5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent training aid

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but not very tasty
Published 8 months ago by Ginnychick

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent training aid, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Feelwells Semi Moist Liver Training Treats (Pack of 7) (Misc.)
I bought these treats to train my 8 month old Golden Retriever and he absolutely loves them. I thought they were originally on the small side for such a big dog but actually this is better because he eats them quicker and doesn't take so long to chew them as other biscuits I have used. This means we can move on to the next exercise quicker in classes and I can reward him more often even for his heel work without him stopping which is great. They are great value and my dog will do almost anything for them. Bought a training pouch to go with them although as one of the other reviews pointed out they are not greasy so you can just put them in your pocket without a problem.
I would definitely recommend them..

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 21 Jun 2013
These little treats are like heaven in a bag to dogs!!! My GSP puppy will do just about everything I ask of her for one of these treats. No mess, yes they are moist but thankfuly not greasy so go in your pocket nicely as well. If you are struggling to get your dogs attention, waft one of these under their nose, you will get their full attention in quick time. And an added bonus, they are excellent value for money too. Can't recommend highly enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good but not very tasty, 25 April 2014
I expectd these to smell more of liver than they do. Although I felt confident that they were not harmful when fed to my dog, they are actually made of a mixture of oats and liver and thus not highly motivating, although the dog liked them. For a small dog or puppy they need breaking up into smaller pieces and as they are quite hard this was not easy to do. I didn't realise I was buying 7 packets (yes I know it says this) and thought I was paying more for a more concentrated liver treat. I've since found out how to dry liver myself, so shall be doing that in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars trianing essential, 10 Mar 2014
My puppy loves these and will do anything for a treat. Small size means I can keep doling them out without overfeeding him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs favourite!, 10 Mar 2014
Our 12 week old puppy loves these so they are ideal for training purposes. These were very promptly delivered and getting an outer at this price seems good value compared to pet shop prices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent training treats, 15 Feb 2014
It's what it says and my Westie loves them. Excellent training treats as only small, therefore your dog can safely have a few during the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect everyday training treats, 4 Sep 2014
I bought these because of the good reviews, and they certainly lived up to them. I've got a 23 month old Norwegian Elkhound, who is not the easiest dog to train (but a lovely temperament). He's also slightly overweight so his treats need to be small and low calorie, but tasty. I've used the 95% meat ones, which he likes, but they're expensive. Even though these Feelwells treats are more like tiny soft biscuits than meat, he loves them more than the meat ones and the packets are huge and last ages. We're on the 5th packet now and he still loves them. They're going to be my standard everyday treats from now on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big, 14 July 2014
Too big as training treats, needs to be at least half the size. When you doing a lot of training, it just filled the dog up and they take a longer time to eat them not focussing on what they need to.

4.0 out of 5 stars good for training, 10 July 2014
excellent training treats - dog loves them but definitely wouldn't be distracted from chasing a squirrel for them. would point out that he's a very tiny dog and these are quite tiny for him, so might be ineffective for larger breeds. they aren't wet at all so easy to have a handful in various pockets/bags

5.0 out of 5 stars dog loves them, 10 July 2014
S. Weston (Ipswich) - See all my reviews
our dog loves these, and for training classes, where they get through a lot of treats, these are ideal as they are small and reasonably healthy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›