5.0 out of 5 stars LOVINGLY CRUEL
Published on 5 April 2012 by Claude Beck

3.0 out of 5 stars love story
It was Ok kept my interest had to read to end but no surprises always guessed what was going to happen
Published 11 months ago by N. H. Mcleay

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVINGLY CRUEL, 5 April 2012
Claude Beck (Cannes, Alpes Maritimes, France) - See all my reviews
Now at long last, here is a gifted author who can brilliantly describe human feelings. Samantha Ford will take you to the great heights of love and passion as only a woman can. In the first part of the book she lets you participate in the happiest and best that life has to offer. But be warned, life is never that simple, because Samantha is also able to transcend emotional suffering to the the limit of your endurance. She is the master of the game and keeps up the highest tension throughout the novel right into the last chapters where this beautiful story unfolds into an unexpected finale, leaving the most hard cooked reader in tears but happy. I have seldom been drawn into such an exciting story and hope Samantha Ford will please us with many more books of such quality.You can feel she must have lived herself through such situations and been to those places described by her, and, of course, she loves Africa like the ones who have lived there many years. To them, the book is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars the Zanzibar affair, 4 April 2012
I loved this book and found myself sneeking off to read a few more pages through the day. A good plot, evocative descrptions of Africa. Here is an author who can create a story to get lost in. I look forward to the next book by Samantha Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant first book!, 15 Jun 2012
Mrs. S. Denny (London, England) - See all my reviews
This was recommended to me by a friend who knows the author and I must say it's fantastic. I started & finished the book in a day-and-a-half, the characters and plot keep you gripped and so I was reluctant to put it down (I'm not good with books, if I start one and don't finish it, it gets left to one side and forgotton about). I certainly didn't expect the plot to take the course it did and would never have guessed how the story was going to pan out. It's an excellent read and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Zanzibar Affair, 3 Mar 2012
I have never written a book review before. However I have been inspired to write about The Zanzibar Affair. I found it exciting, moving, well written and an ideal novel to read when you are looking for an absorbing story with striking and sensitively drawn characters, suspense, and originality. The settings and places in South Africa, the power of the ocean, and the sea bird enhanced the mood of the novel and delighted this reader. I read it non stop and look forward to the next Samantha Ford novel!! Well done!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner., 1 May 2012
This review is from: The Zanzibar Affair: A High Society Love Story Out of Africa (Kindle Edition)
This is a romance and a half. The story of an abiding relationship that transcends decades of separation is told with great skill and is a read that draws you into fascinating worlds continents apart. A page-turner and surely a writer to note for the future. Wonderful value in this format as an ebook.

4.0 out of 5 stars an enjoyable read, 8 April 2014
Anyone who likes a good romantic story set on the African Continent will enjoy this book. It's an enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 20 Mar 2013
Fast moving, emotional and all set in beautiful places. Read it in Kenya and I couldn't put it down - have recommended it to my friends. I am looking forward to Samantha's second novel!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Good Read, 15 May 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. The author succeeds in creating characters which the reader cares about. I read the book quickly because I wanted to know how it was going to end. I loved the drama of the story and the wonderful descriptions of Africa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read, 12 May 2014
M. Pfeiffer "marion" (knysna, south africa) - See all my reviews
Clever story which is well written and keeps you entertained and very difficult to put it down. Would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars love story, 18 Jan 2014