5.0 out of 5 stars Shy-Watcher 7Ah battery
As a keen astronomer I bought this battery to run either my computerised telescope mount or my dew prevention system. I found that it runs the mount for many hours but only runs for 3-4 hours whilst running the dew prevention system with two heating tapes.

Published on 20 Sept. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars sent me the wrong unit
Mine has two usb connections, rather than the various voltage connectors pictured.

Not an issue at the moment, as I only required 12v, would certainly put me off buying from again though.
Published 16 months ago by Mr Darren Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Shy-Watcher 7Ah battery, 20 Sept. 2012
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)

The battery itself comes in a black plastic outer shell with ports for two cigarette lighter plugs. They are durable even when the temperatures outside get down below zero. The lamp at the front is powerful if you ever need to use it and I have found it useful when putting my gear away. I have not used the red light but it is a useful addition. It charges pretty quickly for its size and is light enough to carry around easily. I have given this battery 5 stars because of its usefulness, quality and design. If you are thinking of using it for astronomy though on those cold nights you might find the 17Ah version a better option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome - Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
Only took a few hours to charge.
Very easy to use, Power connector is contained within a rear compartment.
I used it with with my Celestron Nexstar 6 SE Telescope.
After three hours, it was a cloudy night that defeated me.
Not the Power Tank. It just kept going.
Very Portable and reasonably light.

4.0 out of 5 stars A power supply for your computerised telescope, 9 Oct. 2014
Mr. Philip J. Wathen "Philip Wathen" (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
I use the Power Tank with a Celestron CPC 800 computerised telescope. The Sky-Watcher and Celestron Power Tanks are identical apart from the label. The two 12V 'cigarette lighter' sockets have sliding covers and there are also two 5V USB sockets to recharge your SatNav perhaps.

Follow the instructions for re-charge time carefully. There is a green LED labelled 'Fully Charged' which lights after about an hour of charging and gradually becomes brighter as charging progresses so it is not very useful. If you have a suitable voltmeter, the two 4mm sockets (always 'live') on the back panel could be used to check the final PD which should be about 13.5V when fully charged. If this is not possible, just stick to the times stated on the case.

The main lantern uses white LEDs so should not discharge the unit too quickly. The smaller lamp uses a tungsten bulb controlled by a push switch giving either a steady light, flashing, or off. This has a removable red filter.

This should be ideal for use with any computerised telescope as long as you do not want to operate heated anti-condensation blankets at the same time. If you intend to use any anti-condensation devices, the bigger Power Tank would probably be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful power source, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
I am using this to power a Celestron CPC800 telescope. It works very well and is better than using AC adapters that would require long leads from mains supply, and also may be subject to power surges. I haven't managed to discharge it yet after 2-3 sessions with the scope so it would seem to be just the thing for this purpose. I'll also carry it in my campervan in case of battery problems!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for many uses not just for telescope..., 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
Fully charged it lasts for ages...
Idea emergency power backup as well as power for telescope..
Ideal for long car journeys ad can charge phone as well with USB connection..

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Celestron Nexstar 6SE, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
As the Nexstar 6SE is notorious for battery useage and the supplied mains adapter isnt that portable this is a great purchase! I love it that it has 2 USB slots rather then 3 DC ports as now I can charge my smartphone at the same time! Light is useful for setting up and putting away scope.
Only negative (and loss of a star) is the Fuly Charged light doesnt work and has never worked- but as I keep the unit regularly plugged in the mains to recharge this isnt a deal breaker

4.0 out of 5 stars It Does Come With Power Lead For Telescope, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
Just arrived and am impressed with the build quaility, if you are like me you were reading the review's to see if it came with the lead to plug into the telescope, it does, it's inside a compartment at the back that you open, a really good deal for this price, the only thing i didn't give it 5 stars for is becuase in the manual it says it needs to be charged for 16 hours before first use which i did, but the green light was stating fully charged from the start, but i left it plugged in anyway but i wasn't comfortable that the fully charged light was on, will be heading out with a Celestron 130 SLT soon and ill updatye the review then!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy gadget to have for my telescope gear, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
I use this as an occasional torch and to power my Astrotrac. It works great for both functions and so far has not given me any reason to regret the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great power tank, 21 Oct. 2013
Peter (hampshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sky-Watcher 7Ah Rechargeable Power Tank (Electronics)
Cheaper than the equivalent Celestron product but identical. Charges really quickly. Very light to move about. Overall a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars sent me the wrong unit, 14 Oct. 2013