5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement.
I love this. I had a previous AV Receiver, however I wanted an update due to getting surround sound speakers for Christmas.

Why?

- Amazing sound - especially with films and sports
- Plenty of sound options
- Easy...
Published 22 months ago by OllieEMail

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound but too complicated...
I love the sound this receiver outputs through my Bose Acoustimass System.
Surround is pretty convincing and I get crystal clear wide range tones.
I like the wifi capability, but you still have to connect it through ftp cable to your home network, or, buy a wifi thingy which will cost you an extra amount.
But if I was to buy it today, I just wouldn't buy...
Published 10 months ago by Joćo Pedro Silva

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Receiver, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: Pioneer VSX922K 3D Ready Home Cinema Receiver (Electronics)
I purchased this receiver because it looked like an amazing product. It is easy to use, has great picture and sound quality and looks the part too. There are many useful features and a great UI for USB Devices and iPods, t has displayable album art.

The Pioneer has a very good upscaler which upscales sky HD to a very nice 1080p picture. It supports many file formats and all of the popular sound formats such as DTS and Dolby True HD.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a high quality receiver for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 4 July 2013
First touch with an amp, and very impressed by the sound for a home theater set up.
Love iControlAV which throws away the poor remote control

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 18 Jun 2013
Very good product. Excellent sound, picture and Internet capabilities for the price. Of course there are better but not at this price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!, 9 Jun 2013
Just plugged it in my Cambridge Audio speakers and started to enjoy it! Very good receiver for the price with good features such as network streaming media and Ipod digital connection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer Vsx 922 K Evaluation, 31 May 2013
Yes. I think that was a great choice, and I recomend it for all who desire a very good sound at a very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Liked the product, didn't find any major negative points, 29 May 2013
Overall I recommend this device. I used the device for 1 week now. It comes with a microphone that is used to autoconfigure all sound variables in order to get optimum performance for your specific soundspeakers/enviroment. I also liked the iOS application on my iPad. I was able to "play" with the graphic equalizer, really awsome. From a sound quality perspective I was really satisfied.

For the people who would like to know some potential negative issues, here is a list:

a) When I was using airplay the songs were always stopped randomly and I had to start playing again
b) Using DLNA also didn't help a lot. Sometimes the device was reachable sometimes not
c) when I tried to update over internet the operation stuck for ages. I had to manually update by downloading the update file to a USB stick
d) Pioneer doesn't seem to provide regular updates which is probably the most annoying issue since there are bugs that needs to be fixed
e)this is not an all in one solution, so expect that you will need to allow some time in order to get used with their menu etc.
f) some functions on the remote control are not straight forward, but you get used after a while.

Overall, I do recommend the device because of its low price (239 UK pounds), its good sound quality, good specifications and features and because the above negative points are not actually deal breakers for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 24 May 2013
A superb amp with great refined detail and punch , many options to tinker with but out the box it's just brilliant . It does take some setting up if you're a bit of a novice but worth it .

Treat yourself :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great amp with a lot of features, 22 May 2013
I. Adkin (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
As an AV amp this is a great buy but when you add in Internet radio, Airplay and a host of other features it is an outstanding piece of kit. Within minutes I had it set up and was playing my itunes library over my home network. Fantastic stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for money, 10 May 2013
easy to configure and if connected to 7.2 speakers it has a great sound if you're listening to music. I tested it with the movie "The Hobbit" (7.1) and the sound is ok for a product in this category. I've also purchased the WiFi-module for the receiver, but at the and I decided to connect it by wire. It's working perfect with Apple's Airplay and also the remote-app for the iPad is working fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 27 April 2013
J. Beeson "The Jay-man" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
Great purchase, unfortunately if you want wireless capabilities you need to fork out another £50 but it does work very well. Sometimes when you flick between outputs it can mess with the resolution a little bit (for example when I go back to PC sometimes I have to manually alter the resolution back to what it should be) but other than that its fine

Pioneer VSX922K 3D Ready Home Cinema Receiver