5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and nice performance
Published 23 months ago by William Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT IMPRESSED!
Published 16 months ago by The Guitar Wizard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and nice performance, 9 Feb. 2013
William Marshall (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
I bought this CD player to replace my old Marantz CD65 which had given up the ghost after 27 years. Because of the low price, I wasn't expecting much. However, on learning that it plays mp3 files as well as normal CDs, I burned a CD full of mp3's to try it out. Not only does it play them without trouble, but there is also a random play or shuffle button on the remote that when activated absolutely delighted me, playing all day without needing to change the CD. Needless to say, it also plays my regular CD's with a nice sound. I'm well happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
This CD player (black) looks very stylish. In fact it looks better than many more expensive CD players. The motor is almost silent. Programming the tracks is simple. Instructions are included in a booklet (and CD ROM). 2 short leads are included to connect to an amplifier or other equipment. No headphone socket. Remote control with batteries included. It worked straight out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice CD player!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
I got this to go with my PMA520AE amplifier (the picture shows the amp. instead of the CD player) also purchased from via Amazon.It looks good with the amp.Good build quality and it sounds good to me. It's the simplest connection/setup I've ever done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Denon CD Player DCD520AE, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black I purchased this item through Amazon, express delivery, very good if you don't want to wait in for the delivery man day after day, thoroughly recommended. As for the player, can't fault it, quick to connect up and working in minutes. I had been playing my CD's through a blue ray unit and had been undecided about purchasing a dedicated unit, glad I did, it's superb. It seems (to my ears) to match up very well with Wharfdale Diamonds and a Yam Sub (thro a Samsung A/V amp) and my neighbours can now listen to and enjoy my CD collection! If you are in the market for a CD player without paying silly prices then go for this one, I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT IMPRESSED!, 10 Sept. 2013
Having had perfect service from Denon equipment for about 15 years, I confidently ordered this CD player to replace an ancient Technics CD player that had died. Prompt delivery from Amazon was welcome however, after a few weeks, it started to stall midway through CDs with the only way of progressing being to switch off the player. Amazon quickly replaced it and picked up the faulty player. The new CD player would play no CDs at all and it instantly went back to Amazon for a refund this time. I'm very disappointed at Denon for releasing potentially faulty equipment and feel that their quality control is seriously lacking. It surely cannot be difficult to manufacture a comparatively simple piece of hi-fi equipment within this price range although I have read that there is little difference internally between a cheap CD player and an expensive one.

Full marks for Amazon for their handling of the matter and if I could give less than one star for Denon I would do so regarding my experience on this occasion.

The problem is what do I buy now!

5.0 out of 5 stars DENON DCD 52AE CD PLAYER, 19 Jun. 2013
I have this player a few weeks now and have been enjoying it very much the sound is very clear and smooth.The BASS has
a good range and the TREBLE also .The DENON IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED .AND GREAT VALUE .

MANDO

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound quality great price, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
Love this, it sounds amazing. Our old CD separate finally gave up the ghost after 17 years. When looking for a replacement I wanted a top brand, clear sound and value for money. Denon and Amazon delivered on all counts!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
Couldn't differentiate in sound quality against Marnantz 5004 for which I paid double the price. Heavy duty construction. only drawback is the remote control which is heavily cluttered - so only 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars (But not DVD-R) Nice solid machine from one of the big names in ..., 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Denon DCD520AE CD Player - Black (Electronics)
Plays Audio Cd's & Mp3 discs too. (But not DVD-R) Nice solid machine from one of the big names in the world of Hi Fi.
Looks well built and hopefully will last longer than my last CD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Great, 3 April 2014
G. Nelson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Stunning in my HIfi setup, sound is top quality, had a sony cd player, and just to chk out the differences, I played 1st the sony then the denon cd player, and easily the denon out did the sony cd, far better sound quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›