5.0 out of 5 stars Super quick USB3
Hi there..Bought this USB 3 from elsewhere as I got it cheaper (sorry Amazon)..but I have written many reviews on what i have bought from Amazon and elsewhere to pass on my findings,so here goes.
Published 18 months ago by Mr. S. R. Reece

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible terrible terrible software!!!
Published 13 months ago by C. Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Super quick USB3, 30 Sep 2012
Mr. S. R. Reece "Topcat" (West Midlands England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
First things first...It's made well enough as USB flash drives go and the flip out tang has just the right amount of stiffness and snaps into place to make you feel confident it won't pop back in when inserting into the usb port.. there's also a small hole at the back of the stick to insert a lanyard loop... Now primarily, it's best used in a USB 3 port for maximum speeds, but it won't disappoint in a USB 2 port either.. I gave it some thorough testing on a variety of size files..
Before I tell you of the speeds I achieved.... as with any flash drive... it will perform best on a good set up..Home computer or Laptop...A good many people blame the product, when in essence. it's their equipment that is to blame, and this in turn means they will not achieve the manufacturers claims... and I must admit this sort of info should be passed on by the maker to make things clearer to the buyer to begin with, then maybe they wouldn't get so many bad reviews...Sorry I digress..!!
Back to my testing.. I first tried it in my home computer (An AMD 5.8 ghz duel core 4GB Ram)..a USB 2 port and I used the same file throughout the test... a 1 GB HD video clip copying it from my Hard drive to the Sandisk..It ran a stable 35 Mbs write speed and the same read speed also.. Pretty impressive..
Then came the second test on my laptop..a more powerful machine then my home set up( a HP DV 7 Quad core 8gb ram with USB 3 and 2)..I used the USB 2 port first, and it increased to 50 Mbs write speed and a 50 Mbs read...WOW I thought...Then I tested it in the USB 3.. It then achieved 120Mbs write and 150 Mbs read....However... I also have a SSD drive fitted in my laptop, and when I tested it through this it rocketed to 150Mbs write and 180 read... that was impressive.. So does it do what it says on the tin... well in my opinion Yes.!!!.. I think what surprised me the most was the performance in the USB 2 port,making it a great buy anyway for a 32 GB flash dive with those sort of figures.
How long you will have to wait until others make one to beat this I don't know..but at this price and performance go for it, you won't be disappointed..I wasn't.
Cheers..!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Performance, 10 Aug 2013
This stick is consistently reviewed as the best on the market in summer 2013 (most recently on Tom's Hardware) and has not disappointed me in use. I wanted this to put Mac OS X on so I could boot my computer from it, and it does that very well. When booted from this USB drive the computer is responsive and I can do the housekeeping (running DiskWarrior) with no fuss.

When I tested this drive with BlackMagic speed-testing software it was a little faster than the manufacturer claimed on the packaging. By comparison, another USB 3 drive I bought before reading any reviews had a quarter of this drive's read speed and one tenth of the write speed. The other drive cost less per gigabyte but did a poor job booting the computer. With the technology currently on the market there are enormous variations in performance and if you want a fast flash drive this SanDisk Extreme is a safe choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fastest USB3 Flash Drive Available...Probably!, 20 Oct 2012
When comparing Flash Drives there's a lot of talk about Write/Read speeds measured in Mb/s. That doesn't always mean a lot to me but having received this SanDisk USB3 16GB Cruzer Extreme, I compared it to a couple of other flash drives I have including an older USB2 flash drive. Basically I timed how long it took to copy a 2GB video file from the PC's hard drive onto each flash drive, using the same USB3 port on the PC. The results were as follows:

USB2 16GB Bytestor Flash Drive - 2mins 51secs

USB3 16GB Transcend Flash Drive - 1min 46secs

USB3 16GB SanDisk Extreme Flash Drive - 0min 37secs!!!!!!

It's a little bit more expensive than other flash drives but with that sort of speed, I'd say it's worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 10 July 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDCZ80-064G-X46 64GB Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
I decided to buy this item after backing up files to my old USB (A SanDisk Ultra 64Gb USB) took a few hours to complete.

I have to say I am really impressed with the speed of this thing - the same backup took just under 15 minutes!

