this TV down is the fact that you can't edit the channel menu to remove all the rubbish channels from the TV guide which necessitates massive scrolling when looking for something to watch and the stand does not swivel which is unforgivable on a TV of this size. It's also very important on this TV because the viewing angles are terrible compared to the 6 year old S-PVA Samsung TV I have downstairs or my E-IPS Dell monitor, even mildly off centre horizontally or vertically and you start to see image degradation. Also of annoyance is the fact that going down the TV guide causes the channel being watched in the box to change which defeats the point in having it in the first place. The lack of 1080p is also disappointing when many cheaper displays feature it, making it undesirable for computer use also.

Overall it's acceptable for the price but I'd definitely go for something else if I had the choice again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by fundamentally flawed UI, 14 Nov 2012
P. Nugent "Nuge" (UK) - See all my reviews
Firstly I am a huge Panasonic fan. I have several TV and pvr boxes. I bought this for a kids room. The picture quality is fine and actually rather nice in HD as you would expect from a panny T2 decoder. The sound is just about ok but you cannot expect cinema sound at this price on a tv so I accept that.

The main problem I have on this tv is the really frustrating and flawed user interface (UI).

1. You can remove channels from the zapping list but they remain visible in the EPG. This means that you have to setup a PiN lock to prevent adult channels from being accessible - but when browsing EPG the kids can still see program names - not a synopsis, but I really don't want my kids asking me what a milf or a stud is. Why oh why can the channel list not be filtered with an owner pin to control what channels can be seen in the guide. This is 2012 and Panasonic really need to catch up on the UI

2. You cannot "info surf" the EPG by scrolling up and down without the small picture in grid (a relatively new concept for Panasonic) zapping thru the channels. This is Really bad as it makes the PiG almost completely useless.

3. There is no elegant way to separate tv and radio channels so you have to zap through them if you want to go "round the horn" on the channel list. Very annoying

4. Navigating the UI performance is inconsistent. It's quick to whizz thru the EPG but channel changing is sometimes strangely slow.

5. I don't see an option to upgrade software over Internet or via USB - there is over the air (OTA) download only as far as I can tell which is kind of annoying.

In summary - a fine picture - especially in HD. Ok sound and decent value for money if this fairly chunky tv is for adults but its not family friendly at all.

I have another tv to buy in 42" and I will not be picking the C5B range again unless there is a suitable software update.

I will contact panasonic about this cos I was a little disappointed for 1st time in ~20yrs buying their products in UK and US.

2.0 out of 5 stars What are Panasonic doing ?., 2 Dec 2012
In my view, Panasonic have produced the best TVs on the market for many years. They have now let themselves down with this TV that has the worst picture that I have seen for a long time, the menu is different from Panasonics of the past and I would not be suprised if it was not a Panasonic chassis inside.
Totally disappointed

2.0 out of 5 stars A poor television, 19 Nov 2012
I agree with the other reviews here and I suggest you steer clear of this television. The HD picture is very good but that is about all. The dvd playback is shocking and almost unwatchable. There is a green tinge on every dvd I tried and the blacks also have a green tinge. This tv was returned from where I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect size, 3 April 2013