4.0 out of 5 stars GET ROLLING THOSE BALLS!!
Published 11 months ago by FAMOUS NAME

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
not what I thought it was
Published 6 months ago by dee

4.0 out of 5 stars GET ROLLING THOSE BALLS!!, 21 May 2014
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
`Rolit' to me is very similar to the game `Othello' - the main two differences being; only two can play Othello - where four can can play here, and in Othello, players are also able to trap their opponents pieces between just one of their own, and the edge of any side of the game board - here you can't. Excepting that, and the use of colours, both games are very similar.

I liked this game though, as it's bright and colourful, but I've knocked one star off for a rule that is difficult to implement, namely; the rules say a player HAS to `trap' his opponents marbles if he is able to on his turn. However; he may not see this - but his opponent does... Now; how does any player know that this is a `genuine' oversight on the other players' part?? It's important because the game rules point out that it is NOT always to a player's advantage to trap large numbers of his opponents marbles, and so a slightly `unscrupulous' player shall we say, `may' pretend he hasn't seen a chance to trap the marbles when he has... (I think my partner did this on me once or twice...) I think perhaps this rule could only have worked had it also included some kind of `penalty' when it happens, and the opposing player `notices', and points it out immediately after the other player has finished his move... Having no penalty, certain moves can be ignored in favour of strategy - yet, as explained; the game states a player MUST trap when and where he can... This problematic rule for me spoils gameplay a little, and so I've knocked the said one star off a game I would normally have given five...

One niggle on production I have is the playing board being in two halves; not necessary at all when there's only about a 1/4 of an inch out with the size of the box either side, and so this seemed hardly worth the extra manufacturing to me... Put an extra inch on the size of the box and be done with! Why DO they do it???

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for 6 year old boy, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
Good fun game, easy to play and good for a bit of strategic thinking, which we've found young boys are very good at!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good simple game, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
Its a really good game, and you don't know who will win until the last ball is on. It's like an extended connect 4.Fab!

5.0 out of 5 stars A well received present,, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
Having gave this as a present the feed back was well received as all the family have enjoyed it immensely !

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 27 Dec. 2012
Teresa Waller - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
I like to get a new game which all the family can play ever year. This game has been great, we haven't play any other game.

5.0 out of 5 stars A game for the family., 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this for my sons 7th birthday. It 'a easy to grasp the rules of the game. Even my 5yr old was able to play with ease.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 28 Sept. 2014
not what I thought it was

5.0 out of 5 stars looks good, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Ideal Rolit Puzzle (Toy)
I bought this for an 11 year old grandson for Christmas. Always a difficult age to buy for! Hoping it's a hit on the day

Ideal Rolit Puzzle