We all have different computer specs, different controllers and drivers etc - so obviously speed results will differ for everyone. And I have to admit the drive for me performed better than expected with a Max read of 163Mb/s and a Max write of 157 Mb/s. (You can never expect to hit the max stated speeds - as manufacturers tests are not run on a day to day working PC)

I've uploaded a customer image of disk speed tests with all the drives in my system. This way you can see the performance of the Extreme USB in relation to the speeds of my other drives - just in case that can be of help to someone :)

All in all - extremely happy with the purchase, definitely worth the extra cost for the speed difference and hence 5 stars :)

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB, 3 Sep 2012
T. Rush (UK) - See all my reviews
Very worried about buying this item as some reviews have been negative but thought I'd take a chance. All I can say is no problems so far. Tested on a laptop with windows 7 & USB 3; very fast transfer times. Also tested on an older desktop with windows 7 and USB 2 and everything working fine.

The Drive may not be as heavy and well-built as other SanDisk Models but looks robust enough to do the job as a large fast file transfer device that I want to use it for.

Haven't tried the software included on the Flash Drive as don't really need it.

I'll update the review if I encounter any problems in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Speeds at a mega price!, 10 Sep 2012
Don't even bother looking at other USB 3 flash drives, i searched for a long time looking for a decent 32GB flash drive, reading reviews here & recommendations there but i just went with a brand that i had past experience with that i knew would be reliable & hoped that the claimed speeds were correct & my god were they ever!! Depending on what size files you are reading or writing you can actually achieve greater speeds than 190 mb/s read & 110 mb/s write & even using it in a USB 2 port it outperformed my current USB 2 flash drives. The drive itself looks good with a little blue activity light to show its being accessed (not all USB 3 flash drives come with an active light) & the mechanism for ejecting & retracting the interface connector is solid. I was a little concerned that when you push the flash drive into a tight fitting USB port that it may go back into the housing but it doesn't, as long as you don't push on the top switch. It feels firm when you extend & retract it, it's basically a well built, good looking, excellent performing USB 3 flash drive & it's a must for anyone wishing to make use of their USB 3 ports, especially at this price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Terrible terrible terrible software!!!, 10 Mar 2013
C. Smith - See all my reviews
Hardware is fantastic, superfast etc. However the encryption software is terrible. Extremely temperamental and unreliable and incredibly frustrating to use. If you’re not bothered about encrypting your files, then buy this drive and format it to remove the terrible software. If you need to encrypt your files then do not buy this drive as the software is horrendously bad and you will spend hours and hours fighting with it!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars should be done for false advertising, 11 Feb 2014
Write speeds of up to 190mb/s, its more like 50 mb/s for the 16Gb model. Maybe the other sizes can reach this speed but not this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Flash in flash drive!, 7 Sep 2013
Traffic (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
So after owning about 50 bazillion flash drives I've finally found one that actually transfers faster than a hard disk.

The Basics:
This flash drive is a bit bigger than your average flash drive but the build quality is superb.
Even though it's made of plastic it feels reassuringly solid so I should expect this thing will not fall apart like so many others I've owned. The USB retract mechanism is very smooth and locks in pretty good. One nifty little thing I always look for in a flash drive is a small hole that I can use to attach to my keychain which this one has.
There is also a small blue LED that flashes when in use.

The Tech stuff:
This flash drive is more expensive due to the USB 3.0 speed it operates at. I ran some speed tests and found this reads at around 195MBps which is about 6 times faster than my previous flash drive. I tested the write speed and the transfer was running at about 135MBps which is consistent with USB 3. A single 1.5GB movie file transfered from my PC to the flash drive in 11 seconds!
(just ensure that your computer has USB 3.0 ports to operate at full speed before buying)

The only negative thing I can say about this flash drive is the fact it's slightly larger than average and can be a bit fiddly when using a USB hub with the ports placed close together. That aside it's the best flash drive I've ever owned.
If you are after a solid and very fast performing USB flash drive then this one will deliver the goods.

***UPDATE****
Ok so after a few days of testing this new flash drive I have found that the USB 2.0 performance is faster than any native USB 2.0 flash drive I've used before.
I can transfer files to this thing at about 23MBps-28MBps. That might not sound like a lot compared to USB 3.0 speeds but every other USB 2 flash drive I've tested will transfer at about 5MBps-7MBps max!
I would say based on this it is definitely worth buying even if you only have a computer with USB 2.1 as it will still perform very well and will give you some level of future proofing with USB 3 speeds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat and fast!, 16 May 2013
I haven't anything much else to compare this flash drive too, but boy, it sure seems fast to me! I like the way the USB connector snaps in and out of the case, would be just that little bit better if there was some kind of snap close cover over the end of the the USB connector while its clicked inside, but for the price I'm really not grumbling. Recommended !

ARRAY(0xab4726d8)