5.0 out of 5 stars Great find and such fun!
I bought this book last week for my 3 year old grandson and I am not sure who loves it more, me or him. It is so easy for kids to get into and pick up the rhyme and rhythm of it, he is already reciting half of it. A must for any youngster's collection. Everyone will have fun with it! Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to you!
Published on 9 Jun. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK!!!!!
This is a great book tor children to learn the letters and even I loved this book. :) :) :) :) :)
Published 7 months ago by L MacGregor

5.0 out of 5 stars great book !!, 4 Mar. 2014
Love this book and can't wait to share it with my granddaughter!Colourful, bright and sturdy and it will withstand lots of use from a young child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright colors, simple illustrations, fun rhymes-enjoy!, 2 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
Up the coconut tree, falling down and back up again--my 16-month old has had his second favorite book ever! Almost as soon as he said "MaMa" he said "BoonBoon??" when he wanted the book. Great color, simple pictures and the alphabet front to back twice make this book enjoyable for a broad age group. I received Chicka Chicka Boom Boom as a baby shower gift along with The Read Aloud Handbook. I found them just as essential as diapers and pacifiers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read to Your Child to Develop Bonding and Intellect!, 20 May 2004
Donald Mitchell "Jesus Loves You!" (Thanks for Providing My Reviews over 127,000 Helpful Votes Globally) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Researchers constantly find that reading to children is valuable in a variety of ways, not least of which are instilling a love of reading and improved reading skills. With better parent-child bonding from reading, your child will also be more emotionally secure and able to relate better to others. Intellectual performance will expand as well. Spending time together watching television fails as a substitute.
To help other parents apply this advice, as a parent of four I consulted an expert, our youngest child, and asked her to share with me her favorite books that were read to her as a young child. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom was one of her picks.
The book is designed to teach the alphabet, but has several other nice qualities. For some reason, children get really attached to the sound of hearing "chicka chicka boom boom" and love to repeat it. Not only did my daughter do that, but so did her friends. Have mastered that sound, they were one step along in memorizing the poem story of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Because the story contains the alphabet, memorizing that became part of the game. Then with so much memorized, they can "read" the story to you by repeating what they have memorized. Pretty soon, what they have memorized becomes identified with what they see. Voila! Reading progress begins. Very subtle and very effective is this method!
The drawings are equally cleverly designed to help with recognition and memorization. The letters are printed in LARGE sizes and in different colors, surrounded by lots of white space to increase the differences in their appearances. They are also tilted and come alive so they become interesting rather than just abstract. "A told B, and B told C, 'I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree.'"
If only adult books were this well designed, learning would be fun and easy for almost everyone.
Overcome your misconceptions that children cannot master complicated material, by helping your child learn with this wonderful resource! Then find other books with similar structures to continue the reading progress. Hop on Pop is a good selection for that purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children will love the rhythm, the rhyme, and the pictures., 14 May 1997
By A Customer
This is an entertaining book. I find myself humming
it many times. It's very rhythmic and catchy and
really helps teach the alphabet in a fun way. My
baby can't talk but when I say "chicka chicka", he
says "boom boom". I need a new book. We've worn
out ours.

5.0 out of 5 stars As much fun to read as to hear, 18 May 1996
By A Customer
A really wonderful alphabet book. One you won't mind reading over and over again. Great meter, 26 fine characters, plus parents, uncles and aunts. Just the right amount of fun mischief. Ages 1 to 4 to read to. Will become a read it myself favorite about age 5 or 6.

5.0 out of 5 stars super book for kids, really gets them singing their abc's, 23 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
This book really knows how to peak a child's attention and keep it. My 2 year old daughter sings the words over and over and looks forward to reading. I also find myself humming the words during the day. I think this book belongs in every childs library.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our all time favorite books, 1 Sept. 2012
V. Guerin - See all my reviews
This is a book that is frequently requested in our home. The fun rhymes and silly characters have our kids laughing and reading/singing along. Definitely a book to have before starting pre-school as it introduces the alphabet in an exciting way.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book for kids using the alphabet, 16 Sept. 2012
This has been popular with all of my kids, from age 6 down to 2. Would highly recommend...just be prepared to read it over, and over...and over again! My husband and I are rather tired of it, but the kids love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved the rhyme, 19 Feb. 2015
This was THE book for my son when he was a toddler (now 6). He loved the rhyme, it taught him his alphabet - I still think he would read it today to be honest. It's the book I will be keeping forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Dec. 2010
Lovely book. The lap size is perfect for my 2 year old. I will look for more books in this size. The rhyming is lots of fun and I enjoy reading it to my daughter.