5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough words
There are just simply not enough words that I can use to explain my love for this book. It made me laugh so hard multiple times, it made me cry, and it just filled me with the love that is shown through out this book. TJ Klune, fantastic job and you are now becoming my number one author. Keep on writing and I'll be waiting anxiously :)
Published on 23 May 2012 by Carolyn Latimer

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too different
I wanted to love this, as I enjoyed the first installment "Bear, Otter and the Kid". Although there is lot to enjoy, I struggled with the fact that the main character's tendency to over-think is taken to extreme levels making him come across as a camp drama-queen. This would be fine except that it is radically different from how he is depicted in the first book (at least,...
Published 24 months ago by Acala

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough words, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as BOATK, 29 April 2012
I read Bear, Otter and the Kid a couple of months ago and have been eagerly awaiting 'Who We Are'. Sequels often disappoint, but not in this case. It was just as good as the first book - in some ways better. Already knowing Bear, Otter and Ty, it was great a pleasure to reacquaint with them and get back inside the highly amusing mind of Bear.

This story picks up pretty much where Bear, Otter and the Kid finished off, with the three guys determined to make their relationship work. In this book, we see a little more of Otter's insecurities, get right back into Bears convoluted mind and watch as Ty makes a special friend. This book is funny - very funny, sweet, sad, gentle, sexy ;-) . I loved it and seriously hope that Mr Klune decides to turn this story into a trilogy or more - I'm so not finished with my boys yet!

My advice to all - read it

5.0 out of 5 stars There's laughter and tears then tears of laughter........., 29 Nov 2012
There's the strangest bedtime story I've ever read, followed by howls of laughter as an adult loses the battle and the war with a nine year old kid.

I'm a fifty something gay man with adopted kids who found himself laughing until there were tears running down his cheeks at the t shirt war and the family dinner while on the train one day and sitting in the school cafe with bitter tears as I read Dominic's story while waiting for my kids to finish lessons the next.

It's been years since a book has grabbed my emotions and brought them to the surface like this. I've read many books which have made me laugh and feel sad but you are still aware of a style of prose which still leaves you with some detachment, here the author is so direct you are drawn right into the events.

So thanks to TJ Klune for making this reader happy, sad, happy, angry and happy again with this book ( and its predecessor ) you have a gift which I hope many others get to share as well; and if this isn't recommendation enough my seventy plus mother is halfway through the first book and loves it as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to leave their world!!, 10 Sep 2012
It isn't often that I wax lyrical about a book but this one deserves it. To enjoy it fully you really have to read 'Bear, Otter and The Kid' first. I loved that book but found this one even more enjoyable. Both books are written from Bear's point of view and we are drawn into his internal dialogues with the reader and his conscience. Some are so long they almost become 'stream of consciousness' and give us a rare insight into a character's real thought process, Bear's is unique! It is a long time since I have laughed out loud so much only later on to find tears streaming down my face in sorrow. The author's voice is hidden in this book, which is totally character driven and what characters, Mrs Paquinn will remain in my mind for a very long time. This book was a joy to read and I thoroughly recommend it. Please read 'Bear Otter and The Kid' first though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 14 July 2012
I read constantly but I rarely find a book or book series that has affected me the way both books in this series have. 'Who we are' continues the journey of Otter, Bear & Kid; it is beautifully written, laugh OUT LOUD Funny, heart stoppingly passionate and heart renderingly sad. I cried and cried at times but don't let that put you off reading this wonderful book. URGENT Message to TJ Klune PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write Kids story soon!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by TJ Kulne, 4 April 2013
Mark (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So this is the third book by TJ Kulne I've read, and the third one I've felt the need to right a review of.

I read "Bear, Otter and the Kid" and immediately had my self searching hoping they're was a sequel, to which I found myself in luck, sometime sequels don't live up to the original, this one however, is just as good if not better, it yet again had me reading longer into the night, the only problem I had with this book is that as it had me so gripped that I was reading way more than I usually do, I finished it in no time at all.

I've noticed from some internet searches that theres going to be a third book in this series, I just hope it's as good, I know I'll be wanting it the second it's released, cant recommend this book enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to read again and again, 28 Jan 2013
This has to be THE best book i have read.
One minute i was laughing so hard i had tears coming down my face and the next i was sobbing.
I have not had a book twist in me knots as much as this.
There was such emotions there and i actually felt like i was there with them the whole way through.
I know i will be reading this many more times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh No TJ!!! What did you do!?!, 19 Jan 2013
Simon "Simon" (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
Oh No TJ! What did you do? (LOL!).
I purchased and downloaded on the strength of BOATK. So excited! Chapter 1. Oh No! Carry on reading....don't panic...it can't be...please, no Were Bears, no Were Otters, no evil one-eyed FBI agents!!
I should have realised on the strength of the comedic writing in BOATK that TJ Klune likes to tease his reader.
Another fantastic novel. This author is one of my all time favorites. Cry. Laugh. Just enjoy. Well worth the money and just as good, if not better than book 1. Do not be put off by the front cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars There should be a 10 * rating for ' I adore and worship this' !, 11 Jan 2013
mack55 (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Were-bears, a pregnant were-otter ( " fat with my love for you " classic! ) and an evil eye patched kid! I cried with laughter, nearly wet myself and that was only the first chapter! A lot of the time when something is so wonderful first time round it's a hard act to follow but T J Klune has done it again. The boys (and gang ) are back and none of the magic has gone. In terms of most favourite ever literary characters, these guys are way up there in my list! Laughter, tears, frustration, anger, love, heartbreak.....All these emotions and more are constantly being brought out of you as you follow BOATK's story. Waiting - not very patiently - for next book. Outstanding!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding follow-up to Bear, Otter & The Kid....., 3 Jan 2013
BevS (East Anglia, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Well Papa Bear, yet again you and that awesome family of yours have taken me on an emotional roller-coaster ride which I never wanted to end.

I've sniggered, snorted, giggled and laughed out loud, I've also had tears in my eyes and let the waterworks flow (all of which is embarrassing on train journeys let me tell you!). Bear's interaction with his 'vegetarian eco-terrorist in training' sibling is superb, but the best part for me - the tangling of the fingers that the Kid does, as if to re-assure himself that his elder brother and protector Papa Bear is still there - gulp! (sloppy mum coming out there, but a magical moment every time). I've loved the way the Kid is growing up and spreading his wings, that Bear is finally learning to lean on others (even if I did still want to smack him upside the head sometimes for being a dimwit!), that Otter is well, still Otter and Mr Wonderful and loves his family so much. I loved the birth (but not so much the death I have to say, but hey, it happens to us all eventually), the wedding, well what can I say? Hilarious! I adored all the friends (Isaiah & Mr Ass Muscles - there's a pairing made in heaven!), and was over the moon when Bear was more than strong enough to stand up to his complete 'cow pat' (thank you Prince George!) of a mother, and she finally got hers!

I absolutely adored these two books, and hope (pretty please) that you, TJ, will allow us to visit them again in the future (end 2013/early 2014 I believe). I'm now off to read 'Burn', but I already feel as though I'm missing some dear friends!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›