on 2 April 2013
Windows 8 is made for touch screen. The switch off button is a pain in the neck! Keep to windows 7.
on 15 November 2013
I've added he stars and am writing this text because I have to, which is why I do not do reviews
on 28 August 2014
GOOD
on 11 February 2015
Ok
on 2 January 2013
Great price for a new Windows update and it makes it easier for the more novice or those who don't like to try and fix PC problems. It tends to "heal itself" when a problem does happen.

Pros: Smarter and more secure.

Cons: it performs a system roll back when it fails to start properly - but does not tell you that.
No start menu on the bottom left of screen - that is annoying for any previous Window user.
on 25 July 2013
I wish I'd never bought it! It's a very poor system, my advice is stick to Win7, the updates that you can buy/download turn the system into 7 anyway. The interface is frankly useless unless you have the luxury of a touch screen. I still think that Msoft have really gone backwards since XP!
on 13 January 2013
After reading the many reviews on Windows 8 I decided to wait until things settle down. The book should be useful if I ever decide to purchase Windows 8 but I am perfectly happy with Windows 7
on 21 January 2013
Windows 8 is almost impossible to use I wish I still had xp, I have followed info, dose not help in any way, can not send e-mails with an attachment, the problems go on and on.
on 18 September 2012
I was looking forward to this but it would not download properly to my laptop so I gave up.Probably because I only have kindle on my computer but its worked fine before.
on 8 February 2013
I've no idea what this book is like as I've decided that I will never upgrade to Windows 8, unless I'm really forced to.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse