5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
What can I say apart from WOW! I looked at between 30 - 40 different makes and models of in car phone holder and this is with out a doubt the best you can get.

Solid design and the mechanical operation of the jaws open and close smoothly and feel well built. Now we get to the suction!....

This thing will clamp to your windscreen stronger than a...
Published 19 months ago by Gadget Guru

3.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from s2 dock, a little disappointed.
I upgraded my phone earlier this year from an s2 to an s4, which also meant I needed to upgrade my vehicle dock. The s2 holder I had (samsung original) was great, no problems, held well, never fell of the screen etc. However, this one doesn't really live up to the same quality and I am disappointed.

Firstly it appeared that if I placed it in the same position...
Published 22 months ago by hev

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Samsung In-Car Vehicle Dock Kit Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

This thing will clamp to your windscreen stronger than a Barnacle to a whales whatsit's! Once on you get no shake or wobble of any description as if its actually part of the cars dashboard.

Dont waste your time trauling the internet reading loads of reviews...if youve got a Samsung S3/S4 or any other similar size smart phone...then this is all you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Money, 7 Mar. 2013
I did look at much cheaper phone cradles but I've used them before & they tend to have a short life span before they break apart or fall off the windscreen.
The Samsung seems an altogether better made product. The suction on the screen is very strong, it fits the phone well even with a gel case on & is very easy to clip & unclip the phone into it.
Time will tell I suppose but for now I would certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and quality item, 7 Jan. 2013
I had the Galaxy S2 and the genuine in-car holder which was specific to the phone. This however is more universal but is still a really good one for the Galaxy S3 despite it being for multiple phones. Suction is very good, zero bounce when fitted to screen, the arms have ample gap to get your phone out of the holder. The rachet is 100% reliable and even when gripping phone lightly it will not fall out as the sides are angled to hold phone in. I use a thin case on my gs3 and its fine. Can also turn it to landscape and video as you drive without the holder arm being in view, and it has no bounce or shake at all. The rotation of the holder is smooth and doesn't tighten up if you turn the holder clockwise. The only time phone will move is when pushin in your in-car charger micro usb connector, if the arms are clicked once it doesn't grip it tightly enough to stop the phone lifting up, if the side arms are clicked a little tighter then this does not happen.
Its a quality item, lives up to the 'you get what you pay for' saying. I'd happily buy again despite its simple looks its a very practical and functional in-car holder. 10/10 from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars best mount!, 31 July 2013
Have to say I was unsure at what extra I would get at a mount costing near £20. However, after using it, it is 100% justified. Rock solid, no bounce. I use a Nexus4. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 28 July 2013
i brought this as it was samsung , and i feel it always worth paying that bit more to get branded products.

this doesnt disappoint , fantastic quality , and to be honest was cheaper than some lesser items

this is the product to buy if you have a samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 21 July 2013
it stays put on the winscreen. it's flexible and yet sturdy. I have purchased a number of cheaper and mor generic similar items - this is the real thing and worth paying a little extra for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid in-car holder, 18 Dec. 2012
I've been using this in-car holder for my Samsung S3 for several months now and think it's great value for the money.

It's well built and holds the phone securely without vibration when driving. The ball pivot allows you to twist the phone into landscape/portrait quite easily and doesn't seem to be effecting the stiffness of the joint.

As other reviewers have said; although this is the official S3 in-car holder, it is not specifically designed to only fit the S3. I personally see this as a benefit, as I can still use the same holder no matter what phone I have in the future (this would probably be an equally good holder for many large phones with the usb socket located on the bottom & middle of the device).

No charging cable supplied, but the listing doesn't say one is supplied! so no issues there.

I think it's so good that I've bought my wife one for Christmas :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, 13 July 2012
Great item and well worth the extra money compared to the generic holders. My S3 is held firm with and without it having it's gel case. Plus it's really strongly attached to my screen. No chance of it falling off!
Like others, my package was sent without the Samsung car charger as referred to in the box (and not in the listing.) However, having send an email querying where it was, I was immediately sent an original Samsung charger which arrived the next day.
All in all, a great item and great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great thing!, 23 Sept. 2013
I bought this specifically for use in my car - and the setup described below.

I bought the dock with 'USB to Micro B Cable 2m Black For Mobile' (as the dock does not come with a cable)- see my review on the cable, separately.

The dock holds my Galaxy Note set to work with TomTom for Android. The cable runs form my cig lighter USB adapter which gives 2A output. The cable (above bought separately) is long enough to go around the base of the steering column once and a half, without causing any trouble or interference, at all. I wanted that because cables tend to get pulled by accident from my experience, so the base of the steering column acts as an anchor, just in case.

The Dock is easy to set up and fit to the car. I mean it takes like 20 seconds from unboxing to set up! How cool is that. The build of this Dock is excellent and is very easy to position and stick to glass surfaces. Good suction mount.

My Galaxy Note 2 was loaded a few days ago with TomTom's Android app which works a dream! Nice big display; much bigger than my TomTom 530 (whose battery went dead quite some time ago and has trouble getting traffic updates on the old radio system). I know people have groaned about early versions of this TomTom app, but latest version of 13th Sept 2013, works well (for me).

The cable runs from the cig lighter USB power adapter to my front side window of a C4 Grand Picasso, where it goes into the Note 2, siting snuggly in the Dock Kit above. It's really nice and not too conspicuous at all. I've kept the Dock quite low, nearly touching the dash, and stuck on the right front side triangular-ish window, means I've got a clear view of the road and still much view through the triangular side window.

The SatNav voice is transmitted over Bluetooth connection to the car's speakers, so I get clear loud enough directions. I normally play by music from the phone through Bluetooth to the speakers. The phone is therefore being charged at all times, by this cable avoiding any power drain from GPS and 4G connection. SatNav cuts in nicely to music and out again.

For people who wish to use Lapsit (Android App) you can do a time lapse video of your journey allowing your phone to take interval shots of your journey (if you set the phone at the correct angle). I imagine if you have a large enough SDHC card you could do a full video of your journey without touching the phone (as fiddling with a phone whilst driving is illegal).
[Disclaimer: this is not an invitation or recommendation to do this therefore no liability accepted if you get into trouble. Just to be clear I purchased this dock not with the intention doing video or time lapse photos whilst driving.]

My setup is now sweeeeet thanks to this Dock, which allows me to use the phone as TomTom Navigation! Best wishes. [The C4 Grand Picasso allows for taking calls without need of touching the phone - I also use it with EasyProfile which means I can set it to autoanswer. Just a reminder to all, to drive responsibly]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant For S3, 11 Sept. 2013
Firstly, when I tried to fix the holder to the windshield (VW Passat), as I wanted to use my phone as a sat nav, I found that it is not easy to find a good spot to not obscure the road. You can’t go to close to the border/corner of the windshield as it getting curvy and the suction mount doesn’t grip properly. It is only due to the geometry of the windshield and not any feature of the holder. After fiddling for cica 30 minutes I found the most suitable spot. The holder stuck to the windshield very securely. It could not have been too close to the dash while in the horizontal position as the holder side clamps goes apart before the phone can be placed correctly in the position and than the clamps need to be brought together to securely grip the phone within the holder. Therefore, I decided that it will be more convenient to position the phone in vertical position, just keeping enough space for the power cable plug in (not included in the set but after examining the box carefully my impression was that it was not ment to be part of this set, you can have one in a good price from amazon anyway). The next morning on my way to work I tried the sat nav app, to find out that the vertical position is a bit annoying (I get used to Tom-Tom proper sat nav) so I stopped to re-adjust the holder only to find out that it rotates vary easily from vertical position even though the mounting screw was properly fastened. The phone orientation can be adjusted effortlessly without any fiddling with any screws on the holder even while driving. Since it is Samsung branded you can expect higher quality than from no branded device, however I would expect that the back screw would needed to have been loosen a bit before position re-adjustment, but it seams that it is not a case for this holder what was a great surprise for me. So far I am more than 100% satisfied with the purchase. It works well even when the phone is fitted with original Samsung flip case. It would be worth every penny even if I have had paid full RRP.