on 13 April 2015
Although I didn't purchase this from Amazon I have written this to assist other potential buyers. This is the second OKI printer I have purchased, the first one was the earlier version of this model.

I will comment on the first one initially, it lasted about two years, I always used OKI genuine replacement ink, in fact I had a spare ink when the printer become unusable. It was used purely for home use and I was on my 3rd ink when it failed, the print become faint. The printer was fast, good quality and printed on thin card and envelopes, so I was pleased with the printing but very disappointed at its life span.

I decided to give the latest model a try, a small local company was selling their OKI stock off at knockdown prices so I bought one. This also has lasted about 2 years, this time it was on its second cartridge (including the one with the printer), again the same print problem, I contacted OKI support, they asked me to send them a print sample which I immediately did, two weeks later I had not heard from them. So rather than risk buying another ink cartridge I have decided to scrap the printer and try and find something more reliable. Needless to say this is the last OKI product I will ever buy.