5.0 out of 5 stars bulb for Andrew James halogen oven
Published on 1 May 2013 by ReviewMonkey

3.0 out of 5 stars shame they don't last long
I love my halogen oven and use it most days, but the bulbs don't last long, so the energy savings are lost by the cost of replacements.
Published 12 months ago by Mrs G D Tansley

5.0 out of 5 stars bulb for Andrew James halogen oven, 1 May 2013
This review is from: Replacement Halogen Bulb For The Andrew James 12 LTR Premium Halogen Oven Cooker
I use my halogen oven a lot - it's the best kitchen appliance I've bought in years - the bulbs seem to last about 6-8 months. Just under a tenner for a replacement doesn't seem too bad given the usage it gets. The bulb is easy to change, although I'd recommend loosening and re-tightening the screws holding the fan cover on every now and again. I didn't do this first time round and the screws got gummed up with cooking gunk and took a lot of persuading to come undone.
All in all a reasonable price for an essential product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 10 minute job., 20 Dec. 2012
Cmjscothern (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
I would never be without a halogen cooker now and to be able to replace the lamps when they fail is brilliant. The first cooker was sealed so it was not possible but now they are designed so you can install a new lamp. It is very simple, just a matter of unscrewing 4 screws and a cover plate which gives you access to the plug on the end of the lamp. Pull it apart and install the new lamp and you are working again within 10 minutes. And at less than a tenner it is cheaper than a whole new lid.

5.0 out of 5 stars A replacement spare lamp for a great cooker, 18 Feb. 2014
We have had the halogen cooker for a few months now - it has been a great buy - we only decided to buy a spare bulb just in case it eventually failed and we wanted to swap the build out immediately. However, we have not yet needed to replace it so far, but it's good to have the bulb at hand. The cooker is so good that even if the existing bulb failed tomorrow it has been worth the investment (and we have the spare ready!!).

Having this is more of a 'piece of mind' item. Cooker is well used and still going strong.

3.0 out of 5 stars shame they don't last long, 11 Jun. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars REPLACEMENT LAMPS FOR HALOGEN LIDS, 7 Sept. 2014
What a good idea in providing a replacement lamp with the improved Halogen Lid. I have not had to replace the original lamp since the superior design of this unit protects the lamp from fat or product splashes during cooking. Keep cooking with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James after sales are superb, 10 Jun. 2013
I have the original model of oven with the semi fixed in place element .
Andrew James originally sent. me FOC an element after I told them I was able to install it myself .
This time around I just purchased the revised design with the plug style fixing and modified the wiring to suit the plug in arrangement .
Back to working again and what a change to be able to obtain spares relatively cheaply rather than follow the 'throw away' trend and have to purchase a complete new cooker

4.0 out of 5 stars halogen replacement bulb, 13 Jan. 2014
i am disappointed that after having my oven for less than a month the bulb went hope its not going to go every 3 weeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-peasy., 11 Jan. 2014
having used halogen cookers for many years I find this replacement bulb the easiest to insert. My last halogen cooker you had to virtually dismantle to replace the bulb. Excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely NO good., 26 Mar. 2015
I ordered a replacement bulb due to old one eventually expiring.
My replacement bulb came, I put it in & it blew straight away.
I complained & received a new one in the post, I put it in & it blew straight away ?
I gave up.
If it happens once, it could have been due to transit or a faulty bulb but twice there's no excuse.
It cost just under £13. Yes I'm out of pocket, but more importantly I'm left with a halogen oven which is useless now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Very easy to replace works like new excellent product and excellent service