on 6 September 2014
Fits well - eventually. If your previous letter box is a standard 2 screw model, like this one, it will be a joy to fit. If, like me, it was an 8 screw (4 on each side of the door) model then prepare yourself for several hours of frustration. I needed to hack saw the door, drill new holes for the screws and purchase new screws as the ones supplied are too small even though my door width is within the 80 ml guidelines. You then need to align the two sections "blind", definitely a two person job. Fitting eventually completed today. Never to be repeated. Product looks ok but time will tell.
on 21 February 2013
This letterbox has changed my life........I have been kept awake for weeks with a broken letterbox, A rather large package from AMAZON got squeezed through my letterbox and it broke the hinges. This came promptly and was easy to install , even by an old granny!!!!!! came with all the screws needed so now i sleep soundly, no banging letterbox perfect!!
on 31 December 2015
The old letterbox gave up in a recent bout of windy weather and with it rattling like Marley's chains it too was dead and needed replacing. This was only going to be a five minute job, old one out, new one in - how difficult could it be. Well 30 mins of looking at various letterboxes on Amazon made it clear that there a several different fitting arrangements for a 10" letterbox. None of which matched with the size of the old one.

The new one is the closest I could find to the old box; the key measurement for me being the 236mm between centres for the fixing as that was the same as my old one. But for some reason although that was the same size, the sleeve/tunnel was slightly smaller on the old box than on the new one. So it was necessary to enlarge the existing hole and slightly modify the fixing holes to align properly; but nothing more than a bit of measuring, drilling and filing. I also needed to cut 10mm off the telescopic sleeve on both the inner and outer section because I had purchased the 40-80 instead of the 20-40. It's now in place and it looks fine, works well and is keeping the wind and the chill outside; premature to comment on longevity, but it seems well made so one would hope for many years of use - but at £7.99 inc VAT and delivery it is a bargain and i'm going to order another one as a ready spare just in case.
on 28 September 2013
the letter box depth was protruding to far through which meant the inside cover when fitted was not able to fit flush against my double glazed door i had to saw one inch of the letter shute to enable the correct interia screws to secure the inside cover . The letterbox is installed correctly now thank you for a realy nice look to my front door, look forward to many more buys from you
on 31 January 2014
good product ideal for use even stopped the draughts in the hallway easy to fix
to the door great service well done
on 16 April 2015
Pretty happy with this, easy to install and it looks pretty good however a couple of design flaws, at least on my unit. 1. Firstly, like me you might wonder which is the external side and which is the internal side as there are no instructions whatsoever! I had to ask advice from other buyers about this. The general consensus was that the letter box with the largest lip (so the postman can lift it open easily) was the external side, thus the side with the draught excluder is the internal side. However on my unit, it looked counter intuitive as that meant the installation screws were on the outside, making it less secure than one screwed in from the internal side as obviously someone else could unscrew it. Secondly, it also meant that the external sleeve went over the internal sleeve, creating a slight ridge that incoming letters could get stuck on. However I fitted it as recommended and it works fine, notwithstanding these issues and good value at around £8.00.
on 14 March 2015
I have many issues with this product:
1. no paperwork/instructions came with it - i.e. what do you do if it doesn't fit, best way to cut it to size etc.
2. it is a nightmare to cut down to the correct size - it's designed to fit a door that is significantly wider than most normal doors from my experience
3. the screws are too wide and don't fit
4. there was no foam seal provided (to go between the letterbox and the outside of the door, therefore no weather protection.

Totally not fit for purpose - would recommend you buy a different product. Really disappointed.
on 25 January 2013
My old letterbox had been in place for 15 years and the springs had become useless allowing draughts to blow around the hallway. I replaced it with this letterbox which fitted perfectly. I had to do a small amount of drilling for the new screwholes but this was a simple task.
The two flaps, inside and out, are well sprung and close nicely while the internal brushes reduce any draught ingress even if the daily paper or post is not pushed fully through.
I recommend this product.
on 26 May 2013
There are 2 different depths of letterboxes, one for midrail and one for panel. I did not know this until I received mine - which was for a midrail and not a panel as mine was so obviously did not fit. I had to send it back but unfortunately the company say they have never received it so I did not get a refund. I am currently claiming compensation from the post office for a lost parcel.
on 22 March 2015
Arrived quickly and fitted the old letterbox hole. Has been working well for the last three days! I cannot comment on how well it will last but there is no reason to think it won't do a good job for years to come. I did add some sealant to the outside part of the letter box to ensure that no leaks would occur as there didn't seem to be any other sealant with the letterbox